Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by ldsant
Same here. . . but I'm not a moron; this convinced me to book my fall business trips at other properties rather than *wood. Not sure when the marketing group will realize that loyalty really does need to be a two way street.
Sorry, but I fail to see why 3,000 points for every 3 stays is such a bad deal. If you stay single nights at an average of $200 per night, that gives you 8 points per night. Given that SPG requires a lot fewer points than Marriott, HHonors, or IC, and that award availability is much better on SPG, why is this such an offensive offer that you'd switch to someone else?

And who's going to offer you a better deal?

Some people are never happy.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:29 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
That would be because none of them have been sent out yet.
Poor Starwood! You guys can't win - since people are checking all these old/regular links all the time!

I for one am grateful for the opportunity to earn some free weekend nights. And Cat 5 hotels being included is a bonus - and being able to use them through the end of the year.
Old May 17, 2007, 1:34 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
its ok

Originally Posted by jragosta
Sorry, but I fail to see why 3,000 points for every 3 stays is such a bad deal. If you stay single nights at an average of $200 per night, that gives you 8 points per night. Given that SPG requires a lot fewer points than Marriott, HHonors, or IC, and that award availability is much better on SPG, why is this such an offensive offer that you'd switch to someone else?

And who's going to offer you a better deal?

Some people are never happy.
but why are they offering to others better promotions?

i am a platinum and i qualifed the hard way last year, and it is a kick in my face when i see that other can chose their promotions while i always get the lowest available promotion.

but anyway, as i have to qualify for spg again i will do my 9 stays within the 3 month .

dp
Old May 17, 2007, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by derpelikan
but why are they offering to others better promotions?

i am a platinum and i qualifed the hard way last year, and it is a kick in my face when i see that other can chose their promotions while i always get the lowest available promotion.

but anyway, as i have to qualify for spg again i will do my 9 stays within the 3 month .

dp

I am already qualified for next year, so they had to offer me some real goodies and it turned out to be 4/8/12 or three free nights. Preferred the points to three free weekend nights. Points are a much more flexible currency.

Anyhow: At least until July 31 all my more expensive stays will go to Hilton for the triple-points-promotion, the cheap ones to Starwood for the 4/8/12-promotion. August will be a pure Starwood month again.

Oh boy, it s hard work to maximise your benefits.
Old May 17, 2007, 7:20 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ldsant
Same here. . . but I'm not a moron; this convinced me to book my fall business trips at other properties rather than *wood. Not sure when the marketing group will realize that loyalty really does need to be a two way street.
Not sure I understand your point. Why wouldn't you simply sign up for the promo on the off chance (based on your post) that you MIGHT stay at a Starwood property, despite your distate for the marketing department, and get some additional bonus points?

In my case, with my frequent travel to cities where Starwood properties are the best bet anyway, this is icing on the Plat upgrade cake.
Old May 17, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
That would be because none of them have been sent out yet.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
That is one way for SPG to find how who is an FT'er! How did the OP find out about the promo?
Old May 17, 2007, 9:09 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mazzer
That is one way for SPG to find how who is an FT'er! How did the OP find out about the promo?
Let me assure you that no one at Starwood has the time to go looking for obscure ways to identify which members are FT'ers. If we really wanted to do that, we would just run a report on who participated in the last two Flyertalk "Thank You" promotions.

But to answer the question, my suspicion is that he bookmarked this url:

https://www.spgpromos.com/quarterly/...=VTY_SPG_promo

Which has been circulating in the forum for some time now.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old May 17, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
If we really wanted to do that, we would just run a report on who participated in the last two Flyertalk "Thank You" promotions.
I was about to ask - when is the next "Thank you FTers" promotion ? I'd been waiting patiently

IIRC the last one was February 2006...
Old May 17, 2007, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by mazzer
I assure you it's just random FT luck^

William is partially correct - not bookmarked, but I remembered from an FT thread that spg.com/promo was one way to check for quarterly promotions. Of course, I am sure the folks at SPG realize that not much gets by the FT community.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:21 pm

At the risk of sounding like a broken record here I go again:

Once again a *wood promo based on stays, NOT nights! Once again in my case it will cost *wood money as I am currently on a long term *wood stay that was originally planned to encompass every single night of the promo period, now in order to maximize the promo I'll have to check out of *wood and in to a competitor's hotel at least 11 times, this promo will cost *wood 11 nights that I would have otherwise stayed with them.

In the past 13 months I've spent over 250 nights at *wood properties, during this time *wood has had several promos but - at least to the best of my recollection - ALL but one (the recent 4pts Stay4 Get4K promo) have been based on stays rather than nights.
Old May 17, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold
New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations (combined thread)

This is a targeted promo and very generous. My friend was eligible (he's gold), I'm not. May work for somebody.

There's Still Time to Earn up to 10,000 Bonus Starpoints

It isn't too late to maximise your opportunities to reach dream destinations fast and bank up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints® for stays from 1 May until 31 July, 2007. You'll earn 2,000 Starpoints after your first stay, 3,000 Starpoints after your second stay and 5,000 Starpoints after your third stay — for up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints. Why wait? The world is your reward!

https://www.spgpromos.com/quarterly/...07_BE_LNMA_FUP

Register by 31 May, 2007, and watch your Starpoints stack up for free nights, free flights and unexpected indulgences. There are no blackout dates on free nights, so if we have a standard room on the date of your choice, it's yours.
Old May 17, 2007, 1:51 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Worked for me. Mucho gracias! ^
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
I was about to ask - when is the next "Thank you FTers" promotion ? I'd been waiting patiently

IIRC the last one was February 2006...
Not sure if there will even be one this year, but that doesn't mean that the marketing gurus don't have something up their sleeve that they haven't told me about.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
Worked for me, and I am sure that I was not targeted.

I wonder who the target was?
Old May 17, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I ended up with triple points promo.

Oh well, better than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.