Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
I already had Gold through Jan 08. I recieved the email through Delta to register at Gold, no stays required. I called SPG and they added an additional year to my Gold (prob would have re-qualified anyway). Thanks Delta!
Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:50 pm

I got the stay 4 times and get one free weekend night option and wanted to know if I can book multiple rooms for the same night using the free nights that I earn as I almost always need 2 rooms to accomodate a family of 4.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Have a question about my promo. The 3 stays is 3000 points up to 9k.

I am also registered for a promo for 3000 bonus points at bwi and wondered if this would conflict.

Also the rates at Stamford Sheraton with 500 bonus points. I am just trying to make the most of my stays between the program.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 7:01 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Only 9k for 9 stays for me.... that makes two quarters in a row where I haven't been targetted for the main promo but instead I have had to settle for the general secondary promo (whine... whine...). Hopefully the trend will revert soon.

SG
I got the same one above. At least its better than nothing.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Earn up to three Free Weekend Nights.
Stay four times between June 1 and August 31, 2007, and get a Free Weekend Night (up to three nights free) when you register by July 15, 2007.

Earn up to 20,000 bonus Starpoints.
Stay four times and earn 4,000 bonus Starpoints®, stay eight times and earn 12,000 bonus Starpoints or stay twelve times and earn 20,000 bonus Starpoints when you register by July 15, 2007, and stay between June 1 and August 31, 2007.

Got the above....going with the Free Weekend Nights. Points equivelant is only 4000! Not worth it. Plus I only have 4-5 stays planned until the end of August.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I registered and got the same deal as Motion. I might rack up 12 stays, but it's certainly easier to take the 3 weekend nights. I just don't know when I'll be able to use them.

However big to Starwood for not telling me about this offer. Big ^ for Flyertalk! I've already had two stays in June, but at least if I register now I will get the 4 stays in time for this promo.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 6:14 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by stimpy
However big to Starwood for not telling me about this offer. Big ^ for Flyertalk!
I agree with your comments, I too was eligible for the 20K or 3 free weekend but was not informed by SPG.

Originally Posted by stimpy
I've already had two stays in June, but at least if I register now I will get the 4 stays in time for this promo.
I checked with the PLT desk. This promo is retro-active which means any stay after June 1 will count, as long as you sign up before July 15.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
How sad, I got the 3K x 3 promo. That's not worth hotel hopping.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 5:16 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Has anyone received the free night award yet? I'm guessing so.

Can you let me know how the free night award is received? Is it online or mailed?

I should have one by now but don't see it and have made the 3 stays needed (4 actually). 6/6, 6/8, 6/10, and 6/15.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 5:29 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965

Can you let me know how the free night award is received? Is it online or mailed?

I should have one by now but don't see it and have made the 3 stays needed (4 actually). 6/6, 6/8, 6/10, and 6/15.
You call the Customer Contact Center and reference the redemption code.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 21, 2007, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres

In the past, the weekend nights are credited to your account but are NOT visible online in any way and they are NOT mailed to you. You need to call SPG if you'd like to make sure they are there and you need to call SPG in order to use them.

Edited to add: Lurker beat me to it.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 5:40 pm

Thank you. Where do I get/see the redemption code?

One additional question. I made my 25th stay for the year on 6/15-16 but I don't see Platinum stated on my online account. I recall in the past seeing Gold. Where does it state you made Platinum? I don't recall receiving an email either.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
You call the Customer Contact Center and reference the redemption code.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 21, 2007, 5:57 pm

Thank you. Where do I get/see the redemption code?
It is in the Terms and Conditions of the offer that was sent to you. It says something like, "To redeem call the Customer Contact Center nearest you and reference redemption code XXXFN."

One additional question. I made my 25th stay for the year on 6/15-16 but I don't see Platinum stated on my online account. I recall in the past seeing Gold. Where does it state you made Platinum? I don't recall receiving an email either.

Thanks.
Has this 25th stay been posted to your account yet? If so, when you log onto spg.com, on the upper-right-hand side of the screen, you will see "Welcome". Right below that, it will say, "TravelGuy1965". Right below that it will say, "Member Number: XXXXXXXXXXX". Right below that, it will say, "Platinum Preferred Guest". Right below that, it will say, "XXX,XXX Starpoints". All this should be shaded in a nice Platinum patina.

What email were you expecting?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:07 pm

Hi - thanks again. I didn't see a code in the terms and conditions. I'll have to look when I eventually return home to see if I have an original screen shot there. In the past I've tried to re-register when I needed a new copy of the T&C and it provides them saying you are already registered. I did it now and it has all the T&Cs ("Offer is non... every three (3). stays...) but no code in it.

It is in the Terms and Conditions of the offer that was sent to you. It says something like, "To redeem call the Customer Contact Center nearest you and reference redemption code XXXFN."

Thanks. I see it now. For an email I was just expecting one that said something like congratulations for achieving platinum.... I usually receive these from some of the other hotel programs. No big deal. It would just be a nice touch.

Has this 25th stay been posted to your account yet? If so, when you log onto spg.com, on the upper-right-hand side of the screen, you will see "Welcome". Right below that, it will say, "TravelGuy1965". Right below that it will say, "Member Number: XXXXXXXXXXX". Right below that, it will say, "Platinum Preferred Guest". Right below that, it will say, "XXX,XXX Starpoints". All this should be shaded in a nice Platinum patina.

What email were you expecting?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:18 pm

...For an email I was just expecting one that said something like congratulations for achieving platinum.... I usually receive these from some of the other hotel programs. No big deal. It would just be a nice touch.
No worries. That will come with the nice new Platinum card in 6 - 8 weeks.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.