Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Fredd
While I'm still an over-the-ear fan with our QC-15s (and I've only tried cheap in-ear products so can't compare), you remind me of the time I cracked a pair while sleeping too hard on them during a TATL flight.
I've cracked the little plastic support inside the foam ear cup and have had to replace that several times, but I've never cracked the phones themselves!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:19 pm

I just emailed Bose about the trade in program.

I got the silver QC2 and this is what they said

"Thank you for your inquiry.

I'm sorry, we do not have an exchange program available for your headphones.

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Barry
Product and Technical Support Team"

Well that's dissapointing the program is over!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by iloveespguitars
I just emailed Bose about the trade in program.

I got the silver QC2 and this is what they said

"Thank you for your inquiry.

I'm sorry, we do not have an exchange program available for your headphones.

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Barry
Product and Technical Support Team"

Well that's dissapointing the program is over!
They never had a "trade in program". The have a "replacement" program for defective or damaged products.

All in the verbiage.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA lifetime plat 2.5 million
I had the qc-1, then the qc-2, then the qc-15. I loved each one and found each to be an upgrade over the prior one. I replaced the qc-1 because the qc-2 didn't have the awkward external box. The head band also broke, but it was replaced for free. I finally gave them away to a friend when I upgraded.

The qc-2 worked fine for about 3 years of rough tatl and tpac travel. Then the ear cups and the connection on the left ear broke. I wrote to bose and was told to simply mail them in with $89 (+ shipping + tax) for a replacement to qc-15.

I asked if I could do the same for the older qc-1and was told that bose would gladly update any malfunctioning product. I called the friend to whom I had given them and got them upgraded.

I skipped the qc-3 because I felt that a aaa battery was easier to carry than trying to find a place to recharge. I also like the over the ear style better.

I can't think of the last time I saw any company with a customer support service as good as bose.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: HH <>, B6 mosaic
I traveled for years with a a set of Sony earbuds and I decided it was time to get some real headphones. A friend of mine is an audiofile so I decided to get his opinion on the topic. I'm not going to say Bose makes bad equipment; their headphones are definitely decent. However, they are about 3x the price that they should be. They spend a ton on marketing and sell them to people who assume that they must be great based on the high price and the fact that they are in every in-flight magazine.

I ended up getting some Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B headphones. I test drove my friend's Bose QC 15 headphones and directly compared them to the Audio Technica headphones. I find the sound quality of the AT's to be superior and the noise cancelling is 90% of the Bose headphones. The build quality of the AT's is greatly superior to the Bose headphones. One other nice feature is that the music doesn't stop if your battery dies. The music does stop on the Bose headphones if the battery dies.

Newegg has them right now for $134. I think I bought mine from B&H Photo. Detailed review available here: http://www.headphone.com/
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

They never had a "trade in program". The have a "replacement" program for defective or damaged products.

All in the verbiage.
Oh that's good to hear I'm still safe if my QC2 do in fact broke down.

When I do the exchange, is it due to only US customers or is it worldwide? I'm in Canada

And do they send you a new pair of QC15 with all the accesories ? or just a refurbished QC15 with nothing?

Thanks for your reply!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA lifetime plat 2.5 million
Originally Posted by iloveespguitars
Oh that's good to hear I'm still safe if my QC2 do in fact broke down.

When I do the exchange, is it due to only US customers or is it worldwide? I'm in Canada

And do they send you a new pair of QC15 with all the accesories ? or just a refurbished QC15 with nothing?

Thanks for your reply!
It is my understanding that it is available anywhere in North America, which, to the best of my knowledge, still includes Canada. (feeble attempt at humor)

I shipped in ONLY the earphones. In reading posts, it seemed as if the new case was not so great; so I kept the old one. (note: I thought the new case was perfectly fine.) What I received back was an entire new package, just as if I bought it at the store.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Wow, what a steal. I just came from the local Bose store with my $99 QC-15's. Thanks for the heads up on this.

They took my old headphones and case, but gave me all of the other accessories back. The new kit is brand new out of the box with all accessories and has a one year warranty. Usually companies give refurbished units in situations such as this.

They have a demo setup at the store with a speaker that emits a low rumbling sound (like you would hear in the cabin on a flight). The QC15 demo set was dead silent; when I tried the QC2's that I was exchanging the sound was very audible. The difference was significant.

Last edited by skibum_nj; Mar 10, 2012 at 5:45 pm
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Has anyone else encountered a part loose in the earphones on QC15?

I think the left headphone is rattling.
Wow... seems I've dealt with this for quite a while... Finally had long enough time to call Bose and they said I can take it to a local electronics shop in ANC for an exchange... at first was going to send back (7.50 for prepaid shipping label) but then offered local swap for faster service. Granted it'll cost more then $7.50 in gas to get there (didn't think about that until after my call but oh well) Hope to get the swap done tomorrow.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:12 pm

I went to the Bose store and was given the oppurtunity to pay $109 + tax for the QC15 (exchange for my QC2).

I didn't bite. I felt there was not THAT much of a difference between the QC2 and QC15. The QC15 being only slightly quieter didn't seem to be worth the extra $109. maybe that's just me, but to pay that much money for an upgrade I would want something dramatic.

And also the QC15 seems to generate more hiss than the QC2. i tried a couple of QC15 at the bose store, and they had couple to make sure it wasn't the problem to the one pair of headphone i tried them on with and they all had a hiss that was very annoying. My QC2 was dead quiet...

Also to note the EQ curve seems to be more subtle on the QC15 without that 'artifical bass' people were talking about, but I kind of like that. Or probably because of the EQ i set on my musicplayer that could have caused it.

Overall i kept the QC2, am I the only one that didn't bite on the QC15 deal?
Additionally I called bose for the QC2 carry case, they were selling them for only $14.99. What a steal!

But please don't take me the wrong way, i am sure the QC15 is much more superior than the QC2 in everyway (except for the case) but I'm just saying perhaps, when my QC2 do die eventually I'm sure at that time $109 would be an awesome for an upgrade but as long as my QC2 still works, I don't see a point to swap

Cheers
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wow... seems I've dealt with this for quite a while... Finally had long enough time to call Bose and they said I can take it to a local electronics shop in ANC for an exchange... at first was going to send back (7.50 for prepaid shipping label) but then offered local swap for faster service. Granted it'll cost more then $7.50 in gas to get there (didn't think about that until after my call but oh well) Hope to get the swap done tomorrow.
Success

No issue swapping my headphones- employee called up Bose to verify it was still under warranty (as apparently based on the serial # he knew it was over one year) but Bose had already ok'ed my headphones for exchange ^ and was verified after he made a quick call.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: AA PLATINUM
i have 2 x qc15, old ones are greats, and new ones it seems the same it only have new cable for iPhone you can use it to have a conversation as it have a mic.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by rookiecz
i have 2 x qc15, old ones are greats, and new ones it seems the same it only have new cable for iPhone you can use it to have a conversation as it have a mic.
Correct - my new ones have the ipron cable too... will it work on other smart phones or just apple?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Correct - my new ones have the ipron cable too... will it work on other smart phones or just apple?
Bose man told me need a different item for other phones as I don't have an iphone - v. cheap have purchased.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Just called Bose customer service and they gave me $90 towards a new pair of headphones (was trading in ORIGINAL AE Blue headphones, the guy laughed at the serial number) I picked up the AE2, w/tax and shipped for $73 ^

Should get them on Friday, Good job Bose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.