Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Artemio
Cornèrcard: Visa or Mastercard
- Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 oct 2016 link

- Classic (140.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 10'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 May 2016 link

- Current promo: Early bird additional 10'000 miles bonus - until April 15 2016 link

Swisscard AECS: American Express + Mastercard
- Platinum Duo - American Express Platinum + Mastercard Gold (700.- annual fee, 1.2 mile / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 350.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Gold Duo - American Express Gold + Mastercard Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.75 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 110.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Classic Duo - American Express Silver + Mastercard Silver (120.- annual fee, 0.625 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / until 30 sept 2017
other promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / year around link here

Bonviva american express
- platinum (30’000 bonus miles, 480.- 1st y. fee, 1 mile / franc)
- gold (15'000 bonus miles, 240.- 1st y. fee, 0.75 mile / franc)
- classic (5'000 bonus miles, 90.- 1st y. fee, 0.50 mile / franc)
----not sure if I got this promotion right ????-------

Lufthansa Miles and More – possible as a swiss resident, open first a free DKB bank account, then apply for the LH miles and more creditcard. No current promotion, 1 mile / euro (= 0.9 miles / franc)

NEW from 01.11.16 cornercard miles and more (10'000 bonus miles, 250.-, 1 mile / fr.)

NEW # 2 Cornercard miles and more gold business (same conditions as the personal gold (220.-,....), but with 10'000 welcome bonus
Print Wikipost

List of credit card promotions for swiss residents (or CH bank account holders)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2021, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks GalaxyChris, although the link you provide just leads me straight into my account (through the usual sign-in procedure). I see that the statements exist in PDF format there, so I am not quite sure why they keep sending me paper versions. Anyway, it's not so important.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:50 am

Good offer
America Express Gold with 30,000 points, no annual fee in the 1st year and a Priority Pass
With the Friends Promocode WA15KU2FR you even get another 15000 Membership Rewards points
Total 45000 Points

Check it out
americanexpress.ch/de/karten/privatkunden-karten/gold-card
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The thing with that is once the free year is up I don't think that there is a free AMEX in Switzerland like elsewhere, which you would need in order to keep your MR account going. Other option is just cash in the points and completely close the AMEX account, of course.

A year of so ago AMEX Platinum in Switzerland had an interesting offer with a pile of points which almost made the CHF500 or so fee worth the investment. Then came Corona...

ETA- actually, for CHF300 the included benefits really are not too bad. So it might be worth keeping it some years. 45,000 MR points is worth the effort here. I couldn't see what sort of Priority Pass is offered. Does it allow free entry to all lounges? Can you take a guest?

Last edited by Concerto; Jun 22, 2021 at 9:50 pm Reason: further thoughts
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:48 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
I wonder what benefits you found attractive, because I saw nothing that would interest me.
- the miles earning at CHF 2 per mile is lousy. You can do better with Diners or others.
- priority pass must be base level, which is paid access. (Otherwise it would certainly say.) that has zero value for me
- nothing otherwise useful or better than any other card

The biggest single drawback is that the card is issued by AECS, which still holds the title of the worst company in terms of customer service which I have dealt with.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see. Thank you for the feedback, that is good to know. I wonder, should I be driving most of my Swiss daily purchases through Diners Club rather than the Cornèrcard Visa (I think Cornèr run both of them)? Not sure about the acceptance rate of DC in Switzerland.

Need to make a big opticians purchase soon, was wondering whether to use the Cornèrnard Visa or the German M&M credit card (in Euros) because this latter has a double miles promo in July.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:35 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
DC is not too bad for big shops (Globus, Migros, Coop, CFF) so I used to use it for my every day expenses. But after some calculations, I figured it's actually better to just get cashback instead of miles.

I have the DC to keep my miles alive (coupled with the Cornercard Mastercard, comes in a dual-card package). I try to reach the 6000CHF per year to get 5 lounge passes and then I switch it all to my Cashback card.
Corner is better than AECS but for DC, the card interface at the shops is in German.... I called them, thinking it was an issue with my account setup but I was told that for now, it's only in German. No big deal if it works but if you get an error message, it's always better to read it in English at least (if not French).
Both are handled by Cornercard but it's still managed separately.... I don't get it. So when you order the cards, you receive the MC first and a few weeks later, the DC....
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was just unsure if the Diner's Club was eligible for this year's double status miles promotion. Do you get only paper statements from DC too? (DC brings a very loud echo of Diamond Club of bmi British Midland into my mind!)
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:15 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
I was just unsure if the Diner's Club was eligible for this year's double status miles promotion. Do you get only paper statements from DC too? (DC brings a very loud echo of Diamond Club of bmi British Midland into my mind!)
Don't know about the promo but yes, you get a paper statement from DC/Corner, even though I asked for digital only but they still send paper.... as I said, it's managed separately from other Corner cards.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:18 pm

does anyone know, if I have a UK Amex Card with MR points, can I hold a Swiss Amex card with MR points also?
I assume the two MR accounts are held separately, as the earning/redemption rates seem to be different.

next question... in the UK, you can cancel your card at any time during the year, and get a pro-rata refund - anyone know if this is possible for the Amex cards in Switzerland? (thinking Plat).
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Am I the only one who's still waiting for the double miles form Cornercard for the fall promo to post?
The promo itself ran until the end of September, and the miles should have credited by the end of October, but I did not get them so far.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got mine, I think. It's sometimes a bit hard to tell exactly where things come from on the account. On 6th September I got something called Doppelte Meilen Juli but that was for the LH card in Germany.

I see that for new applicants (such as myself) for the SWISS Miles & More credit card there is an offer of 25,000 miles and a lowered fee of CHF110 for the first year. Not sure if it's worth going for, because I have too many cards now.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Concerto

I see that for new applicants (such as myself) for the SWISS Miles & More credit card there is an offer of 25,000 miles and a lowered fee of CHF110 for the first year. Not sure if it's worth going for, because I have too many cards now.
are there any rules about how many times you can get a sign up bonus on these M&M or Amex cards in Switzerland ? For example in the U.K. you have to wait 2 years after closing a card before you become eligible for another signup bonus.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a good question. I really don't know because I haven't churned cards here. I think in Germany you need 12 months between cancelling and reapplying for a card.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I have been refused the card once after I tried to sign up again for extra bonus miles within 12 months following the cancellation of my previous card.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just read the small print and it says you have to have been 18 months without the same card before you can apply again and get the bonus.

Out of interest, is it only the SWISS Miles & More card that prevents expiry, or do the Cornèr cards protect you from expiry too? Just in case I end up downgrading my M&M account to basic member (although I also have the German M&M card).
Subman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.