Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Duke777
I unfortunately stayed at the Libertador a bunch in the fall for work. The rooms have been renovated so they're fine. The bathroom is pretty terrible. The shower floods the bathroom because the glass only extends part way. The lobby has been renovated. However, the elevators seemed to have a bunch of problems. I spent 10+ minutes waiting for an elevator sometime.

Breakfast is okay. Nothing special. The lounge is okay. You get a free cup of bad wine (how is it even possible to have bad wine in Argentina???).

I found the service to be pretty terrible, which was my biggest gripe. Room service couldn't ever get an order right (even in clear Spanish). I NEVER got upgraded once in 11 weeks of stays.

Overall, I don't ever want to stay at the Libertador ever again.

I do think the Libertador has a better location than the Sheraton and the Park Tower. The Libertador is next to Calle Florida (a bit seedy) and a really nice mall (Galerias Pacificos). The other two are a bit more secluded with few food options right nearby.

Overall, I'd highly recommend the Park Hyatt. It's in another league. My GF and I had tea there and wished we'd stayed overnight even with the price differential. I agree with exploring the boutique hotels. Palermo probably has a bunch of interesting options and is in a much more interesting area than microcenter.
I've currently got the Sheraton CC booked. From the reviews on Sheraton, TA and here... it appears it is a better prop than the Libertador. And the Park Tower is way too much $$ over the Sheraton CC. I'm inclined to give it a try due to the benefits I receive (Plat upgrades, club lounge, breakfast). Are all these plentiful at this prop for Plats?

I'm also going to stay in Palermo for a few days too - since I hear that location is so much better than the Sheraton. Perhaps I should just bag *Wood all around in BA?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
All 3 hotels are available for the dates I'm considering.
When are you going? We'll be in BA in March, and are planning a two-night stay at the Park Tower and a one-night stay at either the Park Tower or the adjacent Sheraton (depending on how much we like the Park Tower for the first stay).
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I've currently got the Sheraton CC booked. From the reviews on Sheraton, TA and here... it appears it is a better prop than the Libertador. And the Park Tower is way too much $$ over the Sheraton CC. I'm inclined to give it a try due to the benefits I receive (Plat upgrades, club lounge, breakfast). Are all these plentiful at this prop for Plats?

I'm also going to stay in Palermo for a few days too - since I hear that location is so much better than the Sheraton. Perhaps I should just bag *Wood all around in BA?
Plat treatment is generally quite meagre at the BsAs *wood properties. I only ever got upgraded at the Libertador (quite consistently). Club lounge at Sheraton CC and Libertador are underwhelming. Breakfast is a small spread at the lounge.

Unless you specifically want/need the points and/or stay credits, I would recommend staying in Palermo, or alternatively at the Park Hyatt if you can afford it. The PH is a top-notch hotel.

Disclaimer: I used to travel to BsAs for work 5-6 times a year, but haven't been back in a couple of years. Will be coming back in March for 2 nights at the Sheraton CC, and 4 nights in May at the Libertador.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Warning: The Park Tower and Sheraton CC are located in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods of the city (across from an enormous shantytown, "Villa 31", which is the source of a great deal of the crime in BA) and neither hotel has any effective security (not even card keys for the elevators!). You would NEVER want to walk outside after dark. If you must stay at an SPG prop I would always do the Libertador. It's not great but the location is much better and the renovated rooms and Club Lounge are quite nice. Finally, the once great Park Tower is now tattered and dowdy with ambivalent/spotty service-- very sad.
I am a loyal SPG member but I would still vote for the Park Hyatt or Four Seasons both in Recoleta.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's also the old grand dame Avelear (spelling?) Palace Hotel in Recoleta. I think it's in LHW and FHR. Two years ago they were supposedly going to do major renovations, but last year it wasn't obvious, so I suspect that the rooms might still be very old fashioned. The lobby is restored and in good condition, but seems very old fashioned. It's a very different style than the Park Hyatt, although the two hotels are about a block apart.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:20 am

Stayed in Libertador and CC last month, both one-nighters. Standard on BRG upgraded to Presidential Suite. Not sure if it was renovated anytime since the early 80s. Lounge was very medicore, so was the bfast buffet.

