Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Artemio
Cornèrcard: Visa or Mastercard
- Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 oct 2016 link

- Classic (140.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 10'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 May 2016 link

- Current promo: Early bird additional 10'000 miles bonus - until April 15 2016 link

Swisscard AECS: American Express + Mastercard
- Platinum Duo - American Express Platinum + Mastercard Gold (700.- annual fee, 1.2 mile / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 350.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Gold Duo - American Express Gold + Mastercard Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.75 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 110.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Classic Duo - American Express Silver + Mastercard Silver (120.- annual fee, 0.625 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / until 30 sept 2017
other promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / year around link here

Bonviva american express
- platinum (30’000 bonus miles, 480.- 1st y. fee, 1 mile / franc)
- gold (15'000 bonus miles, 240.- 1st y. fee, 0.75 mile / franc)
- classic (5'000 bonus miles, 90.- 1st y. fee, 0.50 mile / franc)
----not sure if I got this promotion right ????-------

Lufthansa Miles and More – possible as a swiss resident, open first a free DKB bank account, then apply for the LH miles and more creditcard. No current promotion, 1 mile / euro (= 0.9 miles / franc)

NEW from 01.11.16 cornercard miles and more (10'000 bonus miles, 250.-, 1 mile / fr.)

NEW # 2 Cornercard miles and more gold business (same conditions as the personal gold (220.-,....), but with 10'000 welcome bonus
Print Wikipost

List of credit card promotions for swiss residents (or CH bank account holders)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I have quit using Cornercard after they introduced the 1.2% surcharge on CHF transactions "abroad", meaning if you purchase an airfare ex-CH in CHF with BA, KL, AB (those were the ones I tried before I stopped using Cornercard) you pay 1.2% on top.

The biggest joke in this regard is the BA branded card they have. It gives you 1 Avio per CHF spent with BA (instead of the regular 0.5 Avios per CHF), but then they charge you an extra 1.2% on those purchases, even if you pay in CHF (because BA charges your card in CHF "from abroad").
Old Oct 11, 2016, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Glarus
I can´t find this magazine anywhere. I´d appreciate if you could upload it
Sorry, it's a paper magazine. Here is the picture of it, if the link works http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...826IMG0086.jpg

Originally Posted by goliath
I have quit using Cornercard after they introduced the 1.2% surcharge on CHF transactions "abroad", meaning if you purchase an airfare ex-CH in CHF with BA, KL, AB (those were the ones I tried before I stopped using Cornercard) you pay 1.2% on top.

The biggest joke in this regard is the BA branded card they have. It gives you 1 Avio per CHF spent with BA (instead of the regular 0.5 Avios per CHF), but then they charge you an extra 1.2% on those purchases, even if you pay in CHF (because BA charges your card in CHF "from abroad").
Good to know, thx for the info.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:33 am

The credit card scenario for M&M in Europe is not looking any good, especially after the recent devaluation of the DKB offer in Germany, which I have used in the past for my expenses in EUR.

I might look into the M&M Amex options in CH again. Does anyone here have it?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:52 am
SWR

As per Artemio's link Cornèrcard is launching a new Diners Club Miles & More card with a ratio of 1 mile per 1 chf spent!!! This is pretty a good deal!!! Especially compared with the direct competitor SWISS Miles & More Amex Gold, they cost pretty much the same (AE 220 CHF, DC 250 CHF) but you get more miles with DC and on top of that the foreign currencies transaction fees are lower with DC (2,0% compared to 2,5% of Amex).

Welcome bonus for new customers: AE 15.000 miles, DC 10.000 miles
Yearly fee: AE 220 chf , DC 250 chf
Partner card: AE 80 chf, DC 50 chf
Foreign currency fee: AE 2,5%, DC 2%
Miles/CHF ratio: AE 1,5 : 2 chf; DC 2 : 2 chf
Insurances: Pretty much the same stuff
Annual bonus: AE n.a., DC up to 5000 miles (with the Cornèr Visa M&M Gold you get 5000 miles if you spend more than 30.000 chf per year)

I'm seriously considering switching from my SWISS M&M Gold Amex to this new Cornèr M&M Diners Club. The only doubt is the acceptance rate of DC cards in Switzerland. Do you have any hints? Is it accepted at (e.g.): Migros, COOP, Ikea, Interdiscount, Digitec, Manor, Migrol, Coop Pronto, SBB, Restaurants, Hotels, Car rentals? How is your experience? Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:56 am

That's a total joke then. I do like Corner in the past, but if they start this kind of Shenangians, I'm off them quicker than they can say Lugano.

