Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by goliath
That would defeat the whole purpose of the blocking and it's not gonna work.

The SEN or HON number needs to be in the booking at the time of the seat request.

Not sure about *G, though. Have you tried calling LX yourself with the *G number in the booking?
LH Sen, BMI miles booking in F: window seats on ZRH-NRT appear to be blocked (flying end of Nov 12): LH Sen in the booking. Any way to unblock them? Phoned LX reservations but was told 'all window seats are already reserved'?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ozon78
LH Sen, BMI miles booking in F: window seats on ZRH-NRT appear to be blocked (flying end of Nov 12): LH Sen in the booking. Any way to unblock them? Phoned LX reservations but was told 'all window seats are already reserved'?
Try phoning LX's Basel number. Also check this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...a-2k-lx-f.html
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:27 pm
KRS

Is there a big difference between old and new F?
I am booking a redemption from europe to BKK and for my dates I can transit in PVG (343) or PEK (333), should the seat sway my choice?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by KRS
... for my dates I can transit in PVG (343) or PEK (333)...
Are you sure they are flying the 333 to PEK? When is your date?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:35 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Are you sure they are flying the 333 to PEK? When is your date?
A330-300 means 333 right? Flight is not until 22 December so things might change before then I guess...

Operating Airline: SWISS
Flight number: LX 196
Total travel time: 09:45
No. of stops 0
Airplane type: Airbus Industrie A330-300
Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
A330-300 means 333 right? Flight is not until 22 December so things might change before then I guess...
Interesting. It looks like they are changing to the 333 in the winter timetable.

I'd choose the 333.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Sorry if this information is already posted in this rather long thread, but can anyone PM the number the the Basel call center?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ILS2
Sorry if this information is already posted in this rather long thread, but can anyone PM the number the the Basel call center?
Why would you expect to find the number of the Basel call center in this thread?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goliath
Why would you expect to find the number of the Basel call center in this thread?
I guess due to post: #647
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:47 pm

Finally after many years I got the possibility to try out the 'new' C seat on A343 LX188. With high expectations I boarded the plane and I was seated in a K seat close to the window.

Seriously, what is so special about this horizontal flat bed seat? It was impossible to find a good sleeping position so I simply tilted the seat so it was angled like LH (old C) and SK C seats. After that I slept like a baby. Furthermore, it was really narrow and even though I lowered the armrest it did not make things much better. I'm average in height, weight, and body form.

Isn't it anyone else who think that the 'new' C seat is overrated?

The only seat I have slept really good in ever is the LX F bed.

I would personally rank the angled more spacious old LH C seat much higher than the 'new' LX C seat. The only positive about it was the good storage areas.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by A380*G
Finally after many years I got the possibility to try out the 'new' C seat on A343 LX188. With high expectations I boarded the plane and I was seated in a K seat close to the window.

Seriously, what is so special about this horizontal flat bed seat? It was impossible to find a good sleeping position so I simply tilted the seat so it was angled like LH (old C) and SK C seats. After that I slept like a baby. Furthermore, it was really narrow and even though I lowered the armrest it did not make things much better. I'm average in height, weight, and body form.

Isn't it anyone else who think that the 'new' C seat is overrated?

The only seat I have slept really good in ever is the LX F bed.

I would personally rank the angled more spacious old LH C seat much higher than the 'new' LX C seat. The only positive about it was the good storage areas.
I don't think it is overrated. It is what it is: a full flat C seat and the additional benefit of the LX seats is the direct aisle access on most seats and the ample storage/working space for the single seats in particular.

Other positives: when you book C long haul on LX (leaving aside the TLV disucssion) you are guaranteed a flat seat. Many other airlines still have a seat lottery, have consistency on particular routes only, or are still in the process of selecting of installing flat beds in C.

There is an interesting debate possible with regard to other full flat C seats. Personally, at above average height and at average build, I prefer the LX seats over BA (most are an inch too short and I need to step over my neighbour, with the exception of everyone's preferred UD A and K seats) and SQ (too short as well), and as good as CX (interestingly, both CX old C and LX are often referred to as 'coffins'!) for example.

Comparing with F beds is rather unfair, but of course these are generally better than even full flat C seats. Whether you prefer the older, angled flat seats is ultimately a matter of preference. I can hardly sleep at all on LH, KL, AF, etc angled seats, and can on full-flat seats. For you, it seems the other way around.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
I have a flight coming up on a 343. Need to know if there power in the seats in Y. Will need to use the laptop during the flight. If the person in front leans back does that make using the computer a chore. The flight is 12 hours, would it better to fly a carrier with an E+ product as the seating on seat guru looks pretty cramped. Last time I flew LX was from YUL to ZRH on a 332 and it was all round an awful experience. I have avoided swiss ever since.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by yul36
I have a flight coming up on a 343. Need to know if there power in the seats in Y. Will need to use the laptop during the flight. If the person in front leans back does that make using the computer a chore. The flight is 12 hours, would it better to fly a carrier with an E+ product as the seating on seat guru looks pretty cramped. Last time I flew LX was from YUL to ZRH on a 332 and it was all round an awful experience. I have avoided swiss ever since.
No power connections in Y. Using Laptop is almost impossible if pax in front of you lean the chair. Get front row or exit row.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Economy is hardly ever good for using a laptop.... and LX is no better.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: LH SEN
NEW FIRST on Swiss LX 180/181 ZRH-BKK-ZRH Route?

Hi,
does anyone know if (or if not when) the NEW First Class is available on the A340-300 flight to Bangkok???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.