Wiki Posts
Search

THAI 77W when and where?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2010, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
Can any of the TG 777s fly to Europe (CDG) and therefore be a last-minute sub to the leased 777?
Interesting question. I think if they could we would have all ready seen them used on last minute equip swaps. What is the range on one of their 772 ER's
Old May 8, 2010, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by lallyr
Interesting question. I think if they could we would have all ready seen them used on last minute equip swaps. What is the range on one of their 772 ER's
As other posted suggested, a last-minute equipment change is MUCH easier between 777s (or between 747s), than between a 777 and a 747 for cockpit crew reasons.
Old May 8, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
They could do it, but the senior captains wouldn't.
Old May 8, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
the 777-200ER's would have no problem reaching anywhere in Europe from BKK. They are not equipped with First Class though, so less chance of sub's.
Old May 8, 2010, 6:01 pm

Can any of the TG 777s fly to Europe (CDG) and therefore be a last-minute sub to the leased 777?
The 777-200ER easily can (e.g MH uses its identically engined ones on a number of its European routes), the 777-300 cannot, and the 777-200 is moot since TG has plenty of 777-200ER's that would get the assignment ahead of it.

A definite possibility if no F bookings, since capacities are comparable (8F/34C/268Y vs. 30C/262Y).
Old May 9, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: TG, QF, SQ, EK.
I am flying on TG931 in "F" on 2nd June CDG-BKK and it is showing as a 777-300 on my booking. ExpertFlyer is showing 8 F seats in 1-2-1 x 2 pattern. I guess this must be a 777-300ER leased from JetAirways?
Old May 9, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Changing from a 77W to 772ER would result in a lot of compensation on the CDG-BKK route:
F fare from CDG-BKK one-way is 8203EUR
EC261/2004 states that 75% of the fare must be paid in compensation to the pax who has been downgraded to a lower class of service.

i.e if they swapped to a 772ER then all F class pax (including award ticket holders) must be paid 6152.25EUR in compensation.

I have an F award ticket CDG-BKK this August. To be honest I would be quite happy with a last minute equipment swap to 772ER

Originally Posted by crdaus
I am flying on TG931 in "F" on 2nd June CDG-BKK and it is showing as a 777-300 on my booking. ExpertFlyer is showing 8 F seats in 1-2-1 x 2 pattern. I guess this must be a 777-300ER leased from JetAirways?
That's right! You will be flying in the jet airways suites
Old May 9, 2010, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by pogonation
Changing from a 77W to 772ER would result in a lot of compensation on the CDG-BKK route:
F fare from CDG-BKK one-way is 8203EUR
EC261/2004 states that 75% of the fare must be paid in compensation to the pax who has been downgraded to a lower class of service.

i.e if they swapped to a 772ER then all F class pax (including award ticket holders) must be paid 6152.25EUR in compensation.

I have an F award ticket CDG-BKK this August. To be honest I would be quite happy with a last minute equipment swap to 772ER :
Unfortunately, I am afraid that your calculations are not correct.

First, EC261/2004 would only apply for flights departing ex-CDG, not to BKK-CDG as TG is not a EU carrier.

Second, EC261/2004 never says that the airline should reimburse 75% of the full fare, but article 10 states "75 % of the price of the ticket ". So, if you paid EUR5,000 for a return CDG-BKK-CDG you should at best expect 75% of 2,500 for a downgrade on the CDG-BKK leg. And if TG does not agree, then you have to take them to court in France (who will probably refer the case to the EU court for interpretation, so wait for a few years). Ex-BKK, TG will apply its usual policy, whatever it is (probably no more than an upgrade voucher plus some minimal cash).

As most F pax are awards and upgraded pax (Thai VVVIPs), it will not be very costly to TG.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:29 am

Unfortunately, I am afraid that your calculations are not correct.

First, EC261/2004 would only apply for flights departing ex-CDG, not to BKK-CDG as TG is not a EU carrier.

Second, EC261/2004 never says that the airline should reimburse 75% of the full fare, but article 10 states "75 % of the price of the ticket ". So, if you paid EUR5,000 for a return CDG-BKK-CDG you should at best expect 75% of 2,500 for a downgrade on the CDG-BKK leg. And if TG does not agree, then you have to take them to court in France (who will probably refer the case to the EU court for interpretation, so wait for a few years). Ex-BKK, TG will apply its usual policy, whatever it is (probably no more than an upgrade voucher plus some minimal cash).

As most F pax are awards and upgraded pax (Thai VVVIPs), it will not be very costly to TG.
I meant ex-CDG hence why I only said CDG-BKK.
Well what would happen to award passengers? TG are required to compensate them 75% of the price of the ticket. Does this mean that TG would have to pay for miles to be credited to my US airways account? I am confused as to what would happen to award passengers, considering it plainly states that they are covered by the regulation?
Old May 13, 2010, 4:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
crdaus,

sorry to bring bad news, check your booking because my parents are flying BKK-CDG on June 2nd, and until today it was showing a 777 and it is now back to a 747... since you'll be on the same a/c...

and I just spent 20 minutes telling them yesterday about the nice suites they would get lol... guess with TG the lesson is don't skin the bear until you have killed it...
Old May 13, 2010, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by synd
crdaus,

sorry to bring bad news, check your booking because my parents are flying BKK-CDG on June 2nd, and until today it was showing a 777 and it is now back to a 747... since you'll be on the same a/c...

and I just spent 20 minutes telling them yesterday about the nice suites they would get lol... guess with TG the lesson is don't skin the bear until you have killed it...
Looks like there is a delay and the 77W doesn't enter service until 8th June now. Atleast your parents should get the 744. It's still a nice product.
Old May 13, 2010, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Looks like there is a delay and the 77W doesn't enter service until 8th June now. Atleast your parents should get the 744. It's still a nice product.
I'm booked on TG 930 on June 9th...
Not crossing my fingers too much , knowing TG all too well.
Well, it's a free AMEX ticket anyway so I cannot complain too much
Old May 18, 2010, 7:23 am

Photo's of VT-JEA and VT-JEJ, two of the leased 77W's in TG livery at BKK.

Posted by Oakie on hflight.net
photos

Looks very nice indeed. Wonder why they are delaying first flights until 8JUN when they already have the birds at BKK?
Old May 18, 2010, 8:19 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
Looks very nice indeed. Wonder why they are delaying first flights until 8JUN when they already have the birds at BKK?
Crew training perhaps? The galley equipment on these birds are light years ahead of TG aging fleet's.
Old May 23, 2010, 12:57 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by spk
Crew training perhaps? The galley equipment on these birds are light years ahead of TG aging fleet's.
Looks like the introduction of the 77W on the CDG route is delayed once again , now toJune 15th, i.e 2 weeks later than originally scheduled...
How much more incompetent can you be ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.