Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W and/or Westin beds discount codes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Easy Victor
WARNING:

I took advantage of the 40 off deal for a bed about 2 1/2 years ago. I regret ever having made that purchase. We ordered a pillow top king size bed, and initially it was fantastic. Now the thing has “collapsed” and is causing us backaches every morning. Simmons sent in their rep to look at it and denied our claim. The indentation of 1 1/2 inches wasn’t enough to satisfy them.

Stay away from Simmons and their W bed. The discount is not worth it in the long run.
I think the consensus here is that of reported problems and unhappiness, most come from the pillow top. And that most who ordered plush top (and a feather bed) have been pleased.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL KM
Originally Posted by gleff
I think the consensus here is that of reported problems and unhappiness, most come from the pillow top. And that most who ordered plush top (and a feather bed) have been pleased.
I agree. What I was surprised at was the lack of warranty support when the bed actually didn't perform as purchased.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by gleff
Which bed (pillow top or plush top) is the one actually in use at a Westin or W hotel?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:40 am

Code no longer valid :-(

Just tried the latest code QDG8Y and it is not valid at Westin. I need a valid Westin code, anyone?

Thanks!!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by sapguy
Which bed (pillow top or plush top) is the one actually in use at a Westin or W hotel?
plush top w/ feather bed
Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
35% employee discount vs 30% regular discount

As much as I appreciate people posting the discount codes, I would feel bad about using an employee discount when I do not qualify for it. Right now the discount available to the public is 30%, which brings the price to the cost for a similar mattress at my local department store (with tax). I can appreciate the 30 day satisfaction guarantee the local store offers, which the W store does not. However, if I were able to get a 35% or 40% discount, I would go for the W bed, esp considering that it is for my guest room!

Can anyone give me a clue when bigger discounts might be in the offering, or give me some rationale for taking advantage of the employee discount?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mary_228
Can anyone give me a clue when bigger discounts might be in the offering, or give me some rationale for taking advantage of the employee discount?
1. They give the codes out, they work, no questions asked.

2. There is no verification process in place, no one ever asks you whether you are an employee.

3. Starwood knows these codes ae distributed, and have known for several years, in that time there has never been so much as an admonition or request that customers not use the codes.

4. The codes generate incremental sales that they wouldn't get otherwise. These codes aren't really an employee benefit as such, just a different distribution channel/price discrimination to sell to a market that wouldn't pay full price. Similar to Flyertalk.

I'll leave it to the mods to determine whether batting around the moral questions is off-topic for the thread. And to each individually to decide what they're comfortable with. But you asked for arguments, so there ya go.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I appreciate your comments. I never considered the idea of an alternate distribution channel. An they certainly wouldn't get the sale without the extra 5%, at least from me

Here's hoping we like the bed!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:06 pm

Promo Codes for Westin at Home

I'd like to purchase the Westin Bed -- does anyone have a promo code for “Westin at Home”? I saw promotions at a hotel recently, but I don't remember which one.

If you come across anything, I'd appreciate it. Google can’t find one that is current.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
I just had the W Plush top + featherbed delivered a few weeks ago with the 35% off employee discount. It took ~2 weeks to deliver to Denver, CO. To be honest, the bed is just average. It's a Simmons beautyrest (as discussed in the thread). It's a decent deal though because of free shipping and no tax.

My advice to new buyers - DO NOT BUY THE FEATHERBED PROTECTOR. I have no idea what purpose this serves. The featherbed is already padded so you don't get poked. The protector is more like a duvet for the featherbed. The annoying part about it is that you would have to put the straps that hold the featherbed down INSIDE the protector, so it's not longer secured to the top of the mattress. I'm sure you could cut holes or something, but that's just not worth it.

Save yourself a few bucks and don't get that. Time to test out my Amex "return any product in 90 days" policy because I already foolishly washed it.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:31 pm
Community Director Emerita

X9T8R
30% off before April 5
Price of bed increases on April 5
Old Apr 5, 2010, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
X9T8R
30% off before April 5
Price of bed increases on April 5
I couldn't get this code to work yesterday. Anyone got any current codes for the Westin heavenly bed? Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E25, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Delta Skymiles Silver, HHonors Gold, Nexus
Originally Posted by Destina_Flyer
I couldn't get this code to work yesterday. Anyone got any current codes for the Westin heavenly bed? Thanks
Tried the code a few days ago, and found out it only worked on the W bed.

Anyone know if any discounts apply to things other than the beds? Would love to pick up some of the white tea bath products, but not love to pay the high costs.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:52 pm

Does anyone have an active code? I am ready to buy, just need a discount code. Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:41 am

ditto

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.