Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class

Old May 9, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by tmcneilage
Hi, I am flying on 29th July does any one know if the new Business Class will be on this route then ?
Originally Posted by goliath
Yes, if everything goes as planned, you should have the new business class seats. ZRH-BKK-ZRH is planned to be served with a refurbished A343 starting July, 4.

Source
Originally Posted by tmcneilage
Thanks Goliath hopefully they are running to schedule
I might be flying that route in September in business class, let me know what you think of it when you're back.

Thanks.
Old May 16, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: Qantas and Swiss
Yes, I will give you some feedback on my flights, also Swiss social Media also confirmed that the new business class will be in place for my flights.
Old May 22, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Attn Swiss International Airlines / Parand.

Could you please update the A340 conversion plan?
It seems to be rather obvious that the previous information posted is no longer up to date, or at least there is a mismatch between published configuration and the dates mentioned here earlier.

To be more precise, you have adviced that the last A340 conversion to new C should be completed on July 4th, but that does not match to finding old style C Class cabin on LX 181 up to Aug02.
Old May 23, 2011, 3:05 am

Lx 14 first class

Hi,

You mention that LX 14 on Tuesdays is a A340.
I am booked on F from ZRH to NYC, but on swiss.com shows that it is an A333

Is it a mistake? If it is an A340 i should def get downragaded on this leg, as i wanted to check out the new F class.
Old May 23, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dvintiadis
You mention that LX 14 on Tuesdays is a A340
Who mentions that?

I can only see a A343 on LX16 tomorrow, but not on Tuesdays (or any days) after that.

I am booked on F from ZRH to NYC, but on swiss.com shows that it is an A333

Is it a mistake?
If you let us know the date of your flight, I can check it for you. But swiss.com is usually accurate in showing the plane type that is flying on a specific date.

If it is an A340 i should def get downragaded on this leg, as i wanted to check out the new F class.
By "i should def get downragaded", do you mean that if it is an A343 you want to change your booking to C class or that you expect compensation for a "downgrade" from old F to new F?
Old May 23, 2011, 6:14 am

Goliath, tks your reply.
On this thread, first sticky updated May 1st

"JFK all flights, including GVA-JFK, are now served with A333 except LX14/17 on Tue which is served by a refurbished A343 with new Business Class only"

Can you pls check LX14 for Tmrw 24/05 + 25/05 please?

As for the compensation, no i did not mean that...!
I meant i should downgrade to C class myself, as i wanted to check out a333 F class.
Old May 23, 2011, 6:28 am

can you pls check lx14 for tmrw 24/05 + 25/05 please?
LX14 24/05/2011: A333
LX14 25/05/2011: A333

The only LX flight ZRH-JFK scheduled to be operated by A343 in the next couple of weeks is LX16 tomorrow.
Old May 23, 2011, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by goliath
LX14 24/05/2011: A333
LX14 25/05/2011: A333

The only LX flight ZRH-JFK scheduled to be operated by A343 in the next couple of weeks is LX16 tomorrow.
Great...! Thank you V. Much
Old May 25, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
To be more precise, you have adviced that the last A340 conversion to new C should be completed on July 4th, but that does not match to finding old style C Class cabin on LX 181 up to Aug02.
I'm due to fly LX181 on the 12th of July, and the seat map currently showing seems not to match either the new or old configurations properly, on checkmytrip.com:

It's showing 8 rows of C, which seems to match the old configuration, but an assortment of seats are simply missing. LX181 on the 6th of July was showing the same, before I changed my flight dates. Is it just the case that the seatmaps haven't been updated?
Old May 25, 2011, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by orudge
It's showing 8 rows of C, which seems to match the old configuration, but an assortment of seats are simply missing.
What you are seeing is the old configuration.

All A/B/J/K seats in rows 4 and 5 are blocked, as well as window seats in rows 6 and 7 (and oddly, seat 9D) - that's why these seats don't show up in your seatmap.

Expertflyer shows it properly as an old 343 with blocked seats:

Last edited by goliath; May 25, 2011 at 10:14 am Reason: added EF seatmap
Old May 25, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
OK, thanks makes sense, thanks. Fingers crossed it will get updated to the new configuration sometime in the coming weeks!
Old May 25, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by orudge
OK, thanks makes sense, thanks. Fingers crossed it will get updated to the new configuration sometime in the coming weeks!
Good luck!

Please note that it once HAD the new configuration published, and this was in line with what Swiss had published in this forum. (Last A340 entering modification on July 4th, therefore only new C-Cl after that on A340.)

However, the refurbishment schedule is now quite apparently delayed.
It's just a bit sad to see that our Swiss lurker does not seem to be willing to confirm this or give more details about the length of the delay.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:31 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Dear all,

we would love to share with you an updated schedule of the refurbishment, but this may lead to more frustration on your side in case of operational changes or further delays. For now, we can only confirm that we are still planning to have all A340-300 cabins refurbished by mid August. Please keep in mind, that this date is subject to change as there are several external factors, which we cannot control entirely.

Thanks for your understanding!

Parand - SWISS Social Media Team

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Good luck!

However, the refurbishment schedule is now quite apparently delayed.
It's just a bit sad to see that our Swiss lurker does not seem to be willing to confirm this or give more details about the length of the delay.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
Hi Parand - thanks for the response.

I noticed that a booking I have from ZRH-BKK on 27 July is now showing as the old C cabin, rather than the new product. Is this likely to continue to be the case, and the 4 July mentioned previously is no longer the case? This is even more disappointing as the last time I travelled in Swiss C, the new product on the A333 didn't materialise as the plane was substituted with the very inferior A332.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by rtwflyer
Hi Parand - thanks for the response.

I noticed that a booking I have from ZRH-BKK on 27 July is now showing as the old C cabin, rather than the new product. Is this likely to continue to be the case, and the 4 July mentioned previously is no longer the case? This is even more disappointing as the last time I travelled in Swiss C, the new product on the A333 didn't materialise as the plane was substituted with the very inferior A332.
As of today 4th of June 12/15 A343's have the new C Class therefore by July 4th we will probably be at 13. Which means still 2 A343's with the old C Class and they will be used for BKK. Probably in July LX will upgrade another one which will bring it to 14 and by the end of August all of them will be done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.