Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by adambadam
Finally got the email this morning. They should be here by the end of the week.
+1

I got my pair on Friday.. What an improvement! I even used them on a flight yesterday. Amazing sound cancellation!

All in all, this was a great deal that Bose offered. I only paid $15 to ship them to Bose, with the new pair and the return shipping completely free!

^^Bose
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:36 am

Free QC2's

Every once in a while you fall into it. Yesterday while flying to TLV I had a 4 hour layover. I went looking for the New QC 15's in all the stores in the airport. At one store they did not sell Bose, but had many trial pairs of Sony and others. As I was looking through their DEMO section I spotted a BOSE case with a pair of QC2's in it. I ask the sales person if they sold BOSE previously (hoping for a deal). She said someone had come in the other day and and bought a new pair of SONY's and just left the Bose. She said take them if I wanted them. SCORE...... Now all I have to do is trade them in for the new QC 15s. What a deal.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver
Chapie you are what we in the UK would call a 'jammy git' - meant in the nicest possible way.

I got an email from Bose today with a request to fill in a questionnaire re the QC15's that I purchased. Of course in the section asking where else I had seen them recommended i mentioned Flyer Talk Forums!!!

Has anyone else had a questionnaire?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Any comments to see if they are warmer than the QC2 in general?

Also, looking for more reviews from QC2 vs QC15 side by side on the plane. Both ambient and people (i.e. noise). I wouldn't be surprised if they picked a frequency of sound that QC15 works better for their demos.

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Just an FYI. Bose does this for all their products. I called to complain that my 4 year old Sounddock doesn't charge the new iPods and they offered to take it back and send me a new Sounddock Portable for $179 (normally $300). Or I could send it in and they would rebuild it with the new chargers for $99. My new Sounddock portable is being delivered by UPS today!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chapie
Every once in a while you fall into it. Yesterday while flying to TLV I had a 4 hour layover. I went looking for the New QC 15's in all the stores in the airport. At one store they did not sell Bose, but had many trial pairs of Sony and others. As I was looking through their DEMO section I spotted a BOSE case with a pair of QC2's in it. I ask the sales person if they sold BOSE previously (hoping for a deal). She said someone had come in the other day and and bought a new pair of SONY's and just left the Bose. She said take them if I wanted them. SCORE...... Now all I have to do is trade them in for the new QC 15s. What a deal.
Wow, you sure have lucked out. The universe gave you a little present by way of your pure intention.

Last edited by brodyaga; Apr 11, 2010 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 17, 2010, 9:29 am

I've been very happy with my Bose QC15's. Recently I noticed when I wiggled the headphone jack (where it inserts into the QC15) that there was some skipping/static, and then later I noticed sound was skipping even without touching the wire. I was getting ticked and was about to call Bose to arrange a swap. Then it hit me that it was the battery dying. Replaced the battery and all is well again.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I just wanted to report my experiences with the QC-15's:

When in a Jet Airways A332, Premiere (business) class, herringbone seating arrangement, in the center row, rearmost row, front cabin (heavily partitioned by the herringbone dividers, plus the bulkhead behind me, I found almost *no* difference to the analog Jet Airways Premiere headphones (sound insulating only), which was absolutely amazing!

(Jet's A332's also have a weird overhead stowage design which are very inefficient in comparison to LH's A330's (in terms of capacity), so their angular structure might also be assisting in reducing cabin noise in flight - just an observation which might not be of any value at all)

However, I only tested this by accident, as I found that the QC-15's were not operating at all, possibly due to one of the wires not being connected (probably the ones into the headset itself), and I had to check to see if audio was actually coming out of the AVOD unit, by using the headphones provided.

