Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
I'm sorry in advance if this is not the right thread. I'm flying Swiss Business class on a Airbus A330 in September from EWR > ZRH.

Does anybody know what hard product is on this route (i.e. are the biz seats updated are somewhat dated?) I assume soft product is still in flux given COVID.

Anything I should consider for flight? I know I'll get United Polaris lounge access from EWR which I'm fairly excited about.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
I'm sorry in advance if this is not the right thread. I'm flying Swiss Business class on a Airbus A330 in September from EWR > ZRH.

Does anybody know what hard product is on this route (i.e. are the biz seats updated are somewhat dated?) I assume soft product is still in flux given COVID.

Anything I should consider for flight? I know I'll get United Polaris lounge access from EWR which I'm fairly excited about.

The 333 is a little dated, but still comfortable enough. If traveling alone, choose the single window seat or the *Throne“ seat. In-flight service is rather normal …
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85

Sadly, I would not count on the Polaris Lounge being open by September... they are closed across the system, and even the current speculation is that they would not open until end of year at the earliest.

I would plan on using the LH lounge, which is nicer than the United Club (and you won't have to worry about shuttling between terminals).
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Thanks both for the insight and tips! I'll never complain about a biz class seat, but definitely think I got spoiled on Delta One to Japan from the states
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
That the A333 needs to either get a cabin refurbishment replacing the entire cabin or get replaced by A350 is for sure, but no news about when this will happen. What also seriously needs to be repaced on SWISS are the Business Class blankets and pillows, ideally also with the addition of a matress found on always more airlines. Further, shouldn't proper noise canceling head phones be offered at least in First Class, another element to be improved.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 10:13 am

Seems LX's economy on 330's will get a new product (per below). Doesn't mention IFE but I cannot imagine they would put in a new seat without new PTV. Any word on refresh for F and J on the a330s?

https://www.recaro-as.com/en/press/p...oup-fleet.html
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by deltatrav
Seems LX's economy on 330's will get a new product (per below). Doesn't mention IFE but I cannot imagine they would put in a new seat without new PTV. Any word on refresh for F and J on the a330s?

https://www.recaro-as.com/en/press/p...oup-fleet.html
If LX will take the final decision not to replace the A333's with A350's then we will see the entire cabin to be refurbished.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
What would you do in this case?
We booked 2 first class tickets from OSL all the way to BKK. Somehow it was a full cabin sans 1.
There was a guy sitting in 1A who brought his girlfriend from economy to the F cabin to take pictures of her sitting in his seat. That was ok I guess. Later this same man wanted her to dine with him sitting across him in F. Thankfully the IC said no to his request.
Then we had 2 very loud men sitting right behind us and causing a raucous. It was as if we were in a cheap bar. They were loud(and I mean obnoxious loud) from the time they boarded.
Thirdly only 1 person serving 7 people. Poor soul was running like a chicken without a head, haphazard serving. He also pushed the seafood onto us but we said we preferred the veal. He then said to my partner that he will try something and produce the veal. Service was haphazard, we would get salad, then one would get a meal, we had to wait for a while so that we were not eating our meals at the same time.
He basically told the loud guy at the back that no more veal.
Just incredible what was happening in this cabin, service wise and experience wise. It did not feel like the F cabin.
The flight attendant did stop and say he has 34 years experience and felt as if the cabin was just too full.

I had a much better experience in the F lounge in E.
What would have done? I was really disappointed. I had to write in to customer service. Let's see what they have to say.
romans likes this.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 3, 2023 at 3:36 pm Reason: sp
Old Jul 4, 2023, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
LX sent me 2 C$130 vouchers. Incredible. LOL

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 6, 2023 at 5:30 pm
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Any update on whether the A330-300s are retrofitted with the new J seats similar to the ones found in the 777?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 1:14 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Any update on whether the A330-300s are retrofitted with the new J seats similar to the ones found in the 777?
They are not.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:55 pm

Nope A330 still has it's original seats, flew on one a couple of weeks ago. The seat is still much better than LH but the IFE is very dated at this point. Their wine offerings are however excellent, the Bordeaux is one of the best I've had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.