Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG lounge at new BKK airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
Yeah...this was what I was thinking of as I understand the domestic Royal Silk Lounge does not have showers but the other two Royal Silk Lounges do have showers. I'll have about three hours to kill and I'd love to get to HKT without the stench of 15+ hour flight.

Thanks,

Sioux
I'll be doing something similar Friday morning. I arrive BKK late Thursday night on UA and then depart on a domestic flight first thing Friday AM. I'll be staying at the transit hotel inside the international departures area and had planned to use the Royal Silk lounge near gate D1 (since I don't think that I'll be able to get to the domestic lounge). I've been under the assumption that I'll be able to access the C lounge in the international side of the terminal.

I'll report back here on Friday and let you know if it worked. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that since I arrived on UA in F and it's very early in the morning (around 6:00AM) that I'll be able to sweet-talk myself into the F lounge

One can dream, can't he??
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by RChavez
Hmm, that didn't work for me in HKG. I was inbound in SQ F from SFO, connecting to TG J to BKK. I tried accessing the UA F lounge in HKG for a shower, etc, but they would not let me in using my inbound SQ F boarding pass. They said it was because I was continuing in J on TG.

I think it might be an easier sell to the agents if you have an unused F BP for later in your journey. I got the sense Star Lounge Access policies were always governed by your onward boarding passes, not inbound.
in HKG you could have easily used the great showers in the large United biz class lounge (right next door to the small UA First lounge)....or the smaller shower area (stall) in the TG biz/first class lounge...
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by andrewp
I'll be doing something similar Friday morning.
Greetings from the Royal Silk Lounge...

Sosiouxme you can indeed get your BP for your onward segment and use it for access to the Royal Silk lounge in the international departures area. I actually got here before the domestic transfer counter opened and was granted access with a copy of my e-ticket receipt.

Unfortunately, I wasn't admitted to the F side of the lounge as they are, indeed, not allowing arriving F pax to use it. If you are arriving in F on a TG flight you'll be allowed in (regardless of Cos on connection), but for the rest of us it's based on the departing flight.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:54 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Thanks for the 411

Originally Posted by andrewp
Greetings from the Royal Silk Lounge...

Sosiouxme you can indeed get your BP for your onward segment and use it for access to the Royal Silk lounge in the international departures area. I actually got here before the domestic transfer counter opened and was granted access with a copy of my e-ticket receipt.

Unfortunately, I wasn't admitted to the F side of the lounge as they are, indeed, not allowing arriving F pax to use it. If you are arriving in F on a TG flight you'll be allowed in (regardless of Cos on connection), but for the rest of us it's based on the departing flight.
Thanks for sharing your experience -- my fellow passengers will be ohhh, so grateful as I will avail myself of this opportunity to freshen up.

--Sioux
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Trajan
in HKG you could have easily used the great showers in the large United biz class lounge (right next door to the small UA First lounge)....or the smaller shower area (stall) in the TG biz/first class lounge...
Yeah, well it was my plan to try the shower suites in the F lounge that everyone raved about. But at first I was even denied admission to the Biz lounge. They said a TG J boarding pass did not grant me access.

So I wound up schlepping all my stuff back to the TG lounge and made use of the shower there. However during my 4h layover, I decided to try lounge hopping again. When I went back to the UA lounge and tried to access the lounge, again I was denied entry. It turns out they wanted the lounge invitation that TG had given me (and taken when I entered the TG lounge).

At any rate, after some calls back and forth to the TG lounge, they finally admitted me but made it clear they were doing me a favor. Well, needless to say, the TG lounge was much better than the UA lounge, and I didn't stay long.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by RChavez
Yeah, well it was my plan to try the shower suites in the F lounge that everyone raved about. But at first I was even denied admission to the Biz lounge. They said a TG J boarding pass did not grant me access.

So I wound up schlepping all my stuff back to the TG lounge and made use of the shower there. However during my 4h layover, I decided to try lounge hopping again. When I went back to the UA lounge and tried to access the lounge, again I was denied entry. It turns out they wanted the lounge invitation that TG had given me (and taken when I entered the TG lounge).

