Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 8:12 am
APx

Programs: M&M FTL, BA Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Blue
Hi FT'er,

Anyone know if next weeks (10th May) flight to HK from ZRH is the new or old Airbus Industrie A340-300? Flight# LX138

Old May 5, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by APx
Anyone know if next weeks (10th May) flight to HK from ZRH is the new or old Airbus Industrie A340-300? Flight# LX138
It's the new configuration with lie-flat business class.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:50 am
APx

Originally Posted by goliath
It's the new configuration with lie-flat business class.
Brilliant, thank you goliath. Will be trying out their F class for the first time.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by APx
Will be trying out their F class for the first time.
Well, then you won't experience any difference. F class is the same on all LX 343s - refurbished or not.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:28 am
APx

Well, then you won't experience any difference. F class is the same on all LX 343s - refurbished or not.
Oh, ok.... Just noticed that they are the old generation seats...

Still, I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience.

Thanks,
APx

Last edited by APx; May 6, 2011 at 1:48 am
Old May 6, 2011, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by APx
Oh, ok.... Just noticed that they are the old generation seats...
No need to be - the "old generation" seat is still great and I am sure you will enjoy the trip!
Old May 6, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA P, Marriott & Starwood Plt, HH Gold, Hertz PC
LX9 ORD-ZRH seat discrepency

apologies if this was covered elsewhere, but i've been digging and haven't seen anything.

i'm looking at booking a reward ticket with UA that has me on LX9 from ORD to ZRH on Sept 13th. I'm 6'4", so I'm hoping for some legroom. the Swiss agent i spoke with recommended 22 D/G for my fiancee and I, but seatguru says they are bulkhead seats that actually restrict legroom. anyone have any firsthand experience? Don't really want to spend the first 8 hours of my honeymoon with my legs falling asleep
Old May 6, 2011, 3:02 pm

Being 6'4" myself, I can understand your question.

I haven't been on the new LX A333 (not in Y, anyways), so I don't have firsthand experience for that particular bird. But I am pretty sure that you won't be able to fully stretch your legs in row 22.

Personally, I would try to get 29A/B or 29J/K, even if these are in close proximity of the lavatories. I would even get any other A/B or J/K seats before taking bulkhead seats. If you are travelling with your SO, I am sure you will find a position to have a comfortable flight even in a regular A/B or J/K pair where you are able to fully stretch your legs under the seat in front of you. It is always much easier if you know the person sitting next to you...

The seatmap on swiss.com (Link) is more accurate that the one on seatguru, here you get a good feeling how far away and in what position the bulkhead is.

Mind you, row 22 is also where the baby bassinets can be mounted, so you might be in close company of crying passengers (there could even be one between you in 2F if you actually chose 2D and 2G) or you might be (politely) asked to swap seats with someone travelling with a young one.
Old May 6, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA P, Marriott & Starwood Plt, HH Gold, Hertz PC
thanks Goliath, appreicate the perspective. I asked about row 29, but they said those could only be assigned at the airport. they did say there were a couple A/B pairs available, so maybe I'll just do that, take the aisle, and hope for the best.

my real complaint is with UA for having no award inventory to europe from ORD in september ... give that I have enough MP miles for a biz class ticket, I never thought i'd be scrounging for a couple decent economy seats, but I suppose I should've known...
Old May 8, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: HON Circle; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold; HH Diamond; AZ CFP
Hi FTers. I'm flying ZRH to SFO in C on May 18. Swiss website shows the old C class while ExperFlyer shows the new C-Class... Which one should I rely on?
Thanks!
Old May 8, 2011, 7:14 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ale982
Hi FTers. I'm flying ZRH to SFO in C on May 18. Swiss website shows the old C class while ExperFlyer shows the new C-Class... Which one should I rely on?
Thanks!
Welcome to FT, ale982!

Where on the Swiss website did you see the old C Class for this flight? I didn't know you could check seatmaps on their website.

SwissInternationalAirLines
' post (#66) and cesco.g's post (#68) suggest that ZRH-SFO already has the new C Class.
Old May 9, 2011, 3:51 am
APx

Originally Posted by gwfr1g4t
apologies if this was covered elsewhere, but i've been digging and haven't seen anything.

i'm looking at booking a reward ticket with UA that has me on LX9 from ORD to ZRH on Sept 13th. I'm 6'4", so I'm hoping for some legroom. the Swiss agent i spoke with recommended 22 D/G for my fiancee and I, but seatguru says they are bulkhead seats that actually restrict legroom. anyone have any firsthand experience? Don't really want to spend the first 8 hours of my honeymoon with my legs falling asleep
Hi gwfr1g4t,

I recently did the ZRH-ORD-ZRH trip with LX. Although I sat in C seats (14 A/B), I had a good view of seats 22 D/G and the leg room. They have a reasonable amount of space and you can stretch your legs past the bulkhead, but you have the biz class curtain in front of you and no doubt a lot of through traffic, so probably some clanking of feet and ankles. Being 6'4", I too would agree with goliath and go with Row 29, if you can get it.

Don't forget to check in online 23hrs before hand online, it's your best bet of getting those seats, as if you wait until you arrive at the airport, there wont be a chance in hell of you getting those seats. Unless you turn up with a cast on your leg!!!

Have a safe flight.
Old May 9, 2011, 3:52 am
APx

Thumbs up

No need to be - the "old generation" seat is still great and I am sure you will enjoy the trip!
Cheers big man! ^
Old May 9, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: HON Circle; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold; HH Diamond; AZ CFP
Thanks NewbieRunner!!

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Where on the Swiss website did you see the old C Class for this flight? I didn't know you could check seatmaps on their website.
If you look up the timetable and you put destinations and dates, it shows a number of flights a couple of days before and after the date you picked. If you click on the plane icon, it shows the aircraft that will be used
Old May 9, 2011, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by ale982
If you look up the timetable and you put destinations and dates, it shows a number of flights a couple of days before and after the date you picked. If you click on the plane icon, it shows the aircraft that will be used
The link in the timetable is wrong / old. I guess not too many people actually use the feature "Online Timetable" and therefore it was missed - most people would use the booking interface with the setting "+/- 3 days" to find flights between two destinations.

LX38 on 05/18/2011 clearly is a refurbished A34Z.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.