Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways A350 flying to MEL in July?!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by joy16
Why blame TG when Australian authority asked them to delays it?
Perhaps because TG did not fill in all the necessary paper work on time?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Perhaps because TG did not fill in all the necessary paper work on time?
Its going to come down to TG issues not Australia. QR and SQ managed to launch their A350 flights to Australia with no problems...
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
Its going to come down to TG issues not Australia. QR and SQ managed to launch their A350 flights to Australia with no problems...
That's exactly what I meant...
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
It probably has something to do with the downgrade of Thailand's aviation safety standards and the Australian authorities may have made some extra hurdles for TG to introduce a new type here.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Typical tg. Just pathetic really.
Yep. They should have known about whatever it is that has forced them to push back the start date. Very disappointing.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: ROP
It probably has something to do with the downgrade of Thailand's aviation safety standards and the Australian authorities may have made some extra hurdles for TG to introduce a new type here.
So, the solution is that TG should not launch the new type of their plane to the foreign country until its in their services for quite a time.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: UA peasant, QF tin, VA drycracker
So how do they typically rebook pax and/or redo seat assignments? I'm flying on an award ticket on TG461 in mid-October and seems therefore very unlikely I'll get the new plane. The J cabin is almost full at 6seats x 9rows, so 54 pax. If they use the currently scheduled pre-359 equipment, it'll be a 772ER, which has only 30 J seats.

Last edited by aspro; Sep 11, 2016 at 1:31 am
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by aspro
So how do they typically rebook pax and/or redo seat assignments? I'm flying on an award ticket on TG461 in mid-October and seems therefore very unlikely I'll get the new plane. The J cabin is almost full at 6seats x 9rows, so 54 pax. If they use the currently scheduled pre-359 equipment, it'll be a 772ER, which has only 30 J seats.
Thai's A350 has 32 seats in business class. If your flight is already fully booked it's likely two pax will change plans by departure.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by joy16
So, the solution is that TG should not launch the new type of their plane to the foreign country until its in their services for quite a time.
No. They shouldn't set the launch date until they know that they can meet that date. They should launch it when they have met all the requirements. And they should be aware of those requirements well before they receive the aircraft. Thai invariably 'over promise and under deliver' which isn't good.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: UA peasant, QF tin, VA drycracker
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Thai's A350 has 32 seats in business class. If your flight is already fully booked it's likely two pax will change plans by departure.
Woops, my bad! I looked at the last row (19) in the seatmap I saw in Checkmytrip and extrapolated - for some reason that row shows as 6 seats rather than 4. But looking at other maps I see it must be counting the toilets as seats in row 19 :/ So yes, 32 seats, no crisis
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:21 am

We're travelling next week. Thai website still showing A350 for our booking.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
We're travelling next week. Thai website still showing A350 for our booking.
That's weird. Have a look at bottom of this page: http://www.thaiairways.com/en_AU/new...il/a3502.page?

But then, dummy booking for next week is giving me A350... Well, that's TG... Perhaps they are hoping for last minute approval and will be shifting planes as needed... Feel sorry for everyone...
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by vbroucek

But then, dummy booking for next week is giving me A350... Well, that's TG... Perhaps they are hoping for last minute approval and will be shifting planes as needed... Feel sorry for everyone...
Hopefully this. Maybe the approval will come through quickly.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:54 am

For the curious:
Second A350 (HS-THC) has apparently been ready for a first test flight for some time (scheduled for 7th September), but it has not flown as yet. It has had 1st engines run done, but that's it. Scheduled delivery date still appears as 28 September.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:21 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Thai Airways delays first A350 XWB services to Melbourne

Today's Air Transport World news

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.