At any rate, after some calls back and forth to the TG lounge, they finally admitted me but made it clear they were doing me a favor. Well, needless to say, the TG lounge was much better than the UA lounge, and I didn't stay long.
thats strange...whenever Im in HKG, I always have no trouble going into the UA Biz lounge (with a TG biz BP)....same for access into the smallist US First lounge (with a TG F BP)....they just jot down some info and wave me in.... but I always end my lounge hopping in the TG lounge...
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:20 am

by the way, as of today, the TG arrivals lounge at the far end of the arrivals hall after customs check, is not yet opened....
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG -*Gold, AF-Silver, Asia Miles, BA-Silver, AMEX Green-MR
any new silk lounge(s) opened yet apart from the old one after immigration.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The lounge in Concourse C is open, and has been for the past 4 weeks.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 6:01 pm

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
Update on the lounge situation from my perspective. No new lounges have been opened recently, which means we are still waiting for the Arrival Lounge, Spa Lounge on Concourse D, one Royal Silk Lounge on Concourse C, and one Royal Orchid Lounge on Concourse E to open. All four of these lounges look to be fully completed or just about completed, so I'm not sure what the holdup is. Perhaps they want to open them all simultaneously with some ceremony or something to announce that their facilities at Suvarnabhumi are complete.

I have used only three of the lounges at Suvarnabhumi: The Domestic Lounge, the Royal Silk Lounge on Concourse D, and the Royal Silk Lounge on Concourse C. Out of the two international departure lounges, I prefer the one on Concourse C as it has showers and is not very crowded. TG passengers traveling in C will use the dedicated check-in area with the fast-track immigration, which puts you right at the top of the escalator to the entrance to the Concourse D lounge. And all other departing passengers will exit immigration into the center of Concourse D and then either turn left or right depending on where their gate is. If they turn left, they will see the sign for the Concourse D lounge and likely choose that over the one on Concourse C. Thus there seems to be almost nobody in the Concourse C lounge (and perhaps this is a reason why the other lounge opposite is not yet open, as there is no need for it at the moment). I also prefer the tarmac view in the Concourse C lounge over the Concourse D lounge. I haven't used the Concourse E lounge yet, but would guess that it is likely not so crowded, being, based on my experience, TG makes heavy use of Concourse C and D for their planes, and only limited use of Concourse E.

I asked one of the workers at the arrival lounge when it would be finished and he said probably not until the new year. It looked fully ready to go, but maybe some problems with some equipment or whatever.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Royal Silk Lounge in Concourse E is now Open

I am currently (1730 local Thai time) in the Royal Silk Lounge in Concourse E, awaiting departure on TG989 to AKL. Lounge load is very light (15 pax), with some very friendly, young, bright happy staff to make up for a lousy experience at Panthip Plaza over lunch (another story..).

The staff explained the question that has been on the minds of some - what is the difference between Royal Silk and Royal Orchid Lounges...?

Answer:

- Royal Silk Lounges are for Business Class and *A Gold only

- Royal Orchid Lounges are 'dual-zone' having both Royal First and Royal Silk sections to them.

This makes perfect sense given that there is only 1 Royal First Lounge open at the moment in Concourse D, and those travelling F probably don't mind a shorter buggy ride.

I feel I deserve another Asahi after my contributions today.... !!

Cheers, TK
Old Dec 6, 2006, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Soju
Update on the lounge situation from my perspective. No new lounges have been opened recently, which means we are still waiting for the Arrival Lounge, Spa Lounge on Concourse D, one Royal Silk Lounge on Concourse C, and one Royal Orchid Lounge on Concourse E to open. All four of these lounges look to be fully completed or just about completed, so I'm not sure what the holdup is. Perhaps they want to open them all simultaneously with some ceremony or something to announce that their facilities at Suvarnabhumi are complete.

