Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:18 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by intuition
We've spend enormous amounts of time to construct the dashboard at
The Finnair Forum Dashboard

The key to make a dashboard is to find a way to make vBB render the graphic in an orderly fashion wile at the same time being clickable links. Now it seems this has broken. Hovering the icons does indeed display the target link, but clicking on the icons only shows the icon image in a "pop-up".

Can this behaviour either be fixed or can someone at IB instruct on how to construct clickable images?
Let me have a look at that. I don't think anyone outside that forum was aware something like that was made.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Let me have a look at that. I don't think anyone outside that forum was aware something like that was made.
Its almost like outside input should have been sought before major site-modifying changes were instantly forced upon everyone with very very little advanced notice.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:21 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
The difference in font sizes through out is annoying. For instance, on this thread the Multi-Quote font is bigger than the Quote font. Further buttons are a different size. Also why is the "Like" not a button. Should be consistent.

Also when resizing a forum the column size is dictated by ??? so the columns from one row to another do align as they are all independent.
Are you on a mobile device? Also, clearing cookies/cache should fix those button sizes:
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:23 pm

The wikiposts are not working for anyone, it seems. But could you link me to a video?
As I mentioned above, I'm now seeing wikis again.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:27 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Are links not underlined to comply with ADA?
We are working to restore underlining on them.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
The BA Forum also has a similar dashboard that is also not working.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:29 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
You could talk to moderator @Prospero who have made several Dashboards around FT.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
This is using the Desktop Skin or mobile skin?
Desktop. It's laughably huge on my iPhone, not to mention the page width is very narrow.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:33 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Although I may be in the minority, I like the larger, clearer format. It’s easier on the eyes.

The new format has not corrected the ongoing problem I have with writing replies. When I am entering a reply on my iPad the text box slides up under the formatting band so that I cannot see what I am writing or can see only the bottom edge of the line I’m typing. I can pull the text down to read it, but as soon as I begin typing it slides back up. This is extremely annoying. I think I’ve seen a couple of other complaints about this, so I don’t think it is an anomaly peculiar to my device.
Does this happen only on the Desktop Skin or Mobile Skin, as well?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:57 pm

I know it'd be a major undertaking, but has thought been given to transitioning to a more modern platform, like Discourse? Some of the complaints about the new style are artifacts of the clunky bulletin-style forum framework, and new visual elements will at best mask it.
ProleOnParole likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:01 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by beltway
I was just about to point this out. Here's how it looks to me in Chrome with multi-quote deselected and selected:
The same thing viewed in IE:
Try holding shift while refreshing the page
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
flyertalk is always playing sound

IE Edge shows a graphic for a speaker on the tab name for the site when it’s up. This means the site is playing media. Why is that happening? The odd thing is although it says the flyer talk site is playing sound I cannot hear it and it doesn't stop by music.

I hope this is not some sort of audio fingerprinting system to invade my privacy...
https://techcrunch.com/2016/05/19/au...s-study-finds/

Additionally the new site trys to load non-authenticated scripts according to chrome.

Last edited by iolairemcfadden; Mar 27, 2018 at 1:04 pm Reason: media not sound
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:17 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gig103
I'm now reporting a bug with the "Hyperlink" button. I'm on Windows 7, Mozilla Firefox 52.6.

When I highlight text and hit the hyperlink button, it used to assign the hyperlink to that text. Today it is not working at all. I can't even add a full link from scratch. And the e-mail field is appearing when URL is selected and that may be confusing to users.
I have experienced this as well and reported it.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:19 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jagboi
On my screen anyway, quoted text and a response in a post is the same colour, making it very hard to distinguish between them.

Why the changes so often? I follow other forums hosted by IB and they have not changed fonts/formats in years and work well. Why is FT changing all the time when other IB forums don't???
Can you post an example of this? I haven't seen this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:22 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by intuition
We've spend enormous amounts of time to construct the dashboard at
The Finnair Forum Dashboard

The key to make a dashboard is to find a way to make vBB render the graphic in an orderly fashion wile at the same time being clickable links. Now it seems this has broken. Hovering the icons does indeed display the target link, but clicking on the icons only shows the icon image in a "pop-up".

Can this behaviour either be fixed or can someone at IB instruct on how to construct clickable images?
I got a better handle on this and asked tech to fix. Thank you for reporting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.