Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
As a Corporate Preferred Guest, what benefits are there? I usually stay at the IC's or Marriot but wanted to try the Sheraton Libertador.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just completed a stay at both Sheraton CC and Sheraton Libertador.
A few comments on each property--

1. Sheraton CC appears to be undergoing renovation to make rooms nicer, starting with the club floors. 22nd floor had nice, new rooms.. 21st floor was under construction.. there are still some club floors with old, moldy-air vent rooms. Definitely ask at check-in.

2. Both Sheraton CC and Lib had breakfast for plats in the lounge, except the CC breakfast was way, way better than the Sheraton Lib. In fact, I thought the Sheraton Lib lounge breakfast was a joke.. somewhat on par with a Holiday Inn Express.

3. Did not receive more than a club floor room with the CC, once was a renovated room and the other time was an old room. The Lib gave me a presidential suite on a smoking floor, oddly enough. I suspect it was because they did not have a nonsmoking room available but who knows. obviously a room comparison between properties would not be fair. YMMV.

4. Service was very polished and professional at the Sheraton CC. Sheraton Lib was a little more hectic, although they tried their best. I think it is a slightly different crowd at the Lib -- more families and package tourists. Sheraton CC crowd is more business and plenty of flight crews.

5. Location is a toss up.. Sheraton CC is right by plaza san martin, retiro station, and manuel tienda leon station. Sheraton Lib is knee-deep in the Ave Florida tourist center. Both are quite accessible to transit and cabs.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Platinum
I just finished a 6 night stay at the Sheraton CC. Booked a club room, upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor. Breakfast was great as was the service. There is no comparison between the CC and the Libertador.

P.S. I ran into Craig Stadler in the lobby bar (pro golfer), drunk as a skunk at 9:30pm.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by izzik
5. Location is a toss up.. Sheraton CC is right by plaza san martin, retiro station, and manuel tienda leon station. Sheraton Lib is knee-deep in the Ave Florida tourist center. Both are quite accessible to transit and cabs.
Sheraton CC is also across the street from where you get off the airport bus.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by kats
Sheraton CC is also across the street from where you get off the airport bus.
yes, that is the manuel tienda leon station.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:37 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Thanks for the comparison Izzik. Hoping to go to EZE next Spring.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Goofy Foot
Thanks for the comparison Izzik. Hoping to go to EZE next Spring.
have a good trip!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: United Premier Exec, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Recently spent a 2 night stay and 1 night stay at Sheraton CC using points, and was very impressed.

First stay: Upgraded to a very nice newly renovated suite. Bathroom was huge, separate shower, bath, and toilet area, with lots of space and extra toiletry kits. Nice size living room with large flat-screen TV. Bedroom also with large-flatscreen. Very clean, new furniture, was impressed. Nightly turn-down service with free bottled water and chocolates.

2nd stay: Upgraded to larger suite on club floor, but had not been renovated. Had corner 180 degree view which was nice, 1.5 bathrooms, and 2 normal TVs. Master bathroom much smaller, combined shower/bath. Size was larger, but furniture was old and tired.

Would definitely ask for renovated room if available, they were significantly better.

Impressed with the club lounge, very large breakfast and afternoon snack selection. Almost as good as some hotels' full buffet breakfasts. Afternoon snack had an assortment of pastries, pies, fruits, and soft-drinks, however, alcohol was not free as it is in some lounges.

There were a couple minor hiccups, originally had a reservation for 2 double beds, and was upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor with only 1 king bed, this was after I got an e-mail prior to arriving about the upgrade, and I called to make sure the suite had 2 beds. They offered to move me to a club level room with double beds or a free rollaway after I complained that I needed 2 beds. I chose to keep the suite and get the free rollaway...ended up being charged for this rollaway (not on the bill at checkout, came through my credit card), but they quickly removed the charge after I called platinum concierge.

On first stay also asked for a bottle of wine and cheese tray instead of the points, and this never came...so the 2nd day I just asked for them to give me the points, which came through no problem.

Overall, staff was excellent and concierge was very helpful.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to BsAs.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by skankmofo
Recently spent a 2 night stay and 1 night stay at Sheraton CC using points, and was very impressed.

