Search

The "The 13 Oct 21 FT 'Like' Feature - [now restored to prior version]" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IMH
When trying to "like" posts these past few days I've been scoring around 60% ARG:4, 20% ARG:6 and 20% IMH.
I’m not sure what my rate is for this, but I’ve had a recent surge of this popping up when I use the feature. Sometimes I meddle around by liking and unliking and liking again just to see if the displayed outcome changes — and sometimes it does change.

To be the first to Like a post seems to work fine more than when I’m the second third or later to like the post.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I’m not sure what my rate is for this, but I’ve had a recent surge of this popping up when I use the feature. Sometimes I meddle around by liking and unliking and liking again just to see if the displayed outcome changes — and sometimes it does change.

To be the first to Like a post seems to work fine more than when I’m the second third or later to like the post.
I'm seeing a similar behaviour as well.
dgreen12 and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:15 pm

I am now more often than not ARG:6 or ARG:4 when liking posts. It's rare when it actually works for me - maybe 10% of the time?
pudgym29, IMH, Silver Fox and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:41 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Just for fun, I thought I'd try liking Buster's post:

Does everyone see that, or do people who aren't me see my username?
rmadisonwi and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:50 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
IMH, rmadisonwi and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I see the same thing as you, and have the same result for pretty much every other example of the ARG. It appears that ARG:n only appears for the user who liked the post.

-J.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I never had this problem when it was reported in this thread in 2021: Use of Like feature resulting in “[ARG:4 UNDEFINED]”

Now I'm having this problem constantly. I'm more than 50% ARG:6 and the rest ARG:4. I'd say less than 5% of my "likes" are showing my name when I add them.

What broke recently?

-RM
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
[arg:4 undefined]

Whenever I like a post instead of seeing myself as a "liker" I see my name as [ARG:4 UNDEFINED].

This has been happening for a while now

Windows11 and Mac OS (latest) on Chrome and Safari
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:38 am
Community Director Emerita

Same. It stopped for awhile but now it's back. It shows my handle if I am the first like. Then when someone else likes the same post, I've seen my like turn as stated above. And if I am the second like, it shows [arg:4 undefined]. I use Firefox.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Arg!!!

I've started to see an uptick in that again.

-J.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Arg!!!

I've started to see an uptick in that again.

-J.
Same.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Same. It stopped for awhile but now it's back. It shows my handle if I am the first like. Then when someone else likes the same post, I've seen my like turn as stated above. And if I am the second like, it shows [arg:4 undefined]. I use Firefox.
I think I read somewhere that others viewing the post will see your correct handle. Only the liker sees the arg: nonsense. Which explains why i see no other arg: handles, other than my own, why I thought i was unique in this affliction
chrisny2, DaveS and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think I read somewhere that others viewing the post will see your correct handle. Only the liker sees the arg: nonsense. Which explains why i see no other arg: handles, other than my own, why I thought i was unique in this affliction
And this is also a clue as to exactly what is broken on the back end since the function/line of php code that pulls from the database and displays the line of likes is probably the same if you are the poster or not. And if it isn't the same, well, that's the problem.
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Where I would previously anticipate the possibility of my “like”-ing of a post to result in Arg4/Arg6 showing up, I now no longer can “Like” the posts and what kicks back is “an error occurred”.
lsquare and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Where I would previously anticipate the possibility of my “like”-ing of a post to result in Arg4/Arg6 showing up, I now no longer can “Like” the posts and what kicks back is “an error occurred”.
I think this is a separate issue related to the php8 update that has broken a lot of stuff on the site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.