Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Royal First Class Lounge and Royal Orchid Spa information and access.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Direct copy of the first post by @pogonation.
Thought with the number of FCL and Spa questions littering this board it might be worth making a sticky with all the available information and also provide a place for members to ask their questions. Please let me know if you think it is a good idea and please let me know if any of the information I have included is wrong or if you feel anything else needs to be added.

Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge

Link to webpage: FCL
Link to pictures courtesy of lounge guide.net: FCL pictures

Royal First Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 - 1,400 sq.m. has been allocated for Royal First Class passengers with the capacity to accommodate 134 passengers at one time.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. – 01:00 am.

Facilities:
• 2 VIP Rooms
• 6 Private Corners
• 22 Seated A-la-Carte Dining Room
• Wi-fi Internet Corner with 4 PCs
• Slumber Rooms
• Shower Suites
• Toilets with Wheelchair Accessible
• TG First Class Check-in Facility
• Smoking lounge

Lounge access rules:

Departures in TG or *A F from BKK = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to international TG C/Y = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to *A C = No FCL access

TG F arrival connecting to domestic TG C = officially no FCL access, however some people have been granted access in this situation.

*A F arrival connecting to TG C or *A C = no FCL access

1 guest is allowed when departing in TG F or *A F

Q: If arriving in TG F and departing in TG C the following day, will I get access to the F lounge?

A: Offically the answer is no as you need a same day ticket, however some people have been granted access in this situation. So very much a YMMV situation.

Q: If arriving in TG F and staying in BKK, is it possible to use the TG F lounge as an arrivals lounge?

A: Unfortunately this is not allowed, although exceptions have been made before. So officially it's not allowed, but there is no harm in asking.

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Spa

Link to webpage: Spa

Royal Orchid Spa at Concourse D, level 3 – 667 sq.m. is primarily designed to serve Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers with full ranges of spa services.

Opening hours: 06:00 am. – 11:30 pm.

General Facilities:
• 32 Seated Lounge Area
• Healthy Snack
• Hot/Cold Herbal Drink

First Class Zone Facilities:
• 3 Touch Of Silk Suites (Body Massage)
• 6 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners
• 2 Steam Rooms
• 2 Sauna Rooms
• 4 Shower Rooms
• Toilets

Silk Class Zone Facility:
• 8 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners

Treatment Menu:

Touch Of Silk Massage (Full body oil massage - 60 minutes for First Class only) – Ler's start your journey with a relaxing Touch of Silk full body oil massage. Delivered with the unique 'Thai touch', this massage will help to prepare your body for your onward flight by increasing blood circulation as well as relieving muscular tension and helping to provide the necessary hydration for your skin. On leaving the massage you will be left with an overall sense of well-being and total relaxation.

Neck & Shoulder Massage (30 minutes) – This is a great massage for passengers who are stressed, work at the computer too much or don't relax well. Neck and shoulder problems from routine activities are among the most common area for massage therapists to address. Using specific techniques the therapist will work to loosen tight muscles around the neck and shoulders whilst simultaneously assessing how much tension is held in the body and how best to release it. You will board your flight feeling more relaxed and a little lighter on the shoulders.

Relaxing Hand Massage (30 minutes) – Are your hands tired from all that clicking, driving, messaging and typing? If so, how about offering them a break and giving them a massage they truly deserve? By massaging the major channels/meridians of the arms and reflex points in the hands, this deep hand massage is designed to thoroughly release tension that accumulates in the hands and arms from our daily tasks. finishing with warm towels for both arms encourage muscle relaxation; this treatment can help to deliver a total sense of relaxation.

Relaxing Foot Massage (30 minutes) – Let's help prepare your feet for your onward journey, by taking the weight of them and giving them a relaxing massage that they truly deserve. Foot massage is a well-known relaxation therapy to help take care of tired feet. With the gentle touch of the therapists' hands, a sense of overall relaxation is induced. Deeper pressure by the fingers will help to stimulate your vital organs.

Spa access rules:

TG F departure = F spa access

*A F departures = No spa access

TG C departures = C spa access

*A C departures = No spa access

TG F arrival connecting to TG C = C spa access, however some people have been offered F spa access in this scenario

No guest are allowed regardless of class of travel

Q: Is it possible to book the spa treatment in advance?

