Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Artemio
Cornèrcard: Visa or Mastercard
- Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 oct 2016 link

- Classic (140.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 10'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 May 2016 link

- Current promo: Early bird additional 10'000 miles bonus - until April 15 2016 link

Swisscard AECS: American Express + Mastercard
- Platinum Duo - American Express Platinum + Mastercard Gold (700.- annual fee, 1.2 mile / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 350.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Gold Duo - American Express Gold + Mastercard Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.75 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 110.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Classic Duo - American Express Silver + Mastercard Silver (120.- annual fee, 0.625 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / until 30 sept 2017
other promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / year around link here

Bonviva american express
- platinum (30’000 bonus miles, 480.- 1st y. fee, 1 mile / franc)
- gold (15'000 bonus miles, 240.- 1st y. fee, 0.75 mile / franc)
- classic (5'000 bonus miles, 90.- 1st y. fee, 0.50 mile / franc)
----not sure if I got this promotion right ????-------

Lufthansa Miles and More – possible as a swiss resident, open first a free DKB bank account, then apply for the LH miles and more creditcard. No current promotion, 1 mile / euro (= 0.9 miles / franc)

NEW from 01.11.16 cornercard miles and more (10'000 bonus miles, 250.-, 1 mile / fr.)

NEW # 2 Cornercard miles and more gold business (same conditions as the personal gold (220.-,....), but with 10'000 welcome bonus
Print Wikipost

List of credit card promotions for swiss residents (or CH bank account holders)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:03 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Concerto
Oh dear, it's a bit on the late side to turn all that around and make a successful application and then convert the Membership Rewards Points. It's just a question of time, as usual. Are these conversion offers a regular thing, or is this a one off?

ETA - found the link. How long will it take to be processed? Is this feasible by the end of the month?
i would say too tight. It took me a while to receive the card though the 100k posted instantly.

I’m personally facing trouble doing the transfer. Every time it tells me to try again later. Sent a message on Wednesday to the support email listed a ticket was opened the same day but nobody has replied yet. Very annoying. Anyone have experience whether points transfer can be requested by phone ?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, I agree and think it is not worth the hassle at the moment. I expect the conversion bonus offer will come around again at some point, but has it happened before? Is the 100,000 Membership Rewards points an ongoing offer? Of course, if they unexpectedly extend the offer, that would change things.
I broke off my application because I felt that it probably wouldn't go through in time for the end of the month, and I have been receiving emails urging me to complete it. Clicking on it involved having a code sent to me phone, and I realized my phone wasn't working properly (emergency calls only). So off I go to sunrise this afternoon to sort it out!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: LH*S
First of all, many thanks for this info. For once, it pays off not to transfer everything as soon as you get it (got my platinum card a couple of months ago).
WOW, 2k chf worth of miles for 420.- ..
I had the same troubles with the internet self-transfer. So, I called the number on the back of the card on Friday and they were aware of this problem.
I asked for the transfer and they told me that I would get it by today (Monday) as their back-office were handling these requests manually. And that I would get an email confirmation once it was done.

Will keep you posted.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:28 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by pedrin
First of all, many thanks for this info. For once, it pays off not to transfer everything as soon as you get it (got my platinum card a couple of months ago).
WOW, 2k chf worth of miles for 420.- ..
I had the same troubles with the internet self-transfer. So, I called the number on the back of the card on Friday and they were aware of this problem.
I asked for the transfer and they told me that I would get it by today (Monday) as their back-office were handling these requests manually. And that I would get an email confirmation once it was done.

Will keep you posted.
On my side I've kept trying a few times and actually got 2x 1000 miles and 2x 10k miles to work - both got sent to M&M very quickly. But that still leaves me with 80k+ I'd like to transfer. But very buggy and have tried about a 100 times in total trying all sorts of amounts.

I sent an email to the address listed they opened a ticket but haven't replied since. Not really a great service.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: LH*S
An update on the AMEX 100k -> M&M 100k. Got them :-)
So, my experience with the web site was cr*p as well... then I remembered that the card comes with a nice concierge and phone services.
I called the number on the back of the card and went for option "3". Then, they said they would do it in a couple of days and they did.
Many thanks to Tom_CH for the info.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I keep getting messages from AMEX Switzerland exhorting me to complete my application. They have now offered me 15,000 more MR points if I complete it, so that means a total of 115,000 points. I am getting quite tempted by this. What do you guys think? If I am successful, then hold on to the card into the second year (in the hope of another 1:1 promotion coming, if it doesn't show up by this time next year) then cancel a bit later, does AMEX give a pro rata refund of the fee for the unused part of the year after cancellation?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
does AMEX give a pro rata refund of the fee for the unused part of the year after cancellation?
I never got any refund when I cancelled my miles and more Amex card, but it would not have been much anyway, so I let it go.