In comparison, when seated in a Jet Airways 737-900, which luckily happened to have AVOD on board, the QC-15's were most welcome, as I was in the EE row, window, with lots of wind/ambient noise, and I could hear the movie quite clearly!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:59 am

proof of purchase?

did you guys have to provide a receipt or anything with your qc2s? or just telling them the s/n on the headphones was enough?

i may try and track down a broken pair of qc2s. im assuming any pair would work right?

did you have to send back anything besides the headphones? case? documents etc?

thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by magicspot
did you guys have to provide a receipt or anything with your qc2s? or just telling them the s/n on the headphones was enough?

i may try and track down a broken pair of qc2s. im assuming any pair would work right?

did you have to send back anything besides the headphones? case? documents etc?

thanks!
No need for a receipt, I got mine as a gift over 5 years ago so I would not have had it if they had requested it anyways. I believe they asked for everything you got. People have been holding on to the case as they like the QC2 case much more, personally I don't really have a preference so I just sent the case and headphones back.
Old May 1, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by magicspot
Stumbled on this thread a few days back. I took my frayed-but-working QC1 headset to the store. They cheerfully offered an upgrade to either the QC3 or the QC15. A little over 5 minutes later and $100 lighter (with taxes), I walked out with a QC15.

Their stores are always top notch and staffed with helpful, friendly employees.

Last edited by bosbiz; May 1, 2010 at 9:28 pm
Old May 1, 2010, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bosbiz
Stumbled on this thread a few days back. I took my frayed-but-working QC1 headset to the store. They cheerfully offered an upgrade to either the QC1 or the QC15. A little over 5 minutes later and $100 lighter (with taxes), I walked out with a QC15.

Their stores are always top notch and staffed with helpful, friendly employees.
Glad that it worked out! Although, I had lots of trouble getting the stores to accept a trade, so I had to do the trade over the phone...
Old May 1, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Glad that it worked out! Although, I had lots of trouble getting the stores to accept a trade, so I had to do the trade over the phone...
It did look *very* frayed. I mentioned that this did me and the Bose brand no good. That seemed to help.
Old May 8, 2010, 2:36 am

Programs: AA PLT (1MM), DL PLT
QC-15 vs. QC-2 experience

When flying DFW - FRA on AA, I was listening to my QC-2 in business (777) when the attendant offered the AA headphones. Normally, I decline as I find the QC-3 uncomfortable. I asked the attendant if the headphones were the new QC-15 I had heard were being rolled-out. She did not know.

Opening the case I saw that they were the same QC-2 over-ear form-factor, so I was excited to give them a try. Hearing my enthusiasm, my neighbor in the window seat decided to give them a try instead of his ear buds, though he mentioned he never used the AA headphones previously.

I switched back and forth both listening to music and with no audio input. The QC-15 is dramatically better at noise reduction. This was immediately noticeable. Not being an audiophile, I cannot attest to any qualitative differences in the reproduction of sound as captured in the studio. For me, they were great. Not only was the ambient aircraft noise reduced far more than the QC-2, but the cries of a toddler (from several rows back) were completely blocked when listening to music.

I used the QC-15 for the remainder for the flight. Interestingly, the battery warning light was flashing by arrival time. While as a consumer, I appreciate the non-proprietary power system, I wonder if this will make the provisioning by AA more difficult.

Now, I need to figure out how to get my QC-2 upgraded at a retail outlet. As I fly long-haul every two weeks, I do not look forward to shipping my headphones to wait for delivery of other headphones.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I bought my QC2 when they first came out in 2003? But those were the ones with the very weak headbands that crack and then break after about a year.. !

Yep, I've had mine replaced about 3 times.. over 3 years! Twice in the US where I bought them, and the last time was in Canada (Toronto) where I had to send it in for the new stronger QC2s.

I just upgraded mine with a similar buy up offer in Singapore. No questions asked, easy and I even got the tax back. But the price is higher than what is offered here - around S$299 (US$215)

But oh well, I got it right away and it will come in handy for my flight to FRA tomorrow.

PS - Yes they will swap any QC2s on the buy up offer irrespective of how you got them !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.