Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG lounge at new BKK airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP, TG*S, ex-UA 1P
Best TG lounge at new BKK airport

Where's the best lounge for international business class pax at the new airport? Do they still offer the excellent massage service? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: FB+ROP+SPG+HH+PC GOLD
I've seen only one massive TG lounge at the new BKK airport.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I flew from BKK Oct 11... at check-in (I was traveling SQ), I was given a photocopied map of the airport showing various lounge locations, with one location (the "main" TG lounge near the D gates) highlighted. When I went to that lounge, it was very crowded, so I decided to try to search to find some of the others. I walked down the C concourse, and the lounges there are still being constructed.

Others with more experience may be able to correct me here, but I think that right now, there is only the one lounge that is operating.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Only 1 TG Lounge. The Louis Tavern CIP Lounge is also open, as others reported UA pax being directed there.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
There are currently 3 TG lounges open

Domestic Royal Silk Lounge
International Royal Silk Lounge on Concourse D
International Royal First Lounge on Concourse D

As an international business class passenger, you only have access to one TG lounge, the International Royal Silk Lounge on concourse D. They were not offering the massage service as of last week, but believe they plan to offer it later once other lounges are completed.

When all are completed, there will be a total of 8 TG lounges at Suvarnabhumi.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 2:51 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
I'm currently sitting in the big Royal Silk Lounge. It's absolutely packed - hardly a spare seat. Free Wifi works very well. Poor selection of drinks and food (very poor actually). Nice view (slightly spoilt by the window being entirely covered by black dots). Actually the TG economy transfer lounge was a nicer experience, just had two hours sleep there sprawled out on the huge sofas (with no armrests) they have there. I'm not sure if too many people know it's there yet.

Other comments:
- the 4th level is still much too hot -aircon doesn't seem to work
- when I bought my upgrade at the transfer desk they took my passport and Visa card away for 30 minutes because they had to send someone to the Thai sales desk which is apparently miles away. I was very nervous about that but they kept telling me to trust them so I did, and it worked out OK.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 4:49 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
actually Wifi seems to work throughout the whole airport
Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:00 pm

Looking forward to checking out the new lounges when they get completed! In the old BKK airport, I really liked the 2-floor business lounge, as I could always find a nice comfy seat to settle in. Pretty relaxing atmosphere too. Hope they come up with something comparable in Suvarnabhumi.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Soju
There are currently 3 TG lounges open

Domestic Royal Silk Lounge
International Royal Silk Lounge on Concourse D
International Royal First Lounge on Concourse D
Where is the Domestic Royal Silk Lounge?

Is there an accurate lounge map available?

edited to add: I did just find this link which seems to accurately describe the current lounge situation at the new BKK, where it says that the Royal Silk Domestic Lounge is in Concourse A, on the 2nd Floor , with a Garden View.

Last edited by transpac; Oct 14, 2006 at 4:47 am
Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:41 pm

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
Originally Posted by transpac
Where is the Domestic Royal Silk Lounge?

Is there an accurate lounge map available?

edited to add: I did just find this link which seems to accurately describe the current lounge situation at the new BKK, where it says that the Royal Silk Domestic Lounge is in Concourse A, on the 2nd Floor , with a Garden View.
Yes, that map is correct. It's on Councourse A, I believe opposite to gate A3. As with john11111111111, I also preferred the TG Domestic Lounge over their International Lounge, as the International Lounge is just too crowded right now and doesn't have any view to speak of. If only they'd replace the domestic seating with similar seating to the international it'd be heaps better IMHO.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 9:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Anyone know what the policy is on bringing guests with you into the lounge? I'm flying TG International business class but two family members of mine are flying in Coach.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The *A policy is that you may bring one guest in the lounge provided they are flying on another *A flight on the same day. If they are children (ie 12 or less, but you might get away with older kids), then kids can enter with you in addition to your one guest.

I do this with Mrs TK and 2 kids (12 and 14) no problems with TG or NZ.

Good luck...
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: DL Platinum, KE Morning Calm
john111111111 , where is the Economy Transit lounge? Although I'm flying C, I may opt for that one on my trip tomorrow.

Edit: nevermind, I found something about it on the Thai website (not where I would have expected to). Be warned you'll get a crick in your neck and eyestrain reading that.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 2:15 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by john11111111111
actually Wifi seems to work throughout the whole airport
Posting from the intl lounge now. The wifi has been up and down like a yoyo for the past hour. I reported it and it is being worked on. SSID truewifi

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 26, 2006 at 3:09 am
Old Oct 26, 2006, 3:04 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I am in the domestic lounge now. The wifi is just as bad here. Both lounges do not have power outlets for your laptops. So people unplg to table and floor lamps to get power. This can be partially solved but putting in multil outlet strips leading from the outlets that the lamps use but this will look ugly. This is a major oversite in the lounge design.

It is not as crowded as the intl one. I hope not as it looks like it will be the only TG domestic lounge.

I do not see a bar here. There were 2 at the intl lounge, one being self service. The temperature here is reasonable also. I was working up a sweat in the intl.

The toilets have signs say not to flush toilet paper. You are suposed to put it in the trash can. I hope no one pays attention to the sign. It is only in English.

My overall impression of the airport is that it looks old and dirty already. One would never think it has only been in use for a few weeks.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 26, 2006 at 3:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.