Even though the miles and more cards are not identical with the regular AMEX cards, both seem to be issued by AECS, which is a company I simply do not want to do business with anymore.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:53 pm
GVA

I keep getting messages from AMEX Switzerland exhorting me to complete my application. They have now offered me 15,000 more MR points if I complete it, so that means a total of 115,000 points. I am getting quite tempted by this. What do you guys think? If I am successful, then hold on to the card into the second year (in the hope of another 1:1 promotion coming, if it doesn't show up by this time next year) then cancel a bit later, does AMEX give a pro rata refund of the fee for the unused part of the year after cancellation?

Pretty sure none of the Swiss issuers give any refunds on the annual fee. At least I've never had it. Cornercard tried to invoice me annual fees on a card I cancelled and sent me a new card on a different account that had been cancelled a few months before. Easily got them to cancel both, but still.

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
I never got any refund when I cancelled my miles and more Amex card, but it would not have been much anyway, so I let it go.

Even though the miles and more cards are not identical with the regular AMEX cards, both seem to be issued by AECS, which is a company I simply do not want to do business with anymore.
What type of issues did you have with AECS ? I've certainly never had any trouble with them, they gave me sign up bonuses I wasn't necessarily entitled to (had opened an Amex Gold then 2 weeks after the Amex Platinum offer came around, I asked to cancel and apply for the Gold, got both offers despite them not being for existing Amex cardholders).

By far the worst issuer in CH in my eyes is Viseca. Continually ran into issues where my ebills would bounce, I would see it but pay them 2-3 days late in full every month. They never wanted to waive those fees and threatened to reduce my credit limit and cancel my card. I keep the card because it keeps my FB miles active and extended warranty, but otherwise it would be long gone.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:25 am

Hi - out of curiosity, what are the financial requirements to apply for the amex platinum (not the M&M)? Is it worth the fees?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard

Similar feelings here - but haven't found any card that has the same level travel benefits as AMEX Platinum, even if there Travel Agency (TEN Lifestyle Services) are fairly useless. Always get quite frustrated by the minimal service and offerings AECS/Swisscard provide compared to Platinum in Germany, the UK or elsewhere. So very happy for any advice....
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by GVA
What type of issues did you have with AECS ? I've certainly never had any trouble with them ...
It started with little things which I do not consider fair business practice, like for example backdating of their invoices.
Even second class letters do not need half a month to make it to my mailbox.

The straw that broke the camel's back was that they all of a sudden - after more than 10 years - kept insisting that they needed to verify my identity, because my credit was over a certain limit and they claimed that it was a Swiss law which required them to do so. I replied to them in writing, several times, that I'd expect them to be able to verify rather easily that my credit limit was not - as they claimed - over that amount.

Nothing - nada - never a reply to any of my letters, but they kept on sending their standard request again and again.
Of course they do not need to read mails, because they do not consider electronic communication as something one might find useful these days, so also that route never produced any result.
Have you tried to contact them via the contact form? - It reminded me a bit of the LX lurker here: "Please send only praise. We'll ignore the rest. - Actually, we ignore you completely".
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds really quite offputting. I think the complaints above refer to the M&M Miles & More card, which I don't have as yet. The cards I have are Cornèrcard Miles & More and Viseca Flying Blue, neither of which have given me any grief so far. Viseca uses a rather horrible platform called "one" which doesn't work properly and I really don't like it.

Concerning the recent 1:1 offer for transferring MR points from AMEX to miles, how often does that sort of promotion come around? Just wondering if I take the AMEX Platinum with the reduced fee for the first year if I stand the chance of seeing the same promotion some time next year!
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:17 pm
GVA

Originally Posted by fmpacheco
Hi - out of curiosity, what are the financial requirements to apply for the amex platinum (not the M&M)? Is it worth the fees?

Pretty much no more financial requirements anymore. It used to be 120+ k like bonviva platinum, but I guess Credit Suisse/Swisscard saw they were reaching a maximum number of people with such a requirement and target millennials more aggressively now. Personally I think as long as they keep their extortionate FTF they won't get many people in the under 30 crowd for whom Revolut is a very compelling offering. Swisscard has also lost all my foreign spending in favour of more creative techniques I've come up with.

Concerning the recent 1:1 offer for transferring MR points from AMEX to miles, how often does that sort of promotion come around? Just wondering if I take the AMEX Platinum with the reduced fee for the first year if I stand the chance of seeing the same promotion some time next year!
I think the 100k offer with half price annual fee is a very good offer, made even better recently with the 1:1. There's some value to obtain with hotel status and priority pass. The amex travel is useless for me as I can't be bothered calling. Also, the normal burn rate isn't that good outside a 1:1 promotion (can't comment how often they do those). All that to say, I won't be renewing my card beyond the first year, 850 CHF AF is just crazy.

I'd personally sign up, wait until the next interesting offer comes up and transfer at that point. Important note that when you cancel your card all points are forfeited. The annual fee also hits your first invoice.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Does someone have the German MM Credit Card and the Swiss MM Card Card Duo at the same time?

I have the German SEN Credit Card Gold (DKB) for a long time but will move back to CH next summer and would like to have them as well but not give up my German one due to some better insurance conditions...

Any experience?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes, I have both. My wife and many colleagues do as well. No issues.
Gioventu likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.