Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
their mother company LH (in Germany, restaurants are also closed due to Corona) at least open the lounges as pleasant and convenient waiting areas with a take away option (consumption in the lounge is not allowed). As alternative they could also provide a voucher for a take away...but they prefer to provide nothing to their preminum customers and i do not believe that they asked for a special permission...
for me arrival at the airport just 30-45 min before the flight is not an option as I have a flight to BKK and they will check all the required documents (various) for the flight at check in and at the gate again and in addition I have to pass immigration
Agreed. For once, Lufthansa 1 - Swiss 0
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
That the Lounges are closed we will need to blame the governement, concerning a voucher this is the minimum they should do, even if it's limited to a bottle of water and some packaged snacks but some kind of guesture
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:14 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LXA350
That the Lounges are closed we will need to blame the governement, concerning a voucher this is the minimum they should do, even if it's limited to a bottle of water and some packaged snacks but some kind of guesture
I do not blame the government at all, as overall pandemic situation in Switzerland certainly requires a general closure of restaurants. However I blame Swiss for not providing anything (open lounges as waiting area and/or take away or providing vouchers for minimal drink and snack)
Old Jan 20, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
According to the LX website,

Important information: SWISS Lounges at the airport Zurich remain closed until at least 28th of Feb, 2021

But just under that, it says that the SEN A lounge is open on Friday. ???
BinSabai and Comatose.Captain like this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by yyztozag
According to the LX website,

Important information: SWISS Lounges at the airport Zurich remain closed until at least 28th of Feb, 2021

But just under that, it says that the SEN A lounge is open on Friday. ???
lousy service and lousy information...
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
They just follow the government regulations. Originally they closed restaurants until Jan 22. This is now extended to end February.
behuman likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by HKG1111
They just follow the government regulations. Originally they closed restaurants until Jan 22. This is now extended to end February.
do not agree!
In Germany restaurants are also closed and Lufthansa opens the lounges and offer food and beverage as take away. Lazy and lousy Swiss do not even offer a voucher for other take away service...just nothing... just miserable!
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Germany is a different country from Switzerland, and rules / restrictions are different.
behuman and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:22 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
the privilege to fly

In those times when traveling and especially flying has become a privilege of well connected / well organized people it is much inappropriate to complain about lounge closings and a slap in the face to those who out of respect towards their communities stay at home.

Let's be happy that LX is still flying, KL just stopped its intercontinental network. The worst still has to come.

P.S. I would take that plane to SCL tomorrow if possible.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also note that in Germany restaurants are allowed to stay open to offer takeaway service, so LH in Germany has adopted their lounge offerings accordingly. I'm sure LX tried to get a similar exclusion with the local authorities. Calling them 'lazy and lousy' without proof is rather poor.
behuman likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regarding DE. Sure, the law is law. I didn't realise the law mandated what sandwiches they need to offer? The sarnies are worse than the onboard ones. This doesn't bode well for their premium pax getting excited by BoB. No soft drink cans, no proper coffee. LH have their own industrial Nepresso machines near the gates plus in MUC there was Delights to Go.

Why are the offerings so crap?

Come to KRK to see how takeaway should look. Furthermore, I'd bet it costs KRK more per pax than LH are spending now, despite all the obvious differences in costs between DE and PL.
YuropFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Also note that in Germany restaurants are allowed to stay open to offer takeaway service, so LH in Germany has adopted their lounge offerings accordingly. I'm sure LX tried to get a similar exclusion with the local authorities. Calling them 'lazy and lousy' without proof is rather poor.
Switzerland has the same rule; take away service is allowed; lounges without consumption as well
I consider my comment as appropriate.
To behuman: some people must fly due to their profession or due to circumstances...for those it's not a privilege at all
cesco.g and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by behuman
In those times when traveling and especially flying has become a privilege of well connected / well organized people it is much inappropriate to complain about lounge closings and a slap in the face to those who out of respect towards their communities stay at home.

Let's be happy that LX is still flying, KL just stopped its intercontinental network. The worst still has to come.

P.S. I would take that plane to SCL tomorrow if possible.
AF flies to SCL few times weekly, you are free to go
behuman likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Switzerland has the same rule; take away service is allowed; lounges without consumption as well
Incorrect. Swiss has tried, and failed, to obtain a special permit to keep lounges open from the Canton of Zurich. Source - in German. All other lounges (e.g. Asoire) at ZRH also had to close.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Incorrect. Swiss has tried, and failed, to obtain a special permit to keep lounges open from the Canton of Zurich. Source - in German. All other lounges (e.g. Asoire) at ZRH also had to close.
that is your interpretation of a rather vague statement...
nobody knows what they actually asked for and whether they proposed a similar solution to LH lounges in Germany or insisted to keep the lounges the way they normally operate...
fact is that currently they do not even give a voucher...
Comatose.Captain likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.