Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by julmops
If 4A is free at OLCI I will definitely go for it!
It was and I thoroughly enjoyed it !!! Praying for it to be free as well on my way back.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:40 pm

How does Swiss Business class compare to Austrian Airlines' new Business class product?

I recently flew Austrian's new business class transcon and really liked it. Swiss seems to have similarly designed seats, with smaller IFE screen?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
How does Swiss Business class compare to Austrian Airlines' new Business class product?

I recently flew Austrian's new business class transcon and really liked it. Swiss seems to have similarly designed seats, with smaller IFE screen?
Almost the same hard product. The remote control on the Austrian IFE is a bit nicer- in addition I like the catering on Austrian a little bit better than on Swiss.

Compares very well- if you like Austrian you will most likely also like Swiss.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Almost the same hard product. The remote control on the Austrian IFE is a bit nicer- in addition I like the catering on Austrian a little bit better than on Swiss.

Compares very well- if you like Austrian you will most likely also like Swiss.
Oh ok, thanks travelsig!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: LH SEN
New F on A340?

I will be travelling from JNB to ZRH next month. I am booked in C and might consider upgrading to F. It is an 340, will there be the new F or not? Old F is nice but maybe not really worth 50k miles from the new C... your views?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:17 am

A340 is old F.
New F only on A330.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Skyluke
I will be travelling from JNB to ZRH next month. I am booked in C and might consider upgrading to F. It is an 340, will there be the new F or not? Old F is nice but maybe not really worth 50k miles from the new C... your views?
It's really questionable if old F is worth it at all , regardless on how you end up there.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat 1a
It's really questionable if old F is worth it at all , regardless on how you end up there.
I may be in the minority, however there are still some of us who prefer Old F on the Swiss A340 to the new "office cubicle" of the A330.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: some
I may be in the minority, however there are still some of us who prefer Old F on the Swiss A340 to the new "office cubicle" of the A330.
+1
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:24 am

Not completely disagreeing with you . Don't mind the cubicle , but it seems like the air cushions have a life of their own.

It's just hurts to see LX being outpaced by LH new F.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: *G
are there any glaring deficiency between the old F vs new F?

whats apparent is the half-sized IFE and less privacy. dont care about the former but do care about the latter since im flying solo.

or: is there a chance of LAX-ZRH ever swapping A340 to A330?

Last edited by deniah; Nov 1, 2013 at 6:12 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So I flew LX new C on 179/178 SIN-ZRH-SIN in seat 4D and have to agree that this is a really great seat. The mini-cabin is great and at least in my cases was very quiet with the exception of the Chinese Uncle behind me on ZRH-SIN who snored so loud I could hear him in the nearby lavatory .

Which brings me to the one thing I really thought was quite crappy and that was the head phones. Good lord, if I had known I would have brought my own noise cancelling ones and not had to put up with these sad examples of what may pass as a head phone with LX.

Not C class material at all. Reminded me of the crappy pieces TK gives on their C flights. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but my long haul C class experience is limited to LH, LX, SQ, TG, NH, OZ, TK, UA, BA, AA and BD (well in the days) and almost all of them provide something better or far better in that area.

Next time I bring my own then.

Last edited by demue; Nov 29, 2013 at 4:22 am
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deniah
are there any glaring deficiency between the old F vs new F?

whats apparent is the half-sized IFE and less privacy. dont care about the former but do care about the latter since im flying solo.

or: is there a chance of LAX-ZRH ever swapping A340 to A330?
I don't think a A330 has the range for LAX/ZRH AFAIK.

The A340 First Class is very good and you will have enough privacy if you choose one of the window seats which are single seats.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thrones are even numbered A seats which are single seats with two side tables. 4D/G and 6D/G are bulkhead seats and have large cubbyholes in front of the seats. 4D/G appear to be reserved for SEN/HON but on a few flights I've checked 6D is blocked and 6G is free (neither reserved for SEN/HON). Not much use if there are two of you. I believe 6D/G as well as 6K are bassinet seats (not sure about 6A).
I haven't ticketed yet, but am interested in an even numbered throne (such as 8A). If ticketed directly with LX, can *A Gold reserve these in advance? If ticketed via UA, is it easier? Wondering if the ticketing process impacts the ability to verify status, or if it is strictly for SEN/HON.

Safe travels to all - Jamie
Old May 7, 2014, 12:49 am

How is seat 24D on A330 compared to exit row 29?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.