Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k
I can't seem to find any pictures/videos or info on this.
I'm looking at NRT-ZRH on Swiss A343 Business Class. How are these seats? Are there pictures? It's a 12.5 hour flight and I need something comfortable since I can barely deal with 3 hour flights. lol
Please see the first posts of this thread for more info.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Flying to DEL in C next month with LX. Got seat 6K. As it's a bulkhead, where is the screen ? Coming out of the seat or in front, on the wall ? Many thanks in advance !
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:28 pm

Is it true that they finally decided to also install the new F on the A343? If yes, any info on the planned timeline?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by julmops
Flying to DEL in C next month with LX. Got seat 6K. As it's a bulkhead, where is the screen ? Coming out of the seat or in front, on the wall ? Many thanks in advance !
See here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26284978@N02/6902343417/
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue

Thanks ever so much!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 3:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
I was going to post the photo but you've already (partially) done it for me.

Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MichielR
Yes. Just a bit more room for your feet than 5AB, which would be the next best set for a couple.
Seatexpert states that middle seats are better than the side ones due to easy aisle access for both passengers, while 14 A/B have "unrestricted recline" (whatever they means since all biz seats are flat, right?).

I am trying to find out if middle seats are better for couples and if so any particular are better than the others?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by stiwi
Seatexpert states that middle seats are better than the side ones due to easy aisle access for both passengers, while 14 A/B have "unrestricted recline" (whatever they means since all biz seats are flat, right?).

I am trying to find out if middle seats are better for couples and if so any particular are better than the others?
The odd A seats are the only ones without direct aisle access. (14 also as there is no row 13). For a couple it really is a choice of window or aisle access for both. 14 AB has no advantage over the other seats, this another example of SeatExpert or SeatGuru not really knowing what they write.

For a couple Id pick 4DG, 5DG or 5AB, in the minicabin. I like the minicabin, but others do not really like it. YMMV.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

The window pairs only have one side table between them. The middle pairs have two side tables. 4D/G and 6D/G are the best middle seats with more space for legs/feet.

Originally Posted by MichielR
I like the minicabin, but others do not really like it. YMMV.
I'm one of those who don't particularly like the minicabin. I have travelled in the minicabin a few times before the C seats were converted but later avoided LX C until all A343s were converted. During the period I discovered LH F and LX F. @:-) When I first entered the minicabin of the A343 with new C seats, I couldn't believe how small it was and found it claustrophobic. I much prefer odd numbered K seats near the front of the main cabin.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The window pairs only have one side table between them. The middle pairs have two side tables. 4D/G and 6D/G are the best middle seats with more space for legs/feet.
[...]
4D/G are "thrones" seats which I understand are not available for non SEN/HON status holders perhaps until OLCI? Aren't these seats including 6D/B bassinets seats as well?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:20 am

4D/G are "thrones" seats which I understand are not available for non SEN/HON status holders perhaps until OLCI? Aren't these seats including 6D/B bassinets seats as well?
Thrones are even numbered A seats which are single seats with two side tables. 4D/G and 6D/G are bulkhead seats and have large cubbyholes in front of the seats. 4D/G appear to be reserved for SEN/HON but on a few flights I've checked 6D is blocked and 6G is free (neither reserved for SEN/HON). Not much use if there are two of you. I believe 6D/G as well as 6K are bassinet seats (not sure about 6A).
Old May 10, 2013, 1:59 pm

Just checked the seat plan again and 4K had been freed up (ZRH-DEL next Friday) so I moved from 6K ... Like to think that the mini-cabin will be ever so quieter and the service just a touch more personal ...
Old May 12, 2013, 4:01 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by julmops
Just checked the seat plan again and 4K had been freed up (ZRH-DEL next Friday) so I moved from 6K ... Like to think that the mini-cabin will be ever so quieter and the service just a touch more personal ...
It will be more quiet as the bassinet position is in front of 6 D & G, but unfortunately there are recent reports of infants in the mini cabin.

Service will be perfect everywhere, but the portside has the maître de cabine working which is a slight advantage. 4 A remains the best seat.
Old May 12, 2013, 6:52 am

If 4A is free at OLCI I will definitely go for it!
Old May 23, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Seat 29G (Bulkhead?) on A333

Hi there, I was happy to find (any!) award space in Y on any Star Alliance flights to Europe in June leaving from the Midwest USA--even with some dates flexibility (June 10, 11, 12, 13), there was NOTHING ex-ORD nonstop. Not WAW, ZRH, FRA, LHR, IST, MUC, DUS, CPH, etc.
Interestingly, the only flights with wide open space was NYC-GVA (both UA EWR-GVA and LX JFK-GVA).
Ended up choosing LX because I prefer to do European carriers when going to Europe, just out of boredom with US ones.
I went onto the LX website and have the following options for seating in Y:
Row 29G (bulkhead aisle but right next to the bathrooms I think).
Many open seats in back. I usually prefer a window, but a bulkhead sounds nice too. Am I mistakenly thinking I found a good seat in 29G? I will say that the Exit seats 29AB and the other side too were "premium" seats--I'm sure there is a reason this 29G isn't premium, right?
If not good, please let me know and I can easily switch to a window seat toward the back.
Thanks for any advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.