Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG lounge at new BKK airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:57 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
The toilets have signs say not to flush toilet paper. You are suposed to put it in the trash can. I hope no one pays attention to the sign. It is only in English.

My overall impression of the airport is that it looks old and dirty already. One would never think it has only been in use for a few weeks.

Incredible. I couldn't agree with your assessment more.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 5:32 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by KIXman
In the old BKK airport, I really liked the 2-floor business lounge, as I could always find a nice comfy seat to settle in. Pretty relaxing atmosphere too. Hope they come up with something comparable in Suvarnabhumi.
KIXman, I don't have much experience with Bangkok, but late one night at the old BKK, I was taking an Asiana flight back to Seoul and found a two-story TG StarGold lounge. I was absolutely amazed by how nice it was. Must be the same one you are referring to.

Interesting that it was pretty busy in the small downstairs section, but empty upstairs (both had bars/food/etc.). I had your sentiments exactly when I read your post! I'll be visiting the new BKK in December, and I hope that there's more than just the one crowded C lounge that everybody is describing!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 9:37 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
IMO the New Airport all the money and design went to the outside and they really skimped big time on the inside. As for the lounge situation well this is an absolute disgrace: 1 lounge for the whole airport. This aiport reminds me of the old terminal of CDG in Paris with a really cold feeling. It has that Cold War Bomb Shelter feeling only it is surrounded by glass.
-UFFA
Old Oct 27, 2006, 4:57 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Corruption

Originally Posted by UnitedFFinAsia
IMO the New Airport all the money and design went to the outside and they really skimped big time on the inside.
With all the corruption stories surrounding the construction of this airport, it wouldn't surprise if a big chunk of the money ended up in somebody's pocket...
Old Oct 28, 2006, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
But WHYYYYY is this so? I know it´s Thailand, but the airport opened 4 weeks ago. Being a UA *G I do not feel too well coming in 10 days .

F.R.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 1:18 am

here is the webpage describing the new TG lounges: click here

there appears to be:

1 Royal First Lounge (Concourse D right after check-in) (174 seats)*
2 Royal Silk Lounges (Concourse C) (137 seats each)
2 Royal Silk Lounges (Concourse E) (with separate areas for First Class)
1 Royal Silk Lounge (Concourse D right after check-in) (291 seats)*
1 Royal Silk Lounge (Concourse A for domestic flights) (138 seats)*
1 Royal Orchid Arrival Lounge
1 Royal Orchid Spa (Concourse D)

*opened now

the remainder should open very soon...I'll be flying out again in 2 weeks so I'll check them out again...

Last edited by Trajan; Oct 29, 2006 at 9:28 am
Old Oct 29, 2006, 1:35 am

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
You need to add an '*' to the domestic lounge on concourse A.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Soju
You need to add an '*' to the domestic lounge on concourse A.
yes you are right...edited now
Old Nov 1, 2006, 9:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Does anyone have any information about the Spa Lounge? From the looks of the website, it is only for F passengers. Is that the shower suite complex? Or is that something different?
Old Nov 4, 2006, 9:59 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
My summary of the new BKK

I have to say I was very disappointed in the new BKK. The outside might look ok but the inside does look like the old parts of CDG. Really it does. It is an architects disgrace aka small budget. The immigration lines are still bad. There seems to be more posts but of course everyone is at them all the time. The post have a stagger formation but the red line runs even so no line is better than the other. They also do not have Fast Track. I came in on EK in F and was at least hoping for that. When you leave to the far left is a premium podium. I am on OZ so I have not idea if I could have used that. It was empty. The shopping spaces are nice. It is the arrival that you know what.

The TG Lounge staff has no personality. I tried to enter near those premium immigration posts downstairs and was refused entry. I had to walk down towards the C gates. I entered then you end up walking back towards the D gates to enter the lounge area. The stupid system it is. I could swear this is all the same Lounge as has been reported herein. The Lounge is long and if you search you can find some private space. Definitely better than the old TG Lounges. Along the wall with the standing lights you will find chairs of two with plugs running along the base. The food and beverage is embarassing and cheap. It is starting to clear but it is also mid-night. BTW that 500 baht departure fee is still being collected so hold onto some baht. You would think they would fix that system. Regards from BKK and looking forward to the land of many Lounges at ICN
Old Nov 4, 2006, 3:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
.... Along the wall with the standing lights you will find chairs of two with plugs running along the base....
And to get power for laptops people unplug the table and floor lamps. There needs to be some power outlet strips. I hope it can be done without looking too ugly.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Nope. There was an unused socket in my zone.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 7:38 am

Programs: half orphan (ie. STC before, but not really happy with M&M)
One Royal Silk lounge at concourse C is open now and there are also two nice showers - there is some hope ...
Old Nov 5, 2006, 8:06 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Any news on the Royal Orchid Arrival Lounge anyone?

Any chance it will be ready by the end of the month?

Thanks in advance for any info on that.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Definitely better than the old TG Lounges.
Were you not satisfied with the old lounge near gate 35?
I was, so I´m looking forward to visiting the one you described in 1 week .

F.R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.