Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:43 am

Hi. I am new to Bose QC15 since I just bought them so I really need your feedback.

When it comes to noise cancelling at least my own pair don't fully cancel low frequency sounds - they reduce them instead. So for example (since I didn't take them with me yet in a flight - I will do in 1,5 weeks) when testing them next to a hairdryer they where greatly reducing the noise but the noise was still hearable. Same thing with my electric vacuum etc. I have also tried them next to a passing train and I could still hear the noise but again it was greatly reduced.

Is this the same with you or is it just me?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by gpgalanis
Hi. I am new to Bose QC15 since I just bought them so I really need your feedback.

When it comes to noise cancelling at least my own pair don't fully cancel low frequency sounds - they reduce them instead. So for example (since I didn't take them with me yet in a flight - I will do in 1,5 weeks) when testing them next to a hairdryer they where greatly reducing the noise but the noise was still hearable. Same thing with my electric vacuum etc. I have also tried them next to a passing train and I could still hear the noise but again it was greatly reduced.

Is this the same with you or is it just me?
If you are expecting the head phones to completely block sounds, you will be greatly disappointed. That is not what they are designed for. Perhaps a food set of ear plugs?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you are expecting the head phones to completely block sounds, you will be greatly disappointed. That is not what they are designed for. Perhaps a food set of ear plugs?
Actually I didnt expect them to cancel everything. I knew that there are obviously limitations. However since I bought them without testing them first (there is no test store where I live) I just wanted to get also other people's feedback.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:11 am

Hi. When you have the Bose on and you click play for the first time do you hear a click sound from the left speaker where the cable is located? This sound disappears as you click next etc but when you pause the song for a long time and then play it again the click sound reappears.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:38 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
I called our new Bose store in City Creek in Salt Lake and was told implicitly that there was NO trade in program. If I could demostrate my QC2's were malfunctioning there was a $99 trade up program. The woman said, "If you've heard otherwise anywhere else you were misinformed"

There was quite a bit of sass in her voice when asking her. I was very polite about it too.

I haven't called the Park City outlet store to ask. They do have refurbs for $30 less than normal.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:11 am

Bose QC15 and Nokia -BH905i

I have Bose QC15 and Nokia -BH905i
Sound quality is pretty much the same
BH feel softer on the ears, Bose does not feel as comfortable with this ugly big speakers.
When you run on a treadmill Bose sucks big time because of the cable moving in front of you. With BH 905i I don't have that problem.
Also is much easier to travel with BH-905I, You don't have to look for that long cable getting stuck on a doorknob or someone's seat when you move.
I can't live without my Nokia BH-905i . I give my Bose QC to my wife
Be careful for fake Nokia BH 905 On eBay
Always look for genuine.
The fake ones cost $50-$90
The genuine cost 200-350
I've paid for mine
Bose QC15 $400. *** ( I regret this)
Nokia BH905 $250. ********
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:34 am
Suspended

Earplug headphones

Originally Posted by Denolloyd

I had this same issue but recently got turned onto Airbuds (air-buds.com) They are basically like earplugs in the sense that they are made from memory foam that expands to your ear. They block out noise so well, compared to my old Nokias, I wont go back to over ear headphones for flying. They are too uncomfortable if I dose off. Plus airbuds are only 40$ so they are easily replaceable if misplaced. lord knows Ive misplaced headphones more than once
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:41 am
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by niceflyer1186
I had this same issue but recently got turned onto Airbuds (air-buds.com) They are basically like earplugs in the sense that they are made from memory foam that expands to your ear. They block out noise so well, compared to my old Nokias, I wont go back to over ear headphones for flying. They are too uncomfortable if I dose off. Plus airbuds are only 40$ so they are easily replaceable if misplaced. lord knows Ive misplaced headphones more than once
Thanks for the tip about the Airbuds, just ordered some foam tips. ^
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Canonli
I have Bose QC15 and Nokia -BH905i
Sound quality is pretty much the same
BH feel softer on the ears, Bose does not feel as comfortable with this ugly big speakers.
When you run on a treadmill Bose sucks big time because of the cable moving in front of you. With BH 905i I don't have that problem.
Also is much easier to travel with BH-905I, You don't have to look for that long cable getting stuck on a doorknob or someone's seat when you move.
I can't live without my Nokia BH-905i . I give my Bose QC to my wife
Be careful for fake Nokia BH 905 On eBay
Always look for genuine.
The fake ones cost $50-$90
The genuine cost 200-350
I've paid for mine
Bose QC15 $400. *** ( I regret this)
Nokia BH905 $250. ********
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Not sure where you bought your QC-15s, as they cost $299, not $400...

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Sep 23, 2012 at 1:44 pm
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Canonli
When you run on a treadmill Bose sucks big time because of the cable moving in front of you.
I am really looking forward to the day I see someone running on a treadmill wearing a pair of QC-15s.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL, US
These are available from AAFES (military store) for 279.95 and if you catch the occasional 15% off coupon (like the one available for today only), then it comes out to 237.96.

I'm still not sure if I should get a pair.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
I finally utilized the "warranty" program for my QC2s (v2) and the cost to replace them with QC15swas $99. I did the exchange at the Bose Store in Burlington, MA.

Prior to arriving, I was unclear exactly how the program worked and if it really existed. The salesperson made it clear that there was not an upgrade program. He did consult with the manager to make sure my particular problem qualified under the warranty program. (I had the plastic break near the mount for one of the ear pieces. They've been super glued for awhile. I also had a lot of wear on the cushions but do not know if that actually qualified)

He consulted a detailed matrix of replacement products with a fixed warranty replacement price. I believe many other Bose products were on the list and there's a standard cost based on what you're upgrading from/to. I was also offered to select any other headset product but immediately jumped at the the QC15s.

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone was unclear how this works.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:46 am

did you have to provide proof of purchase to "upgrade"?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Janina Piotroski
did you have to provide proof of purchase to "upgrade"?
No, I just walked in with my headphones with the case. He even gave me my old battery back. I think I purchased these back in 2006. So, they were almost six years old.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:19 am

My swap from broken QC2 to QC15 was $129, a bit more steep than expecting from others' experiences but better than the $300 I'd pay buying outright to replace. Price was rung up as $89 but that was price of replacing a QC15 with another QC15, so that price was overridden to what was looked up in manual. Tried to point out the $89 price but no luck.

I also just walked in with my old headphones and regular cable, left with the QC15, new cable, and the iphone mic cable. They kept the box to return to Bose the old QC2. Kept my old case and other accessories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.