Not that Swisscard AECS is any better, though.. I might simply use my DKB much more (yes, they also increase their charges more and more.. the good times are clearly over..)
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SWR
The only doubt is the acceptance rate of DC cards in Switzerland. Do you have any hints? Is it accepted at (e.g.): Migros, COOP, Ikea, Interdiscount, Digitec, Manor, Migrol, Coop Pronto, SBB, Restaurants, Hotels, Car rentals? How is your experience? Thanks for your help!
- No problem for Migros, interdiscount and COOP (+pronto)
- Quite good acceptances in (chain) hotels and at car rentals
- Bof bof at restaurants
- Quite bad at garages, small restaurants and small/average stores
- No idea at the others

From the little experience I had with it overseas, I'd say the acceptance is even worse out of CH.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Artemio
Sorry, it's a paper magazine. Here is the picture of it, if the link works http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...826IMG0086.jpg
Thank you, do you happen to know if sen/hon can get it for free*? Like on cornercard m&m visa gold. If so, i will give a try.

*free as long as you are sen/hon
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:56 am
SWR

- Quite good acceptances in (chain) hotels and at car rentals
- Bof bof at restaurants
- Quite bad at garages, small restaurants and small/average stores
- No idea at the others

From the little experience I had with it overseas, I'd say the acceptance is even worse out of CH.
Thanks Artemio!! I think I'll give it a try as my annual membership with Swisscard AECS LX Amex Gold is expiring in a couple of months. I used the Amex (and will use the Diners Club) in CH only, as I've the M&M Visa Gold for the foreign expenses (1,2 % isn't that bad, after all it is still the lowest transaction fee of all the Swiss market together with PostFinance cards).

I called the Cornèr hotline and they said they will send me the info about the new M&M Diners asap, as it is a brand new offer available from 1.11.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:17 am
SWR

Originally Posted by SWR
As per Artemio's link Cornèrcard is launching a new Diners Club Miles & More card with a ratio of 1 mile per 1 chf spent!!! This is pretty a good deal!!!
More details about the Cornèrcard Diners Club M&M offer!

I just received a phone call from a kind and competent Cornèrcard employee who gave me some more infos about the new Diners Club Miles & More.

- The card will be available as per 01.11.2016, 1 mile per CHF spent, 2% foreign currencies fee.

- She confirmed the welcome bonus of 10'000 miles, the yearly fee will be 125 CHF for the first year (from the 2nd year 250 CHF)

- For existing Cornèrcard M&M customers they propose a VERY competitive offer!: First year free of charge AND 10'000 bonus miles (from the 2nd year 85 CHF only). Additional card free of charge for the first year (from the 2nd year 35 CHF).

- No details yet about SEN/HON yearly fee waiver.

She told me they're trying to push Diners as a premium card in CH, expanding the acceptance at retailers/outlets and gain customers from Swisscard AECS M&M Amex Gold and Platinum...
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I think I was wrong about interdiscount, at least for the online shop. I bought there today something and no dinersclub was proposed for paiement. But you could pay with twint, which is loadable at any coop with a DC .

By the way, only today is a 10% discount on all "appareil" on interdiscounts online store.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 1:46 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Sorry, I think I was wrong about interdiscount, at least for the online shop. I bought there today something and no dinersclub was proposed for paiement. But you could pay with twint, which is loadable at any coop with a DC .

By the way, only today is a 10% discount on all "appareil" on interdiscounts online store.
Diners Club is accepted in the physical shops just not online.

In terms of acceptance DC is good in Switzerland - the major shops pretty much take it (except Mediamarkt).

The problem with Dinersclub is France - you've got a better chance winning the lottery there then getting any acceptance (except hotels).

It's also a pity that Cornerbank haven't enrolled diners club in apple pay yet.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:44 pm

Diners Club has updated its site, it is now offering to enroll Diners M&M.

Link

Sadly no mention about any special offer for existing cornercard M&M customers nor SEN/HON.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:22 am
SWR

Originally Posted by Glarus
Diners Club has updated its site, it is now offering to enroll Diners M&M.

Link

Sadly no mention about any special offer for existing cornercard M&M customers nor SEN/HON.
It was my same though!

I called Cornèrcard and they acknowledged the lack of information on the downloadable pdf. They told me to hand write on the card request form my present M&M credit card account number and mention about the promotion...
Not very professional indeed
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Until 15.11.16: 20K and 60.- for the first year, for the swiss miles and more classic cards
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Swisscard AECS (issuer of various M&M credit cards) is starting the same, only at an even worse rate.

This months statement contains this "important information":

Wichtige Information:

Neue Gebühr ab 1. Januar 2017.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Gebühr von 2,5% für Fremdwährungstransaktionen ab dem 1. Januar 2017 neu auch bei Transaktionen im Ausland, welche in CHF erfolgen, erhoben wird. Diese Änderung betreffend Gebühren gilt von Ihnen als genehmigt, sofern Sie die Kartenbeziehung nicht bis spätestens 31. Dezember 2016 schriftlich kündigen.
Seriously...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.