Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THAI 77W when and where?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:37 am

btw, since 77W is replacing one of the 744 to NRT, the 744 will be moved to Osaka from 01JUN10.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by jiml1126
btw, since 77W is replacing one of the 744 to NRT, the 744 will be moved to Osaka from 01JUN10.
What happens to the 744 that gets replaced by the 77W on the BKK-CDG route?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I just booked a flight in F on TG642 (BKK-NRT redeye) on 6 June, and the plane is listed as 777. I didn't find any seating information at all on SeatGuru and SeatExpert, so I came to search here. Now I know why! I guess the configuration is too new.

The only thing that concerns me is that there is no discussion about TG642 having the new planes, only TG676! Is that a cause for concern?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold
Originally Posted by mikew99
I just booked a flight in F on TG642 (BKK-NRT redeye) on 6 June, and the plane is listed as 777. I didn't find any seating information at all on SeatGuru and SeatExpert, so I came to search here. Now I know why! I guess the configuration is too new.

The only thing that concerns me is that there is no discussion about TG642 having the new planes, only TG676! Is that a cause for concern?
If it is scheduled in F, then it should be one of the "new" 777's. The "old" ones do not have F
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:46 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Or simply check-out the seatmaps on SeatGuru for Jet Airwats 777-300 - that's where they're coming from...

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jet..._777-300ER.php
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by planr
If it is scheduled in F, then it should be one of the "new" 777's. The "old" ones do not have F
Originally Posted by Braniff
Or simply check-out the seatmaps on SeatGuru for Jet Airwats 777-300 - that's where they're coming from...

Awesome, many thanks! ^ TG's new plane looks very sweet...I am now even more excited about my trip.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Braniff

This does not reflect the TG cabin - a herringbone lay out in C is not TG...

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
This does not reflect the TG cabin - a herringbone lay out in C is not TG...

Cheers,

For these leased planes, I believe it is a herringbone layout (at least that's what I was told by TG in BKK). I don't believe they have seating altered on planes they lease from other companies.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by tlongdon
For these leased planes, I believe it is a herringbone layout (at least that's what I was told by TG in BKK). I don't believe they have seating altered on planes they lease from other companies.
Oh really? Very interesting...

Cheers,

Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Oh really? Very interesting...

Cheers,

These are getting leased from 9W so the interiors will stay the same. 8 suites and full lye flat herringbone design business.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:55 am

Correct, the planes leased from Jet Airways are 1-2-1 herringbone design lie flat seats. The nice thing about these seats is that they are much wider than other herringbone design seats - wider than CX and AC for example. TK's 77W are all leased from Jet Airways as well, so do a search for TK 77W trip reports to find pictures. Of course, TG service will probably be a tad nicer than TK's!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by tlongdon
Correct, they are leaving the cabin layout as it is.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Correct, the planes leased from Jet Airways are 1-2-1 herringbone design lie flat seats. The nice thing about these seats is that they are much wider than other herringbone design seats - wider than CX and AC for example. TK's 77W are all leased from Jet Airways as well, so do a search for TK 77W trip reports to find pictures. Of course, TG service will probably be a tad nicer than TK's!
For the meantime, THAI's 77W is leased from Jet Airways. But IF the deal to lease more 77W from Air India goes ahead, it'll be a different story.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jiml1126
For the meantime, THAI's 77W is leased from Jet Airways. But IF the deal to lease more 77W from Air India goes ahead, it'll be a different story.
Then they will have two different config for the 77W flying around. Talk about a lottery huh!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikew99

I checked with TG website for TG642 on 6 June, while it shows the flight is operated by 777-300 but there is no F left to purchase. For award ticket, ANA shows x for F which means full. This is kinda weird as I don't think they sold out of F for this flight and their 3 77Ws won't be able to do CDG and 2 NRTs in the same time. Any idea?

To add more strange, I did search ANA tool for a whole month of June and didn't see any date that has an F award available on TG642.

Last edited by Bunsai; Apr 15, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.