Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Artemio
Cornèrcard: Visa or Mastercard
- Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 oct 2016 link

- Classic (140.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 10'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 May 2016 link

- Current promo: Early bird additional 10'000 miles bonus - until April 15 2016 link

Swisscard AECS: American Express + Mastercard
- Platinum Duo - American Express Platinum + Mastercard Gold (700.- annual fee, 1.2 mile / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 350.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Gold Duo - American Express Gold + Mastercard Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.75 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 110.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Classic Duo - American Express Silver + Mastercard Silver (120.- annual fee, 0.625 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / until 30 sept 2017
other promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / year around link here

Bonviva american express
- platinum (30’000 bonus miles, 480.- 1st y. fee, 1 mile / franc)
- gold (15'000 bonus miles, 240.- 1st y. fee, 0.75 mile / franc)
- classic (5'000 bonus miles, 90.- 1st y. fee, 0.50 mile / franc)
----not sure if I got this promotion right ????-------

Lufthansa Miles and More – possible as a swiss resident, open first a free DKB bank account, then apply for the LH miles and more creditcard. No current promotion, 1 mile / euro (= 0.9 miles / franc)

NEW from 01.11.16 cornercard miles and more (10'000 bonus miles, 250.-, 1 mile / fr.)

NEW # 2 Cornercard miles and more gold business (same conditions as the personal gold (220.-,....), but with 10'000 welcome bonus
Print Wikipost

List of credit card promotions for swiss residents (or CH bank account holders)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:18 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Thank you for the input! In terms of return per CHF spent, the M&M Gold Duo (with 2 miles per 2CHF on the Amex) and the two DC cards appear to be the best. Any Visa or MC that you would recommend?

P.S.: Thoughts on a checking account? Postfinance?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:14 am

If you are holding a US American passport, most banks will simply refuse to offer service to you.

I think Postfinance has - by law - to offer service to everyone, including US citizen but you will be checked extremely tight.

DC acceptance is very low (I had one.. Coop does accept it and a few restaurants..and I think SBB but you might want to pay by REKA there anyway for 3% off)

Amex acceptance is better but far from MC/Visa.

In terms of customer service, Cornerbank is best imho. Swisscard used to be rather bad but I had some good experience with them recently. Besides that, Maestro is a good backup card to have especially considering the superior exchange rate you get abroad (and the bad credit card acceptance in Germany together with more and more ATMs charging extra fees)

As a US citizen you probably wont be able to get a DKB card (free ATM use) so using cards when travelling through Europe will be of high importance to you.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:26 am
DTS

Thanks again. I don't want to take this too far off topic, though I am an EU citizen, and I already hold a DKB card...:-)
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks YuropFlyer for the infos above. Even though I don’t have an American passport (I have a UK one) there’s a lot of useful information there.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:50 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hi there

I currently only hold an UBS Visa Creditcard and a ZKB Mastercard (which I haven‘t used a single time and also do not plan to use in the future). While the keyclub points are fun and all, what credit card do you guys suggest I add?
My plan is to use that new credit card as my primary credit card (to make 1-2 purchases per month and a few online flight purchases per year) and my UBS visa credit card as a sort of *emergency backup*.
I‘ve been looking at the standard AMEX or the silver AMEX or the Miles&More card duo classic (AMEX + Mastercard).
As I don‘t use Miles&More that frequently (Only for EDW flights) (I credit to Eurobonus, but their credit card is only available for scandinavia) I‘m not sure what would be the better option.
Which card would you suggest?
Feel free to also suggest a totally different card!

PS: Does anybody know weither it is possible to manage a non-UBS credit card via UBS E-Banking (like the M&M or the AMEX)?
Meaning every month the bill is automatically paid via LSV and you are able to check the card account including the balance and the history?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:52 am
DTS

Pardon my nosiness: But why are you only using your CC twice a month, with the CC acceptance in CH (compared to DE) being pretty good?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:01 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by DTS
Pardon my nosiness: But why are you only using your CC twice a month, with the CC acceptance in CH (compared to DE) being pretty good?
I was expecting this question: It‘s quite simple: I use my debit card. I have a Maestro and a VPay for everyday use. I hardly ever use cash tbh.
I use my CC for online stuff, flights and hotels.

Last edited by Nick Art; Aug 24, 2018 at 3:33 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Hi there

I currently only hold an UBS Visa Creditcard and a ZKB Mastercard (which I haven‘t used a single time and also do not plan to use in the future). While the keyclub points are fun and all, what credit card do you guys suggest I add?
My plan is to use that new credit card as my primary credit card (to make 1-2 purchases per month and a few online flight purchases per year) and my UBS visa credit card as a sort of *emergency backup*.
I‘ve been looking at the standard AMEX or the silver AMEX or the Miles&More card duo classic (AMEX + Mastercard).
As I don‘t use Miles&More that frequently (Only for EDW flights) (I credit to Eurobonus, but their credit card is only available for scandinavia) I‘m not sure what would be the better option.
Which card would you suggest?
Feel free to also suggest a totally different card!

PS: Does anybody know weither it is possible to manage a non-UBS credit card via UBS E-Banking (like the M&M or the AMEX)?
Meaning every month the bill is automatically paid via LSV and you are able to check the card account including the balance and the history?
To answer your last question first, most credit cards, including all M&M cards, can work with the LSV or Paynet system.

The criteria could be:

- Yearly fees
- Surcharge for transactions abroad
- ApplePay/SamsunPay compatibility
- Miles/avoid miles' expiration for non status customers
- Priority pass
- Insurance package, in particular LDW/CDW for rental cars.

For me, the Swisscard M&M gold does the job, as it is free, works with ApplePay and gets me 1 mile for 1 CHF with the Amex. The surchage for transaction abroad is outrageous (2.5%), but I do not use the card abroad. It does not include priority pass (but my work card has it, so I do not care) and does not include LDW/CDW (but it is generally only useful for car rental in the US, and my US CC has it).

If you plan to use the card for foreign transaction, the M&M Corner Bank CC (and probably other less expensive CCs by Corner Bank), has only 1.2% surcharge, which is one of the lowest in the Swiss market.

If you need additionnal services (priority pass and LDW/CDW), you should be looking at more expensive, generally platinum products.

If you plan to use your card only in Switzerland and do not care about extras and miles, any free credit card does the job.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nic33
If you need additionnal services (priority pass and LDW/CDW), you should be looking at more expensive, generally platinum products.
Corner M&M Gold cards come with a travel insurance that includes CDW as well.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by goliath
Corner M&M Gold cards come with a travel insurance that includes CDW as well.
True, but it is a partial one that covers the CDW deductible up to CHF 10'000.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
20k miles instead of 2k on the "SWISS Miles & More Classic credit card duo"
https://www.miles-and-more-cards.ch/...er_OKT18_DEZ18
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's worth noting that this offer runs only to December 15th, not to the end of the year. Wasn't there an offer recently which consisted of 25,000 miles? Maybe I was dreaming, a very plausible scenario.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
I just saw there is a Cornercard promo for 30k (IIRC highest ever).
https://www.cornercard.ch/de/privatk...les-more-gold/
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question on behalf of a friend. Does taking out a Cornercard M&M card protect your miles against expiry? Because there are two types of M&M card in Switzerland, right?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes, after three months and if you use it at least once a month.
Link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.