Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Artemio
Cornèrcard: Visa or Mastercard
- Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 oct 2016 link

- Classic (140.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 10'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 May 2016 link

- Current promo: Early bird additional 10'000 miles bonus - until April 15 2016 link

Swisscard AECS: American Express + Mastercard
- Platinum Duo - American Express Platinum + Mastercard Gold (700.- annual fee, 1.2 mile / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 350.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Gold Duo - American Express Gold + Mastercard Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.75 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 110.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Classic Duo - American Express Silver + Mastercard Silver (120.- annual fee, 0.625 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / until 30 sept 2017
other promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / year around link here

Bonviva american express
- platinum (30’000 bonus miles, 480.- 1st y. fee, 1 mile / franc)
- gold (15'000 bonus miles, 240.- 1st y. fee, 0.75 mile / franc)
- classic (5'000 bonus miles, 90.- 1st y. fee, 0.50 mile / franc)
----not sure if I got this promotion right ????-------

Lufthansa Miles and More – possible as a swiss resident, open first a free DKB bank account, then apply for the LH miles and more creditcard. No current promotion, 1 mile / euro (= 0.9 miles / franc)

NEW from 01.11.16 cornercard miles and more (10'000 bonus miles, 250.-, 1 mile / fr.)

NEW # 2 Cornercard miles and more gold business (same conditions as the personal gold (220.-,....), but with 10'000 welcome bonus
Print Wikipost

List of credit card promotions for swiss residents (or CH bank account holders)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Customer service is really an issue that needs to be addressed in Switzerland, not only with companies like this but in many shops and restaurants too. They seem to conveniently forget that without tourism and a solid customer service, Switzerland would be nothing.

So far, my adventures with Cornèrcard and Viseca have been uneventful. However I got given the blue Cornèrcard rather than the gold one and have been told I can upgrade for free. I think I just have to fill out the form and send it in, without all the usual residence and salary requirements.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by airoli
For reference, I had the exact same issue (refund to credit card no longer in use) with Cornercard a few months ago. And the process was exactly the same as LoungeLizzard describes. Phone call, then written request with my account details for them to transfer the balance owned.
...and you had e-billing to your bank account enabled as well, and this was also the only way Cornercard contacted you? (i.e. via statement / credit note to the bank account? The same bank account where they had always debited their invoices to, but to which they would not simply refund the money?)

I found that procedure from Swisscard inefficient, unnecessary and far too bureaucratic. It will end up costing them and me more in wasted time and money than the small amount at stake.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Feb 21, 2020 at 3:19 pm
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my case I just set up a simple direct debit to the bank, a Lastschrift (or LSV), and it's worked fine with no issues so far. They sent me a form to fill out and I gave it to the bank. With Viseca it didn't work so well initially and I ended up with a few late payment charges because the sums were not debited and I happened to be away for about 6 weeks. In the end they refunded the fees.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
...and you had e-billing to your bank account enabled as well, and this was also the only way Cornercard contacted you?
I do not have e-billing enabled, and I called Cornercard about the (significant) refund long before they might or might not have contacted me.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:52 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Anyone tried to cancel their Amex Platinum and had experiences with retention offers ?

Not really that I'm interested, the annual fee increase to 900 CHF (from 850) makes an already overpriced card even more, especially in light of the fact that nobody can use the card's benefits right now.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really glad I didn't apply for this card, although I got jolly close to doing so. They offered me 115,000 MR points if I went ahead and completed my application, which was tempting at the initial half price fee of CHF425 for the card. But that's 425 francs I very much need for other things right now! As for 900 francs, that's too much. All these companies are really going to have to reinvent themselves after this is over.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Aarrggghhh! Come on, AECS! Get your act together.

More than a month after I had received a credit note from them for a refund on a cancelled card, I had called them in mid February to ask why they‘re not paying it out.
They asked me to send my bank details (which they had, otherwise they could not send the credit note to that account).
So I had sent them the details, including IBAN and BIC via regular mail the next day. A priority letter takes one day.

and then...

nothing happened.

for a month.

and then...

they sent me a letter, asking to send them my bank details, or they will park the amount. (Probably somewhere in their basement, where the light does not shine.)

Really? Can it be that they have a little problem in the mailroom?
it would explain why I had never received a reply to any letter I had sent them while I was still a customer.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Aarrggghhh! Come on, AECS! Get your act together.