I have used only three of the lounges at Suvarnabhumi: The Domestic Lounge, the Royal Silk Lounge on Concourse D, and the Royal Silk Lounge on Concourse C. Out of the two international departure lounges, I prefer the one on Concourse C as it has showers and is not very crowded. TG passengers traveling in C will use the dedicated check-in area with the fast-track immigration, which puts you right at the top of the escalator to the entrance to the Concourse D lounge. And all other departing passengers will exit immigration into the center of Concourse D and then either turn left or right depending on where their gate is. If they turn left, they will see the sign for the Concourse D lounge and likely choose that over the one on Concourse C. Thus there seems to be almost nobody in the Concourse C lounge (and perhaps this is a reason why the other lounge opposite is not yet open, as there is no need for it at the moment). I also prefer the tarmac view in the Concourse C lounge over the Concourse D lounge. I haven't used the Concourse E lounge yet, but would guess that it is likely not so crowded, being, based on my experience, TG makes heavy use of Concourse C and D for their planes, and only limited use of Concourse E.

I asked one of the workers at the arrival lounge when it would be finished and he said probably not until the new year. It looked fully ready to go, but maybe some problems with some equipment or whatever.

last Friday, I was in the Royal Silk lounge in Concourse D....very busy, but not so crowded that you could not find a seat or even a slumber chair or internet terminal....

but after I had a few canapes and juices I left and visited the Royal Silk lounge in Concourse C....it was so quiet you could sleep in your chair....they seem to be on the very verge of opening the twin Royal Silk lounge just across the hall in Concourse C....

the lounge attendant said that both Royal Silk lounges in Concourse E are open, but I didnt have a chance to hike all the way over there....last time I was in Concourse E, I tried the CIP First class lounge, which was nice and they had paid foot massage available within the lounge....The larger CIP business class lounge in Concourse E was being used by Qantas, BA?, Emirates etc. pending their own lounge openings I think....

Last edited by Trajan; Dec 6, 2006 at 4:32 am
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
The staff explained the question that has been on the minds of some - what is the difference between Royal Silk and Royal Orchid Lounges...?

Answer:

- Royal Silk Lounges are for Business Class and *A Gold only

- Royal Orchid Lounges are 'dual-zone' having both Royal First and Royal Silk sections to them.

This makes perfect sense given that there is only 1 Royal First Lounge open at the moment in Concourse D, and those travelling F probably don't mind a shorter buggy ride.

I feel I deserve another Asahi after my contributions today.... !!

Cheers, TK
thanks, yes that makes sense :

2 Royal Silk lounges in Concourse C (biz & Star Golds)
1 Royal Silk lounge in Concourse A (dom biz & Star Golds)
1 Royal Silk lounge in Concourse D (biz & Star Golds)
1 Royal Silk lounge in Concourse E (biz & Star Golds)

1 Royal First lounge in Concourse D (first & Star firsts)

1 Royal Orchid Spa in Concourse D (biz & firsts & paid customers?)
1 Royal Orchid lounge in Concourse E (biz & Star Golds /firsts & Star firsts)
1 Royal Orchid Arrival lounge on Level 2 (biz & Star Golds /firsts & Star firsts)

Last edited by Trajan; Dec 6, 2006 at 4:49 am
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I am currently (1730 local Thai time) in the Royal Silk Lounge in Concourse E, awaiting departure on TG989 to AKL. Lounge load is very light (15 pax), with some very friendly, young, bright happy staff to make up for a lousy experience at Panthip Plaza over lunch (another story..).
is the Silk lounge in Concourse E a mirror twin of the Silk lounge in Concourse C?
Old Dec 6, 2006, 5:29 pm

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
Originally Posted by Trajan
thanks, yes that makes sense :
1 Royal Orchid Arrival lounge on Level 2 (biz & Star Golds /firsts & Star firsts)
I'm not so sure about Star Golds getting access to the arrival lounge. What was the situation with the arrival lounge at Don Muang? I never used it so don't know for sure, but thought I saw an earlier post that it was only for TG C and F passengers - no * G, no other *A carrier's C & F passengers. Maybe someone who is familiar with the arrival lounge at Don Muang can clarify that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.