Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:20 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Here we are: https://www.spgpromos.com/quarterly/index.cfm
Old Aug 23, 2007, 4:25 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I just got a promotion from Hilton that gives me Gold Status with just four stays between 09/01 and 11/30/07 PLUS 10,000 Hilton Honors Points.I guess that they noticed that i have not been staying at Hiltons too often any more! I signed up for SPG promotion for the same time period and you get 6000 points for every 4 stays. Other choices are double stays (if you stay 3 times, you get credit for 6 stays), or double star points. I am most appreciative to SPG that you can choice your own option. I am tempted to take Hilton up on their offer to give me 10,000 Hilton Honor points, but personally, I feel that I get better value for my points with SPG. I plan to remain loyal to Starwood. Lurker, I hope that you are reading this and see what loyal fans you have!
Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I just got a promotion from Hilton that gives me Gold Status with just four stays between 09/01 and 11/30/07 PLUS 10,000 Hilton Honors Points.I guess that they noticed that i have not been staying at Hiltons too often any more! I signed up for SPG promotion for the same time period and you get 6000 points for every 4 stays. Other choices are double stays (if you stay 3 times, you get credit for 6 stays), or double star points. I am most appreciative to SPG that you can choice your own option. I am tempted to take Hilton up on their offer to give me 10,000 Hilton Honor points, but personally, I feel that I get better value for my points with SPG. I plan to remain loyal to Starwood. Lurker, I hope that you are reading this and see what loyal fans you have!
That's good thinking cuz 6k SPG points are worth about 25k HH points. Much more valuable IMHO. But I wouldn't run away from the 4 stays to Gold with HH too quickly. HH Gold is almost as good as HH Diamond (pretty much the same bennies except no Diamond force for sold out award rooms). But if you do the 4 stays, your HH Gold should be valid until April 2009. Not bad IMHO and its always good to have a second program to fall back on in case SPG stops offering so many promos. ^^^
Old Aug 25, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Stay 4 times between 6.1 & 8.31 and get one free weekend night promotion T&C

Does anyone have the T&C for the above promotion (I registered this promotion back in May 2007)? I have 8 stays so far during this period but I haven't received any free night certificates or email notification. I'm just wondering if the free nights will be posted only 4-6 weeks after the promotion.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:41 pm

As usual different promos all over the place .
but I do know that they dont a note in the account .. once you call and book then it goes on the statement as an award.

Last edited by tinkybelle; Oct 23, 2007 at 12:28 am
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:47 pm

Different people got different variations of this promo. Take a look through this thread:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...83#post7742983

Basically the free nights won't show up as certs or anything visible to you. You will have to call a CSR to book them before 12/31, though.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Gold
The promo you reference doesn't mail out certificates nor will you see it online in your SPG profile. You will have to call the SPG desk to verify how many free nights you have earned. The best time to do so is after Saturday morning of any week you had a stay post so the system can do the sweep to credit you properly. Keep in mind you have until Dec. 31 to redeem your free nights.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I just tried to redeem 2 rooms for tomorrow night in NYC using the Q3 promo.
I checked online and the Chelsea 4 pts. had traditional rooms available using only 12k points.

I called to redeem my free nights and the agent said I couldn't. I explained that they are available using only 12k points online, why aren't they available with the free night promo. She said she didn't know.

I called back a few minutes later and got a different agent. This time I pretended to book using points. Rooms were available. I then asked if I could use the Q3 promo. She said sure.

Just goes to show, yet again. If you don't like your answer the first time, call back.

Also, I think it's funny how the first agent didn't ask if I wanted to be sent to the automated "rate the agent" survey, while the 2nd agent did.

Rich
Old Sep 30, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
t+c's

Originally Posted by ktjan
Does anyone have the T&C for the above promotion (I registered this promotion back in May 2007)? I have 8 stays so far during this period but I haven't received any free night certificates or email notification. I'm just wondering if the free nights will be posted only 4-6 weeks after the promotion.
I've started emailing the T+C's to myself as soon as I register for these promos, and save in a Travel folder in my email system. Then, never a question about T+Cs.
Anyway, just call SPG. They have your night credits on record. I was able to book my 2 free nightsa few days after I stayed my 8th night in August, so there was never a question about having earned them.

"Offer is non-transferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/promo by July 15, 2007. Member can earn one Free Weekend Night award for every four (4) eligible stays up to a maximum of three (3) awards OR a total of 20,000 bonus Starpoints may be earned: four eligible stays — 4,000 bonus Starpoints; eight eligible stays — 12,000 total bonus Starpoints; twelve eligible stays — 20,000 total bonus Starpoints. Once selected, the offer cannot be changed. Stays must be at participating properties between June 1 and August 31, 2007. For members who choose Free Weekend Night awards, the earned awards will be available within 72 hours after the qualifying stay posts, are not transferable and may be used at Category 1–5 properties on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night between date earned and December 30, 2007, for one single or double occupancy standard room only, including the cost of the hotel room and room tax. For members who choose bonus Starpoints, bonus Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 2–3 weeks after the qualifying stay posts. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions. Visit SPG.com to view the complete terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, see your redemption options and choose your communication preferences. The terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program are subject to change without notice. To learn about our data privacy practices, please view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com. To access our privacy information line, please call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, W Hotels, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Westin, St. Regis and Starpoints are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates"
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Do Plat benefits apply to promo free nights?

I have just achieved Platinum for the first time

I have 2 free weekend nights from the Q3 promo (stay 3 times get one weekend night free) and intend to use them in November. Should I expect Plat privileges such as welcome amenity, upgrade and club access for these nights or are they treated differently to points award stays? Any info will be appreciated.

Last edited by snufl; Oct 22, 2007 at 11:07 pm Reason: error
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by snufl
I have just achieved Platinum for the first time

I have 2 free weekend nights from the Q3 promo (stay 3 times get one weekend night free) and intend to use them in November. Should I expect Plat privileges such as welcome amenity, upgrade and club access for these nights or are they treated differently to points award stays? Any info will be appreciated.
Yes.....

AFAIK, you will be eligible for all of the usual PM benefits when using points for free nights.

A.J.

PS: Your post reminded me that I will very likely have to chase after the Plat. amenity points for my recent Cash & Points award stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.