A: No. You can book at First class check-in, at the FCL or the Spa itself - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I have had some PMs from newer members who are confused by some of the abbreviations on this post. If you need help understanding them, FT has a great tool for looking up their meanings in the FT glossary.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
if you do not leave transit area and have luggage checked through, yes you can use F lounge and Spa already in the evening after your arrival
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by BinSabai
if you do not leave transit area and have luggage checked through, yes you can use F lounge and Spa already in the evening after your arrival
I should be able to leave the transit area and come back if I have my F boarding pass for the next day right? I have enough time probably to go downtown for a few hours; was then hoping to return to the airport and use the F lounge/spa until it closes and then move to the transit hotel (and return to the F lounge/spa the next morning before my flight).
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
I should be able to leave the transit area and come back if I have my F boarding pass for the next day right? I have enough time probably to go downtown for a few hours; was then hoping to return to the airport and use the F lounge/spa until it closes and then move to the transit hotel (and return to the F lounge/spa the next morning before my flight).
Should not be a problem. If I were you though, I would just stay at a downtown hotel or else book into the Novotel when you get back to the airport.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:20 pm

How does the food in the F lounge compare to say, the TK Flagship Lounge at Istanbul? Of the buffet and a la carte menu items, which is better?

What time does food service stop, with regard to late night flights?

Last edited by drzoidberg; Apr 2, 2014 at 8:27 pm
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
How does the food in the F lounge compare to say, the TK Flagship Lounge at Istanbul? Of the buffet and a la carte menu items, which is better?

I'm not aware of any time frame for food service to stop... I guess last orders would be 30-40 mins prior to the departure of your flight? Almost all flights departing BKK will receive a full meal service after departure (that includes the 8 courses or whatever if flying to Europe).

The food? It's 'ok/good', depending on what you order. Nothing to rave about and certainly not up to the standards of say the LH F lounges. Or QF and CX ones.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Almost all flights departing BKK will receive a full meal service after departure (that includes the 8 courses or whatever if flying to Europe).
On Red eyes to Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai etc. leaving at around midnight only snacks are served after departure and then a breakfast before landing.

F meals do not have 8 courses; it is Caviar, starter, main, cheese and dessert = 5
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On Red eyes to Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai etc. leaving at around midnight only snacks are served after departure and then a breakfast before landing.

F meals do not have 8 courses; it is Caviar, starter, main, cheese and dessert = 5
that's true, but i was focusing on F class.

I think TG will beg to differ on the number of courses (if purely from a marketing angle)

they'd say 7 courses... canapes, caviar, hors d'oeuvres, salad, main, cheese and fruits, dessert
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

The Thai first class lounge food is far more to my liking. I order a la carte usually and get a Thai iced tea or two while at it along with a mussaman or panang curry dish with some rice.

The TK IST lounge food catering is no substitute to what I get at the TG F lounge in BKK.

I prefer to eat in the lounge and reduce my in-flight food consumption.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:25 am

What?! You mean my flight that goes from BKK to CDG and leaves around 11:30pm won't have a full meal service?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What?! You mean my flight that goes from BKK to CDG and leaves around 11:30pm won't have a full meal service?
yes it will

the intra-Asia red-eyes (which I think are mostly business class) start with a snack and have a full breakfast.

The europe flights (even those leaving at midnight) have full service (all 5 or 7 or 8 courses depending how you want to count them )
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:21 am

yes it will

the intra-Asia red-eyes (which I think are mostly business class) start with a snack and have a full breakfast.

The europe flights (even those leaving at midnight) have full service (all 5 or 7 or 8 courses depending how you want to count them )
oh whew! you had me worried there about my trip in F.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
So I've waded through almost the whole thread on this subject and it appears that my early optimism may have been misplaced. Please confirm my understanding and perhaps provide a little more insight.

Arriving F in BKK from HKG. Have a 3+ hour layover before BKK-HKT in C, all on the same ticket. It seems that one has to surreptitiously try to gain access to the FCL given the domestic connection but this may not be successful, having to run the security gauntlet without an International BP? What kind of story does one have to tell to get through here?

We will be met at the gate for a buggy ride but it will take us through customs/immigration and then to the domestic lounge? (Unless applying the aforementioned surreptitious drop-off at the international transfer escalator?) Is there even a point of asking the buggy driver about radioing ahead to check on chances of getting into the FCL should there be availability etc. or is this strictly a clandestine process? Is the FCL likely to be very busy mid-afternoon (3 PM - 6 PM)?

