Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Free entry ... for the moment (FTL)
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Its valid for everyone.

The right-side signage seems to be for a different lounge, which charges only 25.-

LX charges 29.- (free entry for FTL+, C/F pax flying *A)
Thanks for confirming. Not asking for myself, I am *G and FTL. Might still be useful to some.

And, BTW, I have to say: This is a rare time I approve of a revenue-generating measure. Provided they only accept for-pay walk-ins when the lounge isn't crowded, this generates some money for them without taking anything away from anyone eligible for free access.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:49 pm

New federal measures over Christmas

Hello! Just bumping this up. I'm due to travel out of ZRH in LX C on 20 December and 10 January, both Sundays. The Federal Council is considering closing restaurants at 7pm and all day on Sundays from this Saturday until 20 January. Decisions are expected on Friday. Will this affect the SEN LX lounge in ZRH? And what about the other restaurants in the airport?

Thanks to all.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Decisions are expected on Friday.
Therefore, answers to your questions should not be expected before.
LoungeLizzard likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
Therefore, answers to your questions should not be expected before.
I was just asking whether a closure of restaurants across Switzerland implies a closure of lounges in airports. In the Netherlands, for example, lounges and restaurants in airports remained open, while in the UK they closed. I don't know what it would mean in Switzerland, but someone might.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:15 pm

The rules haven't been decided on, written, published, or explained yet, so it's moot to speculate. And it's not as if there was ample precedent for government-imposed shutdowns of all restaurants.
(FWIW, during the March/April lockdown, lounges were closed but air traffic also dropped 97% YOY so that was a logical commercial decision.)
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I was just asking whether a closure of restaurants across Switzerland implies a closure of lounges in airports. In the Netherlands, for example, lounges and restaurants in airports remained open, while in the UK they closed. I don't know what it would mean in Switzerland, but someone might.
During the first lock down in march, lounges were closed when restaurants in Switzerland were closed.
They will probably follow LH policy, where currently lounges are open, but no consumption in the lounges is allowed, just take away....which is actually totally nonsense...
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
During the first lock down in march, lounges were closed when restaurants in Switzerland were closed.
They will probably follow LH policy, where currently lounges are open, but no consumption in the lounges is allowed, just take away....which is actually totally nonsense...
LOL what's the point of that? We shall see. The cantons aren't in the least happy about the Federal Council's proposals... I just hope I can eat on Sunday, because without food I tend to become bilious
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
LOL what's the point of that? We shall see. The cantons aren't in the least happy about the Federal Council's proposals... I just hope I can eat on Sunday, because without food I tend to become bilious
In LHs case at FRA & MUC they probably thought they had to provide some food because there were many airport food outlets offering takeaway

Im sure ZRH would have some takeaway outlets open

My Scottish friends always have some shortbread with them to prevent biliousness
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by chris63
In LHs case at FRA & MUC they probably thought they had to provide some food because there were many airport food outlets offering takeaway

My Scottish friends always have some shortbread with them to prevent biliousness
Has anyone flown out of GVA this past month? Restaurants have been closed in Calvin's city, but not sure about the lounges/restaurants airside in the airport. We'll see, things seem to be changing constantly these days. Back in May when I escaped Scotland to get to Switzerland I had to pack lunch AND dinner the night before because I had a 6.5-hour layover at LHR, where everything except Boots was closed, and arrived in ZRH quite late at night. I hope I can avoid something similar now
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Has anyone flown out of GVA this past month? Restaurants have been closed in Calvin's city, but not sure about the lounges/restaurants airside in the airport. We'll see, things seem to be changing constantly these days. Back in May when I escaped Scotland to get to Switzerland I had to pack lunch AND dinner the night before because I had a 6.5-hour layover at LHR, where everything except Boots was closed, and arrived in ZRH quite late at night. I hope I can avoid something similar now
LX lounge is closed. Only saw 1 caf (the one opposite Sprngli, Montreux Jazz caf I think?) open in GVA, takeaway only. All shops were closed.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63

Takeaway outlets at ZRH were even open during the lockdown in March...but no lounges, no restaurants, most shops closed
Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:10 am

Programs: DL Plat
Is the LX lounge D now open again in ZRH? Swiss website seems to give conflicting info, saying on the one hand that lounges A and D are open, but then under the opening hours for the D lounge it says temporarily closed...
Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
D lounges are closed - although it would make sense to have them open as all the E gate flights now go from D
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:12 am

The passenger volumes are so small that only one LX lounge is open. Since more passengers fly within Schengen (AB gates) than outside Schengen (D gates), the Schengen lounge is open.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.