Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG lounge at new BKK airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Here is the link to the Star-alliance page, which seems to be for employees and participating:
http://webwork.staralliance.com/

Certainly more information that the usual www.staralliance.com site.

Cheers, TK
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP, TG*S, ex-UA 1P
*G get access to any lounge if flying int bus class

WOW. This is a great post. Thanks!

It says that when you're travelling on a paid international business class ticket, you can access ANY Star Alliance Gold lounge! So this means you could be flying SQ with UA membership Prem Exec (*G) and go into the TG business class lounge.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Will a ROP Gold be admitted to ANY *A business class lounge regardless of who they are flying with?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by B747-438
... Has anyone had any experience with this? Will a ROP Gold be admitted to ANY *A business class lounge regardless of who they are flying with?
You have to be departing on a *A flight. Done it lots of times. In some lounges the matrons do not know the rules and will attempt to deny entry so I alway carry a copy of that chart and a few other similar documents with me. Once they made a copy of it for their use, and maybe a CYA.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Carrying a copy of the rules is a great idea!

I had no idea you could enter ANY lounge. I guess in most airports the best lounge would be the lounge of the carrier based there. It's quite a good element to the *A program!

Carrying the rules sounds like an excellent idea. I bet the door matrons don't like it when you show them the *A guidelines!
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:36 pm
In memoriam

... I bet the door matrons don't like it when you show them the *A guidelines!
My worst experiences was at SYD at the NZ lounge, they were extremely rude. The SYD SQ lounge let me in the F side after copying the rules. Make sure you have your card with the *A Gold symbol, that is what they look for.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:35 am
Original Poster

The rules from the *A site enough?

Or do you need more specific/different rules?
Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:39 am
In memoriam

Or do you need more specific/different rules?
I also carry the rules from the UA, SQ and TG sites just to be sure.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:17 pm

[QUOTE=B747-438]I had no idea you could enter ANY lounge. I guess in most airports the best lounge would be the lounge of the carrier based there.
Do not agree; IF they have their own lounge, that of KRIS=SQ tends to be the better one of the whole lot! Except at their own homebase, where they have a separate **GOLD lounge for the many transit-pax.
My home base is AMS, without a proper home-bases ** airline. There is a combined INter Schengen/Europe lounge (also for bmi, but it has a separate area) mainly for SK/LH/OS/LX etc. and at another pier for intercontinental.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trajan
On the way to my Gate in Concourse C, I dropped by one of the TG Royal Silk lounges in Concourse C....very nice decor and view of the planes....the food selection is rather limited (after having just gorged in the First Class lounge)....only fruits, and all kinds of carb snacks...(no salmon or shrimp)

the lounge attendant said that the other Silk lounge across the hall will open within days....(it certainly looks finished..)

she also said that the two TG lounges way over in Concourse E will open today in the afternoon!

however, it wil still be a week or so until the TG Royal Orchid Spa will open across from the First Class lounge....

well, it looks like all TG lounges will be open VERY soon (the TG lounges dont feel so crowded like they did a few weeks ago) ^

2 Royal Silks in Concourse E
2 Royal Silks in Concourse C
1 main Royal Silk in Concourse D
1 First lounge in Concourse D
1 Royal Orchid Spa in Concourse D
1 arrival lounge
1 domestic lounge (Concourse A)
Any update on which lounges are currently, as of today, open?

Hours of operation?

Which are open to *G? Flying in Y, C or F?

Last edited by transpac; Nov 27, 2006 at 3:34 am
Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Question about lounge access

Hi all,

I will be flying steerage on CX from SFO to BKK and then I'll have three hours to burn in BKK until my TG flight in bus. class to HKT. In a perfect world, I'll have access to a lounge where I can use a shower after my long flight but from the posts it does not appear that the domestic lounge has showers for use. If I have a TG domestic bus. class ticket, can I use any of the Royal Silk Lounges -- or just the domestic lounge?

TIA,

--Sioux
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by andrewp
This is a standard *A lounge access rule. All you need is a same day F BP and you can use the lounge on departure and arrival (in transit). I do this all the time with the UA F lounge in LAX when I arrive on the NRT-LAX flight.
Hmm, that didn't work for me in HKG. I was inbound in SQ F from SFO, connecting to TG J to BKK. I tried accessing the UA F lounge in HKG for a shower, etc, but they would not let me in using my inbound SQ F boarding pass. They said it was because I was continuing in J on TG.

I think it might be an easier sell to the agents if you have an unused F BP for later in your journey. I got the sense Star Lounge Access policies were always governed by your onward boarding passes, not inbound.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Sosiouxme. If you clear customs on arrival at BKK, then recheck-in for your domestic flight to HKT, you'll be able to use the Domestic Royal Silk Lounge (it's OK).

However, if you plan to remain 'airside' and simply transfer at BKK and clear customs on arrival at HKT, then you'll be stuck for (free) lounge access. If you need a shower, then the Louis Tavern lounge has (I think) an 'pay option for lounge access and shower). There are no showers in Domestic Royal Silk (Biz) lounge.

So it deoends on how long you'll be hanging aroung BKK airport as to which option I'd take.....

The arrivals lounge is not yet open, but you would have needed to arrived in C or F, so it wouldn't help if it were open.

Cheers, TK
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
However, if you plan to remain 'airside' and simply transfer at BKK and clear customs on arrival at HKT, then you'll be stuck for (free) lounge access. If you need a shower, then the Louis Tavern lounge has (I think) an 'pay option for lounge access and shower). There are no showers in Domestic Royal Silk (Biz) lounge.
Wouldn't the business class boarding pass for the domestic flight (that he can pickup at the transit desk across from the TG lounges in the D concourse) get him into the business class lounge in the international side of the terminal?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
What he said....

Originally Posted by andrewp
Wouldn't the business class boarding pass for the domestic flight (that he can pickup at the transit desk across from the TG lounges in the D concourse) get him into the business class lounge in the international side of the terminal?
Yeah...this was what I was thinking of as I understand the domestic Royal Silk Lounge does not have showers but the other two Royal Silk Lounges do have showers. I'll have about three hours to kill and I'd love to get to HKT without the stench of 15+ hour flight.

Thanks,

Sioux
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:26 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
Can anybody tell me more about the Royal Orchid Spa Lounge?

Is this for First and Business class passengers? What services are offered for free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.