Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Artemio
Cornèrcard: Visa or Mastercard
- Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 oct 2016 link

- Classic (140.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 10'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 May 2016 link

- Current promo: Early bird additional 10'000 miles bonus - until April 15 2016 link

Swisscard AECS: American Express + Mastercard
- Platinum Duo - American Express Platinum + Mastercard Gold (700.- annual fee, 1.2 mile / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 350.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Gold Duo - American Express Gold + Mastercard Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.75 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 110.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Classic Duo - American Express Silver + Mastercard Silver (120.- annual fee, 0.625 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / until 30 sept 2017
other promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / year around link here

Bonviva american express
- platinum (30’000 bonus miles, 480.- 1st y. fee, 1 mile / franc)
- gold (15'000 bonus miles, 240.- 1st y. fee, 0.75 mile / franc)
- classic (5'000 bonus miles, 90.- 1st y. fee, 0.50 mile / franc)
----not sure if I got this promotion right ????-------

Lufthansa Miles and More – possible as a swiss resident, open first a free DKB bank account, then apply for the LH miles and more creditcard. No current promotion, 1 mile / euro (= 0.9 miles / franc)

NEW from 01.11.16 cornercard miles and more (10'000 bonus miles, 250.-, 1 mile / fr.)

NEW # 2 Cornercard miles and more gold business (same conditions as the personal gold (220.-,....), but with 10'000 welcome bonus
Print Wikipost

List of credit card promotions for swiss residents (or CH bank account holders)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SWR
PS: I never paid the 1,2 % (Cornèr) foreign transaction fee when I bought something on the swiss online shop of a foreign company and paid in CHF E.g. BA + AF for flights ex-ZRH/GVA, but also Avis for the Porsche First Class Excitement in FRA billed in CHF from the Avis CH, Europcar same stuff, Hermès or other fashion brands idem...
And all of these were after March 2016? Cornercard introduced this fee on April, 1, 2016. Here are a few examples from my statements - these were all flight bookings in CHF ex-ZRH:
Attached Images    
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:05 am
SWR

Thanks for the info Goliath!
Let's see if they waive the fee for me as well or not, if they don't I will cancel it.

Originally Posted by goliath
And all of these were after March 2016? Cornercard introduced this fee on April, 1, 2016. Here are a few examples from my statements - these were all flight bookings in CHF ex-ZRH:
You're actually right! My AF + BA flights were booked before April but flown during summer... But still Europcar was from the last week, and Avis in Frankfurt was in september, and no fees were billed....
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
20k miles, 1s year 60.-, for the swiss miles and more classic duo, until feb 15th
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:36 am

Swisscard dropped the 300.- LX voucher from amex platinum/amex gold plus perks

Why are they shooting on their own foot?

Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Glarus
Swisscard dropped the 300.- LX voucher from amex platinum/amex gold plus perks

Why are they shooting on their own foot?

Same reason they keep charging Swiss for Credit card use.
they ignore laws and claim they dont apply to Switzerland..

As a 100% German company..
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: LX SEN
https://www.miles-and-more-cards.ch/.../statusmember/

You still benefit from a voucher in the amount of your yearly fees unless you pay zero as a SEN/HON for the gold/silver card. But is is true that the platinum card appears to have no more voucher.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
You still benefit from a voucher in the amount of your yearly fees unless you pay zero as a SEN/HON for the gold/silver card.
Which has been the case as long as I can remember - and is in according to their terms:

You receive SWISS flight vouchers worth the annual fee you paid for your principal card every year (max. 300 CHF)
If you are SEN, the annual fee you paid is 0 CHF, therefore you get no voucher.

But there definitely used to be a voucher for the Platinum cards in earlier years.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Which has been the case as long as I can remember - and is in according to their terms:

If you are SEN, the annual fee you paid is 0 CHF, therefore you get no voucher.

But there definitely used to be a voucher for the Platinum cards in earlier years.
If Swisscard decides to reduce the annual fee for the Amex Platinum card for SENs from 700 to 400 CHF by leaving out the 300 CHF voucher, I do not care, as I always found it a pain to redeem the 300 CHF voucher in time as there were so many conditions attached. But if they do not, this would be a bummer, as this is basically a 75% increase in annual fees!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
If Swisscard decides to reduce the annual fee for the Amex Platinum card for SENs from 700 to 400 CHF by leaving out the 300 CHF voucher, I do not care, as I always found it a pain to redeem the 300 CHF voucher in time as there were so many conditions attached. But if they do not, this would be a bummer, as this is basically a 75% increase in annual fees!
If they did, they should do it for all cardholders, regardless of status - they all pay the same annual fee today and all got the CHF 300 voucher in the past.

Although, I highly doubt they will do anything...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
If they did, they should do it for all cardholders, regardless of status - they all pay the same annual fee today and all got the CHF 300 voucher in the past.

Although, I highly doubt they will do anything...
It may be a glitch of the website, as the voucher is still shown as part of the value pack for the SEN+HON gold/gold (300 CHF voucher for the 300 CHF annual fee) and silver/silver (180 CHF voucher for the 180 CHF annual fee) card duos, only for the platinum/gold card duo only the useless LX C vouchers are shown as part of the value pack.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Here is a 20K promo again for the CLASSIC duo, until 30.09.17
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:38 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Ouch I canceled their card a bit more than a year ago and tried re-applying for this offer and got rejected... ooops.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:13 am
Original Poster

20k miles at cornercard duo (visa + diners), free the first year and 220.- (instead of 470.- ) the next years....
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:38 am

Does it require minimum spending in order to credit the miles? Can you get out before the year ends, not pay any early fee and still get the 20k miles?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:18 am

Allfällige Angebote der Bank für Welcome-Bonus Prämienmeilen richten sich exklusiv an neue Kunden, welche noch keine Cornèrcard Miles & More Kreditkarte besitzen bzw. diese nicht in den letzten sechs Monaten gekündigt haben. Die Bank behält sich zudem vor, die Welcome-Bonus Prämienmeilen zu stornieren, wenn der Kartenvertrag seitens des Karteninhabers vor Ablauf von 12 Monaten nach Ausstellung der Karte gekündigt wird.
I guess if you don't pay the first yearly fee you don't get any miles. Can any of our German-speaking FTers kindly confirm this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.