First stay: Upgraded to a very nice newly renovated suite. Bathroom was huge, separate shower, bath, and toilet area, with lots of space and extra toiletry kits. Nice size living room with large flat-screen TV. Bedroom also with large-flatscreen. Very clean, new furniture, was impressed. Nightly turn-down service with free bottled water and chocolates.

2nd stay: Upgraded to larger suite on club floor, but had not been renovated. Had corner 180 degree view which was nice, 1.5 bathrooms, and 2 normal TVs. Master bathroom much smaller, combined shower/bath. Size was larger, but furniture was old and tired.

Would definitely ask for renovated room if available, they were significantly better.

Impressed with the club lounge, very large breakfast and afternoon snack selection. Almost as good as some hotels' full buffet breakfasts. Afternoon snack had an assortment of pastries, pies, fruits, and soft-drinks, however, alcohol was not free as it is in some lounges.

There were a couple minor hiccups, originally had a reservation for 2 double beds, and was upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor with only 1 king bed, this was after I got an e-mail prior to arriving about the upgrade, and I called to make sure the suite had 2 beds. They offered to move me to a club level room with double beds or a free rollaway after I complained that I needed 2 beds. I chose to keep the suite and get the free rollaway...ended up being charged for this rollaway (not on the bill at checkout, came through my credit card), but they quickly removed the charge after I called platinum concierge.

On first stay also asked for a bottle of wine and cheese tray instead of the points, and this never came...so the 2nd day I just asked for them to give me the points, which came through no problem.

Overall, staff was excellent and concierge was very helpful.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to BsAs.
The above is far more likely to be representative of regular paid stays rather than award stays at this property.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I would stay on night at the PT and one night at the Sheraton starting at the Sheraton. This gives you two stay credits and the second morning nobody will ask for you room number at the Sheraton....
Interesting. I never stayed consecutively at the CC and the PT assuming that they use the same computer system and that I would only get one stay credit.

Has everyone gotten two stay credits for consecutive stays at the CC and PT?

I usually rotate to the Sheraton Libertador, which is a slightly more convenient location, as it is right off Florida. Still the rooms are tiny and right next to each other. I am always woken up by the doors of nearby rooms opening and closing. Also the elevators are very slow. The breakfast, as a prior poster noted, is like a Holiday Inn Express, but maybe not that good. Still the rates are usually very attractive.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Would the ability to access the airport bus be a deciding factor in choosing the CC? How much is a taxi from the airport?

We are tourists, not there on business, so would the Liberator be a better choice overall because of location? We will be there 2 days pre-cruise.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Would the ability to access the airport bus be a deciding factor in choosing the CC? How much is a taxi from the airport?

We are tourists, not there on business, so would the Liberator be a better choice overall because of location? We will be there 2 days pre-cruise.
Taxi is in the range of 20 USD, location is overall the same. Libertador and the other two are in short walking distance from each other, so I would chose simply based on the price and the hotel type you prefer. From the PT to Av Florida? Three minutes walking....
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nevsky
Has everyone gotten two stay credits for consecutive stays at the CC and PT?
Yes. And combined with a 4pm checkout it is a very convenient way of accumulating stays.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:13 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I just stayed at Sheraton CC last week since the rate was better at CC than Libertador on particular nights.
I got a club suite on the same floor of club lounge.

For transportation from hotel to EZE, another limousine company(I forgot the name, XXXXXX EZE but it was not bad at all) charged me the almost half of Manuel Tienda Leon.
It was on time for pick up and the driver was polite.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I will be in BA for 4 days in Sept. Starwood plat. I will be travel with Mrs Sharkey and teenage daughter. Will be using cash and points. Priorities are for larger room (separate sleeper sofa?) or space for a rollaway, and free breakfast.

Not concerned about marble bathroom, platinum welcome gift, free drinks, need for English or butler or concierge

My review of the posts suggest that the Shreraton Liberator may be the best for larger room.

Also the Park Tower doesnt give free breakfast on cash and points stay.

Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.