Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Said I was already registered for the Free nights promo, with stays from June 1 to Aug 31.... wonder why they have different dates that what the OP mentioned??
Old May 17, 2007, 2:26 pm

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
why would it work, if not targetted?

Oddest thing I find about *wood targeted promos, is that sometimes even when one doesn't receive original *wood emails can signup OK for the promo.
I can appreciate (!?) if I'm not targeted for one thing or another; but find it annoying and disturbing that there *might* be promos out there I'd never know of (and *wood might lose that sale to me{!}, as it does affect stay decisions).
So - thanks again to FT...!
Old May 17, 2007, 7:01 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Originally Posted by Vader
Said I was already registered for the Free nights promo, with stays from June 1 to Aug 31.... wonder why they have different dates that what the OP mentioned??
?? same dates as OP mentioned...
Old May 18, 2007, 12:26 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Finally a promo for which I am eligible!
3K for each 3 stays up to 9K.
Old May 18, 2007, 11:00 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Up to 3 free nights or up to 18000 Bonus points. We have a ton of points , so the free nights are more valuable to me.
Old May 18, 2007, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott PP...Southwest A+ CP
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf

"Please check your Starwood Preferred Guest member number and re-enter."

This appears to be targeted.
Mine said the same thing when I tried it the first time...then closed the window, waited 30 mins and tried again.

Now I got the choice between Weekends or 18k...Had to take the weekends. Will make it much easier to impress the ladies at a Cat 5!
Old May 18, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Christian
Oddest thing I find about *wood targeted promos, is that sometimes even when one doesn't receive original *wood emails can signup OK for the promo.
I can appreciate (!?) if I'm not targeted for one thing or another; but find it annoying and disturbing that there *might* be promos out there I'd never know of (and *wood might lose that sale to me{!}, as it does affect stay decisions).
So - thanks again to FT...!
I think you've misinterpreted the real issue here. Starwood's e-mail distribution system seems to accomplish a fairly inefficient job over these past months and years. I think I can count on one hand the promotional e-mails I've ever received from *wood. Yes, they have my corporate e-mail address and that address has NO filters on it whatsoever. The issue is not on my end, it's on the sender's end of the equation.

Regardless, I suspect that one of the key reasons spg.com/promos was set up was to accomplish some means for folks to simply check in once a quarter and sign up for the new quarterly promotion. Not everyone gets the same offer, and I see that as completely reasonable and fair. Sometimes I get a great offer that I like, other times, I get a lousy offer that doesn't incent me at all.

In sum, I would suggest that everyone bookmark the webpage and check back during the last weeks of any given quarter and see what's new.
Old May 18, 2007, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
I received the e-mail at 3:30 EDT this afternoon. Text of the e-mail:

Earn triple Starpoints on all your stays!

If you're looking for a reason to stay with us again soon, we suggest you think in threes. Simply register by July 15, 2007, and earn triple Starpoints® on all your stays between June 1 and August 31, 2007. It's a great way to build your Starpoints balance fast so that you can redeem them for free nights, free flights and on-the-spot indulgences unique to each hotel. And there are no blackout dates on Free Night Awards, so if we have a standard room on the date of your choice, it's yours.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Earn up to three Free Weekend Nights or up to 18,000 bonus Starpoints.

You already know what it's like to have all the benefits of Gold status at your beck and call. To show you it gets even better, we want to give you the choice of two offers good for stays between June 1 and August 31, 2007, when you register by July 15, 2007.

Maybe you're the type who jets away for the weekend — on a whim. Stay three times and get a Free Weekend Night (up to three nights free). Or, perhaps you're saving your Starpoints® to discover the other half of the world. Stay three times and earn 3,000 bonus Starpoints, stay six times and earn 9,000 bonus Starpoints or stay nine times and earn 18,000 bonus Starpoints.

Terms and Conditions:

Offer is non-transferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/promo by July 15, 2007. Member can earn one Free Weekend Night award for every three (3) eligible stays up to a maximum of three (3) awards OR a total of 18,000 bonus Starpoints may be earned: three eligible stays — 3,000 bonus Starpoints; six eligible stays — 9,000 total bonus Starpoints; nine eligible stays — 18,000 total bonus Starpoints. Once selected, the offer cannot be changed. Stays must be at participating properties between June 1 and August 31, 2007. For members who choose Free Weekend Night awards, the earned awards will be available within 72 hours after the qualifying stay posts, are not transferable and may be used at Category 1–5 properties on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night between date earned and December 30, 2007, for one single or double occupancy standard room only, including the cost of the hotel room and room tax. For members who choose bonus Starpoints, bonus Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 2–3 weeks after the qualifying stay posts. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions. Visit SPG.com to view the complete terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, see your redemption options and choose your communication preferences. The terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program are subject to change without notice. To learn about our data privacy practices, please view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com. To access our privacy information line, please call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, W Hotels, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Westin, St. Regis and Starpoints are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
Old May 18, 2007, 4:05 pm

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
just a simple math:

20k or 3 weekend nights?

3 weekend nights in cat 5 hotels in peak season = 48k points!

so just imagine which one is more valuable to me. Have just pre-blocked 3 nights for The Westin Athens Astir Palace Beach Resort, fantastic!
Old May 18, 2007, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
For those of us demoted from elite to basic, and with no Starwood stays this year, it's 3x SPG points for stays from June 1st through August.
Old May 19, 2007, 1:07 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I got the 3 free weekend nights in cat 1-5 or 4K,12K,20K for 4, 8, 12 stays.
Probably starting a new project in June so likely to get 12 stay if I do a little hotel hopping since I am likely to do 4-5 night stay each week.

This should also guarantee my plat for the year since I am at 14 stays and 16 nights right now.

Nice to be targetted for this since I did not get any free night last year since my travel was down during the free night promo.
Old May 19, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by SASfan
Thank you for registering for this Starwood Preferred Guest(R) promotion. Now you can earn 3,000, 9,000 or 18,000 bonus Starpoints(R) when you stay three, six or nine times between
June 1 and August 31, 2007.
This is what I got. No choice for free weekend nights. I already have 7 single-night stays and 1 multi-night stay expected during this time, so I'll surely stick in one more stay along the way to get the final bonus 9K points.

My wife is SPG Gold on Delta Direct Deposit. (She hardly ever travels to Starwoods without me anyway.) Her offer: "Register by July 15, 2007, and earn triple Delta SkyMiles® for all stays between June 1 and August 31, 2007."
Old May 19, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
I'm gold and got the choice- up to 18K or free weekend nights. ^
Now, if I can just get double stays offer in the last quarter (fingers crossed) I will finally experience Platinum.
Old May 19, 2007, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by tommy777
It's really strange that *wood sends out different offers to the Plats when it's an earnings campaign like this... Why should some of us get better opportunities than others??

Not a good idea IMO, and it shows all over this thread
Because the marketing folks are so wrapped up in devising formulas for targeting the promos that they forget we share our info and other web blogs do the same.

Starwood is savvy enough to put Lurker here, but at the same time they don't realize how badly threads like (comparing each others targeted promos) this make them look... You'd think they'd learn from the mixed Freddie showing. @:-)

Instead of encouraging loyalty, Starwood is again insulting us by saying that some customers will be treated differently. They don't even spell out the criteria for us to change our "behavior" so we could get targeted for the promos better promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.