Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2020, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by airoli
Actually, I heard from friends at LX that weekends are much busier with leisure travel whereas weekdays are almost dead due to the near complete absence of business travel.

I was last through ZRH on Thursday evening. Normally prime consultant time, now a ghost town 😞
interesting. Never equated leisure travelers with lounges
Old Oct 27, 2020, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has GVA closed again? I see Horizon is now accepting LX pax, which is unusual with the LX C lounge open?
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:30 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by cfischer
interesting. Never equated leisure travelers with lounges
It's the people who got their status flying on tickets bought by companies, not with their own money - this is now over for a couple of years. And yes, leisure travel foolishly has not yet stopped, it is even actively advertised .
Old Oct 27, 2020, 3:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
People may fly J now for more space, too.

When we were there on Friday noon it was totally full and I asked the staff to open the second area which they did.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hugolover
Has GVA closed again? I see Horizon is now accepting LX pax, which is unusual with the LX C lounge open?
I haven't been in GVA personally but yeah, I read an announcement of a recent reclosure due to low LX traffic numbers. Eligible pax are steered to the contract lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Do we have insight on LX F ZRH lounge opening? I am hesitant to book with 6 hour layover unless I can rest properly and eat well
Old Oct 31, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Do we have insight on LX F ZRH lounge opening? I am hesitant to book with 6 hour layover unless I can rest properly and eat well
You can safely assume the FCL won't be opening in the near term, and no one has insights into the medium term.
airoli and LoungeLizzard like this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What’s the situation with lounges in Brussels and Zurich? Do they have alcohol and food? I wonder if they’ll be affected by the November restrictions too?
Been to ZRH on Friday Oct.30. It was a huge covid party - part of the lounge blocked off, remaining part terribly crowded. Warm food was available (but cutlery not individually wrapped as in FRA), drinks and alcohol self-service, anyone can touch the bottles as well as the cutlery.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by NightFly
Been to ZRH on Friday Oct.30. It was a huge covid party - part of the lounge blocked off, remaining part terribly crowded. Warm food was available (but cutlery not individually wrapped as in FRA), drinks and alcohol self-service, anyone can touch the bottles as well as the cutlery.
We've to defend our leadership in COVID-19 cases in Switzerland, you know..

More seriously, pretty bad show from LX. They should at least open both sides of the lounge at ALL times. Saving a few pennies for cleaning as long as not ALL seats are taken is crazy in those times.
chris63 and lightwalker like this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by sophialite
You can safely assume the FCL won't be opening in the near term, and no one has insights into the medium term.
SO SAD
Old Nov 4, 2020, 2:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NightFly
When we arrived to a packed lounge I asked the staff to open the second area and they did so.
oliver2002 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by florens
When we arrived to a packed lounge I asked the staff to open the second area and they did so.
Wow. Good for you. 👏🏻
Old Nov 4, 2020, 5:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vantage03
Wow. Good for you. 👏🏻
What I meant to say is that other FT members who experience the same should ask. All they can do is say no, or, as was the case with us, understand the concern and open up the second area which benefits all travelers.
vantage03 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 1:43 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
We've to defend our leadership in COVID-19 cases in Switzerland, you know. More seriously, pretty bad show from LX..
A bad and sad show indeed. But Switzerland being shamefully the European Covid leader there must be reasons for this . Anyway within a couple of weeks there will be no such thing as lounges at airports anymore as by Christmas the pandemic will have devastated parts if not all of Europe and there will be no planes to wait for anymore.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Originally Posted by funkydrummer
I haven't been in GVA personally but yeah, I read an announcement of a recent reclosure due to low LX traffic numbers. Eligible pax are steered to the contract lounge.
Yes, it is the Horizon lounge or nothing in GVA. For those who (unfortunately) know it, it is rather poor indeed. I only had 15 mins there this week thankfully, to get a quick bottle of water before my next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.