LX lounges restarting

Old Jul 21, 20, 7:25 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR/ATH
Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Posts: 4,480
Are there any lounges open in GVA at all, even PP?
ahmetdouas is offline  
Old Jul 21, 20, 11:06 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,464
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
I think the fast lane has opened in the meantime again...
It was open last week - I used it with no problems.
rossmacd is offline  
Old Jul 22, 20, 9:36 am
  #93  
GVA
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Here there everywhere
Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Posts: 2,778
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Are there any lounges open in GVA at all, even PP?
Swissport lounge reopens August 1st
GVA is offline  
Old Jul 22, 20, 10:07 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR/ATH
Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Posts: 4,480
Originally Posted by GVA
Swissport lounge reopens August 1st
Oh well I will slum it tomorrow in GVA then with the restauraunts and get a sandwich or something! Any recommendations? I will be flying out in the morning, haven't been to GVA forever!
ahmetdouas is offline  
Old Jul 23, 20, 2:37 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DUS
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 694
Was there yesterday. SEN is open and has a small dedicated area for HON/First. There is a rope separating this area. In the beginning of my stay they were serving coffee and drinks to this section. Everything else is the same: sandwiches, soft drinks, coffee and desserts.
shipsmail is offline  
Old Jul 23, 20, 3:20 am
  #96  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CH / NL
Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Posts: 189
Total joke this morning in ZRH, big queue (+20pax) in front of the only open A Lounge. Also the HON section was full, and no separate queue.
Nik_Jr is offline  
Old Jul 23, 20, 4:35 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Total joke this morning in ZRH, big queue (+20pax) in front of the only open A Lounge. Also the HON section was full, and no separate queue.
Swiss definitely has an (extremely awkward, at least for many of us) culture of walk to the front if your HON and we will look after you
vantage03 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 20, 4:18 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CH / NL
Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Posts: 189
Originally Posted by vantage03
Swiss definitely has an (extremely awkward, at least for many of us) culture of walk to the front if your HON and we will look after you
Even that didn't work. It was completely full, also the HON part!
Nik_Jr is offline  
Old Jul 25, 20, 9:47 am
  #99  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lima Sierra Zulu Hotel
Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Posts: 769
Yesterday the lineup was at least 25 people long by the time I got in the lounge (when I joined the line, there were about 10 in front of me, took about 20 min). The lounge attendant would periodically go up and down the line, encouraging people to leave the line and explain they only have 66 seats (that must be the main section only). Tough argument to make as you are lined up along the windows of (and staring at) the shuttered C class lounge.

Wasnt really worth a wait for more than 2-3 minutes - it still felt packed and the food was mediocre.

bawm
bawm is offline  
Old Jul 26, 20, 7:54 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: LH SENATOR
Posts: 971
Originally Posted by bawm
Yesterday the lineup was at least 25 people long by the time I got in the lounge (when I joined the line, there were about 10 in front of me, took about 20 min). The lounge attendant would periodically go up and down the line, encouraging people to leave the line and explain they only have 66 seats (that must be the main section only). Tough argument to make as you are lined up along the windows of (and staring at) the shuttered C class lounge.

Wasnt really worth a wait for more than 2-3 minutes - it still felt packed and the food was mediocre.

bawm
Food in the C / SEN lounges was already medicore before, only thing good is the breakfast.
LXA350 is offline  
Old Jul 28, 20, 2:48 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR/ATH
Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Posts: 4,480
Was in the A ZRH lounge today, lovely breakfast of scrambled eggs made on demand and a few lovely fresh cheese and salami sandwiches.

only thing that I felt they can improve is to actually have fresh juice and not the cheap sugary stuff

lounge was reasonably busy, they had staff and higher up executives without a uniform welcoming arrivals in the lounge
ahmetdouas is offline  
Old Jul 28, 20, 8:13 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Posts: 651
I was at the A SEN lounge today for lunch. Great experience, no line up, decent food, tables were spaced out, etc. Was definitely worth the trek from D-gates - 1000x better than sitting at an empty gate for a couple of hours.
RWPhila, vantage03 and ahmetdouas like this.
yyztozag is offline  
Old Jul 30, 20, 1:49 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Programs: UA-1K
Posts: 35
ZRH A Lounge Showers

Are the showers available in this scaled down version of the SWISS A Lounge in ZRH?
RWPhila is offline  
Old Jul 30, 20, 5:41 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Posts: 651
Originally Posted by RWPhila
Are the showers available in this scaled down version of the SWISS A Lounge in ZRH?
nope, showers were closed.
yyztozag is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 4:50 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,387
Sen A at lunchtime today, busy but no queue.

F/HON section completely full, as with other reports here, we were lucky to get a seat. I dont know how they cant justify opening another space with reduced catering or whatever....

The limo service was also missed as we departed from a bus gate, at least the busses werent shoulder-to-shoulder full.
vantage03 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread