Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
My goodness the irrationality that is driving the rules is stunning. Eating indoors in a lounge....forbidden. Eating indoors in front of the lounge is ok. And someone thinks this is stopping the virus?

That is funny, similar 6' spacing in line, yet 6" when seated on a plane .

Anyway did the lounge have the showers opened? Transiting through ZRH in a month and hoping so, so we can use between 2 long hauls.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
here an actual photo of what is currently possible at the airport Zurich (restaurants can open outdoor part in Switzerland and serve customers)

at least the Swiss lounge in terminal E would have a terrace...
Old Apr 24, 2021, 1:24 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by BinSabai
at least the Swiss lounge in terminal E would have a terrace...
Passenger numbers at ZRH are currently ~20% of a normal year. As long as this does not change, Terminal E will not be reopened.

No lounge in the main terminal complex has an outdoor space. In fact, there is no outdoor space whatsoever airside in the main terminal complex.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Passenger numbers at ZRH are currently ~20% of a normal year. As long as this does not change, Terminal E will not be reopened.

No lounge in the main terminal complex has an outdoor space. In fact, there is no outdoor space whatsoever airside in the main terminal complex.
indeed, I know
wrong plan, bad concept!
Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:02 pm

LX first lounges in dec 2021?

my wife and i are going to joburg via zurich in early december of this year (so still nearly 8 months away)...layover is rather substantial (almost 12 hours) so anything short of the full first class lounge experience would be rather uncomfortable.
has anyone seen any updated guidance on a return to normal service ? i would've thought by end of this year, a resumption in normal service on a fully paid first class fare would be expected...
what do you think?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:14 pm

Nobody knows yet what the situation will be in December 2021. Infection and vaccination rates, travel restrictions, travel demand, schedule, fleet operating....

We can all have some fun making guesses, but there is no "guidance" 8 months out at this point that is worth the paper it is written on. If your trip is already booked, expect nothing and be happy about everything more.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
Nobody knows yet what the situation will be in December 2021. Infection and vaccination rates, travel restrictions, travel demand, schedule, fleet operating....

We can all have some fun making guesses, but there is no "guidance" 8 months out at this point that is worth the paper it is written on. If your trip is already booked, expect nothing and be happy about everything more.
you can hazard a guess, I didn’t ask for anything concrete nor do you have any liability should you be incorrect.

and I know some people had seen some other dates for when things might resume at the senator or business lounges so was just curious if anyone had seen anything for the first lounges in particular for ANY date let alone 8 months
Old Apr 27, 2021, 12:38 am

Okay, I will hazard a guess:
By December 2021, relative to 2019, LX will have recovered ~70% of their short-haul leisure demand, ~40% of long-haul leisure demand, and ~40% of high yield long-haul business travel. From that, I would extrapolate a relatively small number of pax (HON or F) eligible to access a First Class facility - or any lounges, for that matter. I could imagine that they would offer Business and SEN lounges, the latter with a special F/HON corner with a few nicer bottles of booze. At best, I could imagine the F lounge to be open for very limited hours around the major long-haul departure banks.

I'd be happy to be proven too pessimistic.
flospi likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I called the SEN line in Basel to reschedule my cancelled tickets. The agent indicated that normal lounge activity would resume when restaurants in Switzerland will reopen, which is 31 May 2021, if I am not mistaken. I am taking this information cautiously...
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 3:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by Nic33
I called the SEN line in Basel to reschedule my cancelled tickets. The agent indicated that normal lounge activity would resume when restaurants in Switzerland will reopen, which is 31 May 2021, if I am not mistaken. I am taking this information cautiously...
Yes, I think this is the assumption, because they were closed when lounges got classified as "restaurants" by the authorities. Therefore, once the restaurant ban will be lifted, there is no legal obstacle to open the lounges with food/drink service (the A lounge is currently open, but eating/drinking is prohibited). The exact regulation starting 1 June will be defined at the 26 May cabinet of ministers (Bundesrat) meeting. Most likely it will look something like: must be seated for eating/drinking, max 4 per table, 2m distance between tables (i.e. less than 100% occupancy), face mask must be worn when there is no consumption (e.g. before beginning or after finishing meal/drinks).
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:31 pm

"normal lounge activity" would mean incl. F lounge and full offering re food & beverage or just a very limited offering...
Old May 26, 2021, 7:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Restaurants can now reopen indoors from 31.5.2021. It remains to be seen what the lounge proposition will be like at ZRH.
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:48 am

very good color - so i would have to think (barring a new pandemic or world catastrophe) first class travel should be more or less normal by december of this year.
Old May 26, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: LXFF
Vacination rates are higher in Canada and the US and we are really seing everything go in the right direction. Once you get to 50-60% vacine rate, it will be ok. The summer weather will help as well.

I'm booked for Jan 2022 on the YUL-ZRH with some friends (ski trip). Looking forward to an almost normal trip.
Old May 27, 2021, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by florens
Restaurants can now reopen indoors from 31.5.2021. It remains to be seen what the lounge proposition will be like at ZRH.
any announcement from Swiss!
no excuse anymore to decline some food and beverage offering

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.