Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
They should just open up a section in the Business Class Lounge and use it as F / HON. There are kitchen facilities, hence they could also offer a food selection, ideally even a la carte. That's what EK did, they blocked off a section of their Business Class Lounge for First passengers including specific food / drink selection on demand. This will also create again more space for Business, SEN, FTL passengers if that blocked of section in the SEN lounge could be used again.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by LXA350
They should just open up a section in the Business Class Lounge and use it as F / HON. There are kitchen facilities, hence they could also offer a food selection, ideally even a la carte. That's what EK did, they blocked off a section of their Business Class Lounge for First passengers including specific food / drink selection on demand. This will also create again more space for Business, SEN, FTL passengers if that blocked of section in the SEN lounge could be used again.
The Business Class section is already open for SEN, FTL and C pax but accessible via the SEN entrance only.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Horizon lounge is opened today in GVA for pax looking for a gin fix.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:50 am

Currently in Zurich Senator A Lounge...busy but not that hard to find a seat...people seem to not notice that they opened up a way through the senator lounge that connects to what was the business lounge (I guess now it's one huge business lounge considering the HON people are separated in a small area by the entrance)...they have a lot more variety of food from what I remember last month...they have sandwiches, pasta, meatballs, some dessert thing and plenty of snacks like fruit, gummies, crackers and popcorn. The drinks now include wine (not sure if it was an odd day but last month when I was here they only had beer and soda).
more4less and Gioventu like this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: *G
I was at the Senator lounge A in ZRH a few weeks ago.

only this floor was open (it was in August 2020)

red wines

Beers, white wines

soft drinks

waters and snacks

coffee

Sandwitch

morning menu. not bad.
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:33 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Did the Sandwich and omelette taste as good as they look?
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Nick Art
One more reason to directly go to Sprngli just a few steps down the corridor on the same level.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:44 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
One more reason to directly go to Sprngli just a few steps down the corridor on the same level.
I wasn't actually being sarcastic, the omelette and Sandwich do look pretty good to me tbh...
Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Yeah! A staff cooked omelette after ordered, so very hot and tasty.
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
GVA
was there last week. Only the business class lounge is open. They keep a separate area for F/HON pax with no additional benefits that I could see.
Very limited f&b offerings. Staff paying high attention at disinfecting coffee machines etc after every usage.

HER
(contract) lounge closed. No voucher given.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
GVA
was there last week. Only the business class lounge is open. They keep a separate area for F/HON pax with no additional benefits that I could see.
Very limited f&b offerings. Staff paying high attention at disinfecting coffee machines etc after every usage.

HER
(contract) lounge closed. No voucher given.
Didn't really see disinfecting going on at the ZRH SEN lounge. toilets were dirty and that someone takes care of disinfecting coffe machines I didn't see, a big no go. They must have permanenlty someone cleaning the toiletes and disinfecting all touchable surfaces in the lounge. Well even when it comes to Aircraft cleaing, not sure if they really do any deep cleaning, at least not after every flight. I guess when it comes to COVID airlines like EK or EY really are doing a better job of keeping their cabins and lounges clean.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:54 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Live report from ZRH A lounge:

As the alpine lounge greeted me with a closed door this Sunday morning, I was directed to the A Senator lounge. Its quite busy here and they are serving breakfast at the moment. Not bad. Lets see if I can grab lunch before my flight as well.

PS now realizing that the Senator lounge is an exact mirror of the regular Business lounge, except this little lounge area (with the better drinks, I reckon).

Update at 11:30: Lunch was pretty tasty - lounge is still busy, but cleaning up is quick
cesco.g likes this.

Last edited by lightwalker; Oct 11, 2020 at 3:34 am
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: LXFF
Keep the updates coming. I've booked 2 of 4 long haul flights for next year (Feb, May, June, July)...hopefully one of them actually happens!
Old Oct 25, 2020, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
We can only hope that Swiss will open more lounge space soon. My wife flew yesterday ZRH-BOS and said the lounge was crowded with barely a place to sit. Food pathetic.
... and that was on a Saturday ... can't imagine that to be any better on a weekday!
Old Oct 25, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by cfischer
... and that was on a Saturday ... can't imagine that to be any better on a weekday!
Actually, I heard from friends at LX that weekends are much busier with leisure travel whereas weekdays are almost dead due to the near complete absence of business travel.

I was last through ZRH on Thursday evening. Normally prime consultant time, now a ghost town 😞

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.