CC only go a club room, but it was much more modern looking. The club was a nicer space, but didn't hang around to compare the morning/evening spreads.

CC location next to the airport bus and a small park seemed better, either way it's only 5-10 to walk between those two.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by postular
Warning: The Park Tower and Sheraton CC are located in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods of the city (across from an enormous shantytown, "Villa 31", which is the source of a great deal of the crime in BA) and neither hotel has any effective security (not even card keys for the elevators!). You would NEVER want to walk outside after dark. If you must stay at an SPG prop I would always do the Libertador. It's not great but the location is much better and the renovated rooms and Club Lounge are quite nice. Finally, the once great Park Tower is now tattered and dowdy with ambivalent/spotty service-- very sad.
I am a loyal SPG member but I would still vote for the Park Hyatt or Four Seasons both in Recoleta.
Where the PT and CC is definitely not the most dangerous neighborhood of BsAs. I agree, it's sketchy and I wouldn't want to walk around at night if I was alone. During the day, it's fine once you cross the street. Taxis are plentiful and cheap in BsAs.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Wow, this is some shocking stuff. The most dangerous? I'm a solo male traveler and I've stayed at *Wood all over the world walking home at any hour and never had an issue. Is this area truly this bad??? So bad that I should actually skip/move to another area? And yes, I definitely go out to dinner/drinks every night and always walk home. So if it is truly this bad... I may have to think twice. But truly, I'm shocked to hear it.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Having spoken with a friend from BA, this is all overblown. He said that you're fine as long as you don't start walking past the back side of the train station.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:52 am

There must be a lot of picky breakfast eaters on this thread. I've stayed at Sheraton CC more than a dozen times. Club has beautiful view of the city. Lots of cold cuts, fruit, cereal, breads. Eggs are ready made, but they will cook omlets or fried if you ask. Staff is always pleasant. Wine and cheese and more in the evening. Area is safe at night as long as you don't go across the big street to train station. Very busy during the day. Lots of cabs, and they are cheap.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Having spoken with a friend from BA, this is all overblown. He said that you're fine as long as you don't start walking past the back side of the train station.
Originally Posted by AlaninPS
There must be a lot of picky breakfast eaters on this thread. I've stayed at Sheraton CC more than a dozen times. Club has beautiful view of the city. Lots of cold cuts, fruit, cereal, breads. Eggs are ready made, but they will cook omlets or fried if you ask. Staff is always pleasant. Wine and cheese and more in the evening. Area is safe at night as long as you don't go across the big street to train station. Very busy during the day. Lots of cabs, and they are cheap.
Thanks a lot... this makes more sense. To avoid a specific area/street rather than a whole hotel. That mirrors what I've learned about cities all over the world. I did decide to move to the Palermo Soho area anyway as I've read some nice things about it (cafes, restaurants, etc.). But it's good to know that if I extend my stay the Sheratons become an option again.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Thanks a lot... this makes more sense. To avoid a specific area/street rather than a whole hotel. That mirrors what I've learned about cities all over the world. I did decide to move to the Palermo Soho area anyway as I've read some nice things about it (cafes, restaurants, etc.). But it's good to know that if I extend my stay the Sheratons become an option again.
Actually, this reminds me to warn you about the level crossing (on Costa Rica, I believe) as a lot of muggings happen there... Not a joke, but just proves that even the best areas have bad spots.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by AlaninPS
Agree both on the breakfast and the area. Every big city has some shady districts, but avoiding the dark side at the railway station, the hotel environment doesn't seem scary
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Any recent experiences vis a vis one property versus another? There is a 2012 post upstream recommending the Liberatador, while I've seen posts in other threads saying avoid at all costs. All 3 hotels are available for the dates I'm considering.
Re: location, the Libertador is located at a very busy intersection and it can get very congested along there. But it is probably a few blocks closer to "where you want to be" most of the time. I haven't stayed at the Libertador in years but it is a perfectly ok big city Sheraton.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:46 pm

It's interesting to note that the Libertador lists only wired Internet in-room. May be worth buying a $20 router if you're planning on staying there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.