Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum); Mileage Plus (Former Premier Gold)
Confirmed upgrade from QC1 for $100 plus tax

Originally Posted by jerryss
I had an old OC-1 from MANY years ago. I emailed Bose, and they said no problem. $100 + $7 tax and they would exchange my QC-1 for a QC-15. Sent my QC-1 to Bose via UPS (Cost me $14).

New QC-15's arrived yesterday! Awesome support from Bose.
I am happy to confirm Jerryss' experience. My old QC1 was broken and I was able to trade them in and get the QC15 for $100 plus tax. It's a very good deal, I think.

I did this at the local Bose shop (Broadway and Grand St. in Manhattan)
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Trade-in Offer Still Active

Originally Posted by getrandom
The cord on my QC2s started to fray after my last trip this week and I went to the Bose store in Round Rock, TX to buy a replacement cord for $15. Just before checking out I asked about an upgrade to the QC15s, and he said yep, they could upgrade the older 2s for $99 and the newer 2s for $89. I quickly told him to keep the cable and got the QC15s. He told me to expect "double" the noise cancellation as well as much better battery life. He also noted that the 15s will start to blip at you audibly when the battery is close to dead. I took the new pair home and sat next to my air con unit which is quite loud to test them out. I must say the noise cancellation was notably improved, I heard _nothing_. When sitting in my office with the QC2s I still heard slight background noise, not anymore. Pleasantly surprised and impressed with the new product and the upgrade pricing...
I followed getrandom's lead and went to the Round Rock, TX store today while in town and can confirm that the same deal is still active - $89 for an upgrade to the QC15 from the QC2s. I've yet to jump on a plane but am looking forward to hearing the difference in flight. In the hotel, it seems to be a noticeable improvement in noise cancellation. To me, the audio quality on the new model is equivalent to the QC2.

For those curious if they have the older or newer model of the QC2, the representative at the store informed me that the newer variety has silver cones and the original is champagne colored...
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by biotech flyer
I followed getrandom's lead and went to the Round Rock, TX store today while in town and can confirm that the same deal is still active - $89 for an upgrade to the QC15 from the QC2s. I've yet to jump on a plane but am looking forward to hearing the difference in flight. In the hotel, it seems to be a noticeable improvement in noise cancellation. To me, the audio quality on the new model is equivalent to the QC2.

For those curious if they have the older or newer model of the QC2, the representative at the store informed me that the newer variety has silver cones and the original is champagne colored...
You'll find that the QC-15s are much better on a place. I've used them on multiple trips to SYD this year, and they have blocked enough sound that I was able to sleep for eight hours straight! Best part is the fact that the batteries last for along time!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:15 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I went to a Bose store to upgrade to the QC-15
The sales guy told me he could only do it if there was something wrong with my current unit. I showed him the worn ear cup, he said that they sell replacement cups for that issue.
I said OK - there is a lot of static - he replied "now you get the picture, let me go get the QC-15s for you."
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I went to a Bose store to upgrade to the QC-15
The sales guy told me he could only do it if there was something wrong with my current unit. I showed him the worn ear cup, he said that they sell replacement cups for that issue.
I said OK - there is a lot of static - he replied "now you get the picture, let me go get the QC-15s for you."
dang- props to that person... ^ the one in SEATAC I talked to gave me grief about that... and we didn't do the exchange...

Just called bose after a brief email exchange, and they asked me a few questions- said there have been some interment issues with them, and overall not satisfied. Going to mail them back via UPS, - $5 for that, pus $10 shipping to AK... - so a $15 premium, but I'll get them before my next flight to KOA on the 3rd

They also said just send back the headphones, keep everything else... now to find a box for them...

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, and help me finally get new headphones ^
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K SPG gold MR
Just yesterday I went to the Bose store in Tucson with three QC2’s (mine, Mr kshru’s and my daughter’s) and asked if they were offering the trade up. The man asked if there was anything wrong with them. My conscience won’t allow me to sleep at night if I lie, so I said, “Well they seem to work okay but the foam is all disintegrating” (which was true). He said, “well you can buy replacements, but for another $50+ you can get the QC15’s.” Before he finished his sentence, he had three new boxes of the 15’s at the register. The trade up cost was $89 for each pair. The offer still seems to be good for those still wondering.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Cool

Originally Posted by beckoa
dang- props to that person... ^ the one in SEATAC I talked to gave me grief about that... and we didn't do the exchange...

Just called bose after a brief email exchange, and they asked me a few questions- said there have been some interment issues with them, and overall not satisfied. Going to mail them back via UPS, - $5 for that, pus $10 shipping to AK... - so a $15 premium, but I'll get them before my next flight to KOA on the 3rd

They also said just send back the headphones, keep everything else... now to find a box for them...

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, and help me finally get new headphones ^
My new QC15's arrived today via UPS 2nd day Air Mail ^
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
I called Bose last night to inquire about a replacement for my QC-2's. As with many others, the ear cups began to shed quite a bit. In addition, the overhead cushion/band became extremely soft. So much that a simple rub of the thumb caused it to start shedding as well. I was offered the QC-15's for $89 plus shipping. Old QC2's were dropped off at UPS and new QC'15's are on the way. Sweet deal.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Problems/warranty question

My Bose QC15 headphones, which I have had for 3 months and loved dearly, started making awful clicking and popping noises when I switched them on yesterday. (They have never had a problem before, and worked just fine on the flights last Saturday, which was the last time I used them.) A battery change didn't help, and they do the same thing both on the ground and in the air.

Anyone have any experience dealing with warranty/customer service issues with them? Looks like there's a store in Jackson, NJ about half an hour's drive from me...
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
They have a number you call call for support. Have you tried unplugging the cord and putting it back in?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mwg25
My Bose QC15 headphones, which I have had for 3 months and loved dearly, started making awful clicking and popping noises when I switched them on yesterday. (They have never had a problem before, and worked just fine on the flights last Saturday, which was the last time I used them.) A battery change didn't help, and they do the same thing both on the ground and in the air.

Anyone have any experience dealing with warranty/customer service issues with them? Looks like there's a store in Jackson, NJ about half an hour's drive from me...
Give Bose a call. My QC-15s stopped giving me sounds and noise canceling in the left ear. Gave them a call, and got my pair exchanged for free ^
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
great

Originally Posted by mwg25

as noted throughout the thread, Bose customer service is some of the best. Either call or go to a store and you'll get a new pair. If you go to a store, you'll walk out in five minutes with a new pair
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:31 am

I used to be a big Bose fan but...

not any more. It's not because Bose don't make great noise cancelling headphones... they do. It's just that I find noise cancelling to be total overkill for most applications.

A good pair of in-ears, fitted well to your ears, will block most sound and give you better audio fidelity for the price. They don't need batteries and they are more portable.

I've written about this, so enjoy the post if you so wish.

If you really want to go overboard, you can buy a high-end pair of in-ears and then have a mould made specially for your ear (like what musicians do when they perform). This will make a better fit and enhance the audio experience.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by nmenaker
as noted throughout the thread, Bose customer service is some of the best. Either call or go to a store and you'll get a new pair. If you go to a store, you'll walk out in five minutes with a new pair
Yes, I walked into the Camarillo, CA store with a pair of QC2's that were becoming bothersome due to the speakers crackling, and walked out with a new pair of QC15's for $107.

Thanks everyone!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tothetrail
Yes, I walked into the Camarillo, CA store with a pair of QC2's that were becoming bothersome due to the speakers crackling, and walked out with a new pair of QC15's for $107.

Thanks everyone!
I thought reports of $89, why $107?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.