Latter posts in this thread suggest that perhaps there is a dragon crackdown on domestic passengers accessing the international transit?

If we are to access the FCL, we will still need to clear immigration? I assume we can fast track based on our F arrival BPs? Presumably, luggage is checked straight through to HKT or is there a need to lay hands on it somewhere in BKK?

Domestic departure is concourse A? Can one access a different Business lounge or would there be any reason to because they're all virtually the same?

It appears that domestic C passengers don't get spa services as, presumably, the only spa is on the D concourse requiring the aforementioned access granted to international departing passengers?

Have read that the SQ Business lounge is better than TG. Can we access that instead? No status with anybody. Just the F arrival & C domestic departure.

Thanks to pogonation, LHR/MEL/Europe FF, and dsquared37, among others, for all the info in this thread.

Last edited by Shenanigans; Apr 10, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
So I've waded through almost the whole thread on this subject and it appears that my early optimism may have been misplaced. Please confirm my understanding and perhaps provide a little more insight.

Arriving F in BKK from HKG. Have a 3+ hour layover before BKK-HKT in C, all on the same ticket. It seems that one has to surreptitiously try to gain access to the FCL given the domestic connection but this may not be successful, having to run the security gauntlet without an International BP? What kind of story does one have to tell to get through here?

We will be met at the gate for a buggy ride but it will take us through customs/immigration and then to the domestic lounge? (Unless applying the aforementioned surreptitious drop-off at the international transfer escalator?) Is there even a point of asking the buggy driver about radioing ahead to check on chances of getting into the FCL should there be availability etc. or is this strictly a clandestine process? Is the FCL likely to be very busy mid-afternoon (3 PM - 6 PM)?

Latter posts in this thread suggest that perhaps there is a dragon crackdown on domestic passengers accessing the international transit?

If we are to access the FCL, we will still need to clear immigration? I assume we can fast track based on our F arrival BPs? Presumably, luggage is checked straight through to HKT or is there a need to lay hands on it somewhere in BKK?

Domestic departure is concourse A? Can one access a different Business lounge or would there be any reason to because they're all virtually the same?

It appears that domestic C passengers don't get spa services as, presumably, the only spa is on the D concourse requiring the aforementioned access granted to international departing passengers?

Have read that the SQ Business lounge is better than TG. Can we access that instead? No status with anybody. Just the F arrival & C domestic departure.

Thanks to pogonation and dsquared37, among others, for all the info in this thread.
yes to all of that

radioing ahead might elicit a 'no you can't do that'... so instead I would probably ask to be dropped off at the transit escalator (say you are meeting friends there or something). You would not clear immigration before going to the lounge as you would be 'in transit' int-int. Only clear immigration after you leave before going to your domestic flight.

Lounge is unlikely to be busy at that time.

No access to the SQ lounge I wouldn't have thought as no valid international boarding pass.

There is only one star gold and business lounge for domestic pax in concourse A.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
yes to all of that

radioing ahead might elicit a 'no you can't do that'... so instead I would probably ask to be dropped off at the transit escalator (say you are meeting friends there or something). You would not clear immigration before going to the lounge as you would be 'in transit' int-int. Only clear immigration after you leave before going to your domestic flight.

Lounge is unlikely to be busy at that time.

No access to the SQ lounge I wouldn't have thought as no valid international boarding pass.

There is only one star gold and business lounge for domestic pax in concourse A.
Thanks for the quick reply, LHR/MEL/Europe FF. Clandestine it is.

Does one need a story to get past security at Int'l transfer or am I over-thinking this? We will have our BPs for the connecting flight but suspect they should remain in the carry-on...

Any need to retrieve or touch luggage at all, assuming it is checked through to HKT?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Does one need a story to get past security at Int'l transfer or am I over-thinking this? We will have our BPs for the connecting flight but suspect they should remain in the carry-on...
Let's see, a story, hmmmmm.... how about, 'transfer desk'. Then keep walking and go up the escalator. Don't look back and don't think any more about it.

The other we went through the process (on a legit int-int connection) and my wife felt the need to stop, show her BP and then proceed. I simply kept walking with those famous two words.

Any need to retrieve or touch luggage at all, assuming it is checked through to HKT?
You need to do nothing with your bags.

One final note. If you try to get into the F lounge then you'll need to get back to the base of the escalator on the second floor in order to get through immigration/transit security and gain entry to the domestic area. This is accomplished by making a left out of the F lounge and then a right just the info desk near security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.