Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THAI 77W when and where?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by lallyr
My source in 9W says that they will definitely be keeping F on their international routes ex DEL & BOM. They have two daily flights ex BOM and one ex DEL so that is 3 aircraft that 9W will be keeping.
Jet and other airlines can say what they want but good old maths says someone is telling porkys.

Out of 10 aircraft, if you take the 4 Jet 77W's that TK currently have, the 3 that will also shortly be heading to TK (per the recently inked lease agreement), and the 3 that TG are now taking, that means none left in the Jet fleet and definitely none for Royal Brunei.

Like I said.....

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Mar 15, 2010 at 12:25 pm Reason: gramma!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pomme_911
The first is expected to be with Thai Airways in Early April.

While the routes that are expected for these 77Ws will be:

Bangkok - Paris

Bangkok -Tokyo
Where did this info come from?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Originally Posted by pomme_911
I am not so sure if TK will hand back their 77W soon but JET Airways has 10 77Ws which 4 of them are with TK. My guess is that JET Airways has 6 77Ws left in their fleets where 3 will be leased to Royal Brunei and the other 3 will go to Thai Airways.

This will leave JET Airways to operate just A330-200s on long distance-routes. However, Jet Airways still have 2 77W orders on hold.

--------------------------------------------
Without getting too far off topic, I haven't been able to find an answer about what happened at Jet Airways? Why are they unloading all of these new 77W's? I could understand if they had a few extras, but this sounds like they are unloading the entire sub-fleet.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by pogonation
Hi, the WSJ had an article about it, going on to say that TG were paying $1.1m per month for the lease, nothing about where they would be flying, but Paris is a very busy run as is Tokyo. I live in hope that Australia, being one of TG's major earners will get another First route. No secret with Jet Airways, Sam Drucker, they just stretched themselves a little too far, I get the feeling they are regrouping. I understand that TG will be getting the planes that Brunei had initially tagged.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:01 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
CDG and NRT rotation makes sense. Usually they do rotation like this BKK-CDG-BKK-NRT-BKK using 3 aircrafts.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
Without getting too far off topic, I haven't been able to find an answer about what happened at Jet Airways? Why are they unloading all of these new 77W's? I could understand if they had a few extras, but this sounds like they are unloading the entire sub-fleet.
I feel they will keep around 40% of the 77W's. They need these to operate First on the LHR routes ex DEL & BOM. Others were purchased before the current worldwide slowdown. They were going to launch some new routes.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: THAI SILVER
Originally Posted by pogonation
From Thai Forum (hflight.net). However, these routes are just expected for the leasing 77Ws so it is not certain.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Any news on this? I am on TG930 (business award) on 7 May - would not mind to try 77W.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Any news on this? I am on TG930 (business award) on 7 May - would not mind to try 77W.
To parrot Supertramp : ' Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer...".
If you are lucky you will be in a 744 with the "new " seats, if you are not, you will be in a 747 with the crappy old seats.
No friggin way you're going to get your ... in a Jet Airways 777W.
Sorry if I disappoint you, but welcome to Lalaland anyway.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:31 pm

It will be happening, vbroucek, the payment has been made, I understand they are being prepared now and will be in service for your flight, assuming that route gets it. TG have always put new aircraft onto their best revenue destinations, and slotted the older models then onto less profitable routes or regional.

Paris, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong is the betting
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by pansted00
To parrot Supertramp : ' Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer...".
If you are lucky you will be in a 744 with the "new " seats, if you are not, you will be in a 747 with the crappy old seats.
No friggin way you're going to get your ... in a Jet Airways 777W.
Sorry if I disappoint you, but welcome to Lalaland anyway.
I am puzzled how I deserved your vitriolic response. Your post number 9 in this threat suggest that you would not mind to get your ... in Jet Airways 77W. Or was it just rhetoric question about second flight to CDG?

Originally Posted by BKKROP
It will be happening, vbroucek, the payment has been made, I understand they are being prepared now and will be in service for your flight, assuming that route gets it. TG have always put new aircraft onto their best revenue destinations, and slotted the older models then onto less profitable routes or regional.

Paris, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong is the betting
Thanks BKKROP as usual nice and good answer
Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
777-300ER service to start in June

The story is in today's Post:

Bangkok Post, March 22, 2010:
THAI to lease three aircraft
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
The story is in today's Post:

Bangkok Post, March 22, 2010:
THAI to lease three aircraft
If that article and particularly stated date is correct then I am stuck with 744. On a way home I am going LH to SIN and then on SQ's A380 SIN-MEL.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:50 pm

I am stuck with 744. On a way home I am going LH to SIN and then on SQ's A380 SIN-MEL.
Me too, I delayed once, can't afford to string it out too long, so the 77W will have to wait. You will love the A380 into MEL, it is a classy way to come home, Singapore do it all very well.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:00 pm

From the Bangkok Post article:
As THAI is looking to standardise its offerings for marketing purposes, these planes are making THAI hesitate.
Pure comedy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.