More than a month after I had received a credit note from them for a refund on a cancelled card, I had called them in mid February to ask why they‘re not paying it out.
They asked me to send my bank details (which they had, otherwise they could not send the credit note to that account).
So I had sent them the details, including IBAN and BIC via regular mail the next day. A priority letter takes one day.

and then...

nothing happened.

for a month.

and then...

they sent me a letter, asking to send them my bank details, or they will park the amount. (Probably somewhere in their basement, where the light does not shine.)

Really? Can it be that they have a little problem in the mailroom?
it would explain why I had never received a reply to any letter I had sent them while I was still a customer.
I don't know how much money is at stake but maybe it's worth the fee to send the letter by registered mail with signature required?
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think mmff has got a good point. I think it's not only the airlines who are going to get squiggly over refunds of any nature, but also the credit cards (I very much remember them grabbing for money back during some incident in the early 2000s, which might very well have been the SARS scare now I come to think about it).
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Just in by e-mail, double miles on the Corner Visa and MC until 31MAY2020:

Doppelte Prämienmeilen für all Ihre Einkäufe

Angebot gültig bis 31. Mai 2020

Wir versuchen, Sie besonders in diesen schwierigen Zeiten zu unterstützen, und wollen mit Ihnen gemeinsam positiv in die Zukunft blicken.

Schwierige Phasen kann man unserer Meinung nach am besten durch Zusammenhalt überwinden – so bereitet man sich auf bessere Zeiten vor. Mehr denn je steht dabei auch Cornèrcard an Ihrer Seite.

Durch eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit möchten wir Ihnen entgegenkommen: Wir offerieren Ihnen bis 31. Mai 2020 doppelt so viele Prämienmeilen für all Ihre Einkäufe mit der Cornèrcard Miles & More Classic oder Gold Visa oder Mastercard® – nämlich 1 Prämienmeile pro CHF 1 Kartenumsatz. Ganz egal, ob Sie ein neues Streaming-Abo abschliessen, online shoppen oder Ihre Lebensmitteleinkäufe im Supermarkt kontaktlos mit Karte oder Mobile Payment bezahlen möchten.

Bleiben Sie gesund!

Davide Rigamonti
Head of Cornèrcard
This means I will be using the Corner Visa Gold instead of the AECS Amex Gold now. Both now generate the same amount of miles per CHF spent, but only the Visa generates a yearly spending bonus on top.

I will also use the Corners Visa instead of the Corner Diners now, because the Visa can be used contactless.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just noticed this too. It looks like you don't have to register, it happens automatically, right? I'm not spending so much right now, but the supermarkets are getting all my spend!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes, no registration necessary.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 7:17 am

I hope this is the best thread to use.
I have a tiny amount of Miles and More points as in recent years I've been flying long haul mostly with Cathay so have 41,000 Asiamiles, not much but almost enough to get something decent.
Anyway, I live in Switzerland and see that Swiss Miles and More Card have a promotion again so I could get 20,000 welcome miles and earn 1.5 award miles2for every CHF 2, as I could easily switch to paying stuff using that card rather than my debit card I could probably spend CHF20,000 per year, i.e. 15,0000 miles per year.
Post-corona I will be flying to Asia, especially Japan at least once a year and to Australia every few years as well as several European flights per year so it seems that in a year or two I could amass a decent amount of miles.
However, Swiss don't seem very transparent when it comes to how many miles are awarded for flights and how many are needed to redeem the miles on flights.

Would switching to their cards make sense for someone like me?

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not meaning to brush past the previous post,. which I hope someone can help the OP with.

But is there any point in shifting most spend over to the Cornercard Diners? Will it qualify for the double status miles offer on M&M cards this year? I find it odd that we get traditional paper statements from Diners with no online option of PDF statements.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:58 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Concerto
Not meaning to brush past the previous post,. which I hope someone can help the OP with.

But is there any point in shifting most spend over to the Cornercard Diners? Will it qualify for the double status miles offer on M&M cards this year? I find it odd that we get traditional paper statements from Diners with no online option of PDF statements.
I have the Corner Diner, you need to subscribe to get the pdf and online statement.
https://eaccount.dinersclub.ch/#!/login

Normally the Corner cards are included with the MM promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.