Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:29 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by LXA350
Or let's say it this way, the B77W is such a loud plane that it doesn't matter where you sit, it's always noisy...Why couldn't LX go for the A350
The toilets are quietest on this horrible plane.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:57 am

I've seen conflicting info...does anyone know whether 12k on the 777 has windows or not?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by shogan1977
Can anyone advise on whether they have a preference for 1A/K vs. 2A/K on the 777?

2A/K seem like they would have less noise as they are away from the galley and there is a gap between them and mini business cabin (which is usually quiet anyway).

I'd appreciate people's advice. Thank you in advance.

2A is usually blocked, and for a reason I'd say. I always prefer 2A/2K personally, I don't like to be close to the toilets.
I agree with Viennafly that galleynoise isn't an issue though.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:31 pm

Flying on 777 in Y, what are the best seats? Is there is any...
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: too many
Any update on the A340 refurbishment?

While the cabin update has been announced to be completed until end of 2018, would anybody have more details when to expect first updated first class cabins on the remaining A340 fleet?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Glarus
Flying on 777 in Y, what are the best seats? Is there is any...
might be too late but anyway as I had three long-haul Swiss fights in Y during the last weeks... some argue the exit row/bulkhead seats are the best. I do not agree and usually take just an aisle seat in the front of the economy cabin. Preferable second or third row on either side of the plane.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by Hardy
While the cabin update has been announced to be completed until end of 2018, would anybody have more details when to expect first updated first class cabins on the remaining A340 fleet?
Probably around later spring early summer the first plane will be ready and the process completed by autumn
Hardy likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Pretty easy question I'd think for anyone who flies LX regularly. I've got the option ZRH-ORD to fly the 330 or the 777. It seems like a no brainer to take the 330 if I were flying in Economy, but I'm going to fly business, the seats appear to be identical, any advantage to one over the other? Using points, so cost isn't a factor, connections don't really matter, it's either more time in ZRH, or more time in ORD depending on the choice.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Pretty easy question I'd think for anyone who flies LX regularly. I've got the option ZRH-ORD to fly the 330 or the 777. It seems like a no brainer to take the 330 if I were flying in Economy, but I'm going to fly business, the seats appear to be identical, any advantage to one over the other? Using points, so cost isn't a factor, connections don't really matter, it's either more time in ZRH, or more time in ORD depending on the choice.
Would take the 777: newer seat with more storage space, better privacy, better IFE with larger screen, more space for the 'throne' seats, newer cabin.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Viennafly
Would take the 777: newer seat with more storage space, better privacy, better IFE with larger screen, more space for the 'throne' seats, newer cabin.
Brilliant, thanks. Sounds like they aren't as similar as the seatguru maps look! I've read reviews on both, but nothing compared the two.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Viennafly
But then again, it is a T7 not everybody likes:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28667113-post721.html

The cabins are actually fairly similar, except for the extra width of the T7 cabin, and I would just take the one that fits my schedule better. Nothing wrong with the LX A330s.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
But then again, it is a T7 not everybody likes:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28667113-post721.html

The cabins are actually fairly similar, except for the extra width of the T7 cabin, and I would just take the one that fits my schedule better. Nothing wrong with the LX A330s.
T7? Toilets x 7? No idea what that was in reference to.

Neither one was gonna matter on the sked. As I said it was either a few more hours at ZRH or a few more hours at ORD. Since I'm travelling to Canada from ORD, the lounges aren't really a huge draw. However a couple more hours in Zurich, a city I've never been to, which I'll be overnighting at, and an airport I never transit through, I think there's a bit more appeal there. But if the product was vastly better on the 330, I would've taken that as opposed to the 777 with more time in Zurich.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:22 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
T7? Toilets x 7? No idea what that was in reference to.
It means that the toilets are the quietest spot on this horrible, noisy and old fashioned plane.

F and the mini C cabin are really noisy.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
T7? Toilets x 7? No idea what that was in reference to
Triple7

More time in ZRH is definitely good: nice city, good airport, some of the best lounges.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Key Facts concerning the new BUSINESS CLASS
  • Swiss innovation for SWISS: realized by Contour; air pillow system by Lantal, infinitely adjustable from soft to firm for seating and resting
My last flight in LX C on the A330 was a couple of years ago, the day after a very long and strenuous hike in the Alps. I remember thinking the seat cushions were incredibly hard, but maybe that was because of my aching muscles. I don't remember an "air pillow system" that allowed one to "infinitely adjust" the seat "from soft to firm". Is there really such a thing, and how do you control the softness/firmness? Also, does LX provide any sort of mattress or pad for sleeping?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.