Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG lounge at new BKK airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:06 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by Trajan
The TG website said there would be an addtional two Royal Silk lounges in Concourse C....did you see the second one by chance?
I was not looking that hard but the map I have shows 2 lounges on C, very close to each other.
Two(2) Royal Silk Lounges at Concourse C, Level 3 – have the same facilities as Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse D, with the seating capacity of 137 in each lounge. These 2 lounges have been specifically designed for transit passengers to relax and refresh themselves prior to catching the flight.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I was not looking that hard but the map I have shows 2 lounges on C, very close to each other.
Two(2) Royal Silk Lounges at Concourse C, Level 3 – have the same facilities as Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse D, with the seating capacity of 137 in each lounge. These 2 lounges have been specifically designed for transit passengers to relax and refresh themselves prior to catching the flight.
yes, the last time I was in Concourse C, Level 3, there were two lounges being fitted-out (across the hall from each other).....it appears now that these will be TG Royal Silk lounges.... (and these are just a few steps away from the main TG Royal Silk lounge at Concourse D---this should alleviate the crowding).....

the other two Silk lounges are waaaay over on the other side at Concourse E...

in any event I hope the TG Orchid Spa lounge (Concourse D) is open soon....Id rather hang out there to relax...
Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:48 am

Programs: Miles and More Silver
M&M FTL card

Can anybody help me to understand which TG lounge can i go in with my Miles and More Frequent Traveller card (silver)?
Thank u guys!
Old Nov 9, 2006, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
FTL Silver is the same as Star Alliance Silver. *A Silver has no lounge access benefits (if travelling in economy class), I'm sorry. I know that LH allow lounge access, but only for LH lounges. Other *A airlines do not allow, nor does LH allow *S into their lounges IIRC.

You need to be HON Circle or Senator (ie Star Gold) for lounge access for *A members.

see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_&_More

and here:
http://webwork.staralliance.com/main_ffp.html
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:28 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
A Thai silver card is fairly pointless, as far as I can tell. You start getting benefits at Gold level.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Soju
I take back my comments about the arrival lounge. It must have looked deceptively unfinished last week, because I just had another look and the furniture is all in now, they had a video monitor installed and being tested, a security room off to the left looked finished with CCTV cameras/monitors all working.
where is the arrivals lounge? is it right after the baggage area and before customs check? or after customs check?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:47 am

here's some glimpses at the Royal Silk check-in zone at Row B, the lounges, etc.

click here
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:48 pm

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
where is the arrivals lounge? is it right after the baggage area and before customs check? or after customs check?
It's to your right after you exit domestic baggage claim, gate A. If you go to the right immediately after exiting, there's a Thai Baggage Services office currently open, and just to the right of that is the arrivals lounge. So if you're on an international flight, exit customs through gate B or C and walk to your right all the way down just past gate A. It's almost at the very end of the arrival hall. I think the only thing after it is the restrooms.

If anyone is arriving soon would appreciate a check to see if it's open or looking to be open, as I'll also be traveling again at the end of this month and might use it if it's open and I plan ahead.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
Originally Posted by john11111111111
A Thai silver card is fairly pointless, as far as I can tell. You start getting benefits at Gold level.
That depends if you travel a lot with checked bags or not, as Silver gets you priority handling which in some cases can save you considerable time, plus an extra 10 kgs. which can save you some money on overweight charges. For me it is pointless as I almost always only have a carry-on.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Soju
It's to your right after you exit domestic baggage claim, gate A. If you go to the right immediately after exiting, there's a Thai Baggage Services office currently open, and just to the right of that is the arrivals lounge. So if you're on an international flight, exit customs through gate B or C and walk to your right all the way down just past gate A. It's almost at the very end of the arrival hall. I think the only thing after it is the restrooms.

If anyone is arriving soon would appreciate a check to see if it's open or looking to be open, as I'll also be traveling again at the end of this month and might use it if it's open and I plan ahead.
thanks, I'll look for it when I fly in 2 weeks ^
Old Nov 10, 2006, 6:10 pm

Some pictures of Royal Silk check-in zone (compare to other check-in lines), Concourse-D Royal Silk Lounge (taken last 2 weeks):

http://inthanon.as.arizona.edu/Digit...nabhumi-TG676/
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:35 pm

EXCELLENT pictures!!!! Thanks for that great effort ^
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:38 am

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus
here's some glimpses at the Royal Silk check-in zone at Row B, the lounges, etc.

click here

That was my preview review from hflight.net ........

Here are the pics of TG new First Class Lounge in BKK (sorry the discriptions are all in Thai language)

TG FIRST CLASS LOUNGE
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Smile

Looks like a wonderful place to spend some time! Good show TG.......
Old Nov 16, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Looks like a wonderful place to spend some time! Good show TG.......
I got to visit on Monday while waiting for my UA flight to NRT. It is a VERY nice lounge. I still prefer the ANA F lounges at NRT, but TG has done a nice job with this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.