Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2008, 11:29 am

Both CC and Libertador are currently 7,000 points /nite.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 11:35 am

Any current coments?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just spent two nights at the Liberatador. Better location than the main Sheraton and Park Towers for those who are touristing. Using $s + pts but as a Gold was upgraded to Club level room with access to the lounge. However, while breakfast is standard continental the evening cocktails are just light snack items and alcohol is charged for. Rooms have been renovated and are quite nice, if compact. Staff was friendly and efficient. Easy to walk to many sights including Ricoletta and the Museo dos Bella Artes, Theatro Colon, Obalisque, Caille Florida, etc. Metro two streets south. Certainly not as luxurious as the Park Tower. And bath/tubs are compactly combined. Standard Sheraton issue toiletries.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Just spent two nights at the Liberatador. Better location than the main Sheraton and Park Towers for those who are touristing. Using $s + pts but as a Gold was upgraded to Club level room with access to the lounge. However, while breakfast is standard continental the evening cocktails are just light snack items and alcohol is charged for. Rooms have been renovated and are quite nice, if compact. Staff was friendly and efficient. Easy to walk to many sights including Ricoletta and the Museo dos Bella Artes, Theatro Colon, Obalisque, Caille Florida, etc. Metro two streets south. Certainly not as luxurious as the Park Tower. And bath/tubs are compactly combined. Standard Sheraton issue toiletries.
Thanks for the update SH. I'm holding space now at the Liberator for one night prior to flying home from EZE in June and the rate includes late check out but subject to availability. Without any SPG elite status I'm hoping it happens because my UA flight isn't until 21:05.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tcook052
Thanks for the update SH. I'm holding space now at the Liberator for one night prior to flying home from EZE in June and the rate includes late check out but subject to availability. Without any SPG elite status I'm hoping it happens because my UA flight isn't until 21:05.
Getting an SPG account upgraded to Preferred Plus status -- as easy as via AAA membership and maybe even CAA membership -- or to SPG Corporate/Business account status would also include the 4 p.m. check-out benefit.

Both Sheratons in the city have been rather good about 4 p.m. check-out.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Previously all SPG stays in BA was CC. Well taken care of, upgraded, lounge access, late check-out etc.

Spending only 3 days/2 nights in BA a couple of weeks from now, I decided to use the more convenient location of Libertador. They didn't have a lounge until some yerars ago. A drawback about beverage charge, but lots of priceworthy bars in neighbourhood. Will try to return with report.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Looking at a 2 night stay in July as part of a MR. All 3 properties seem to be good options, and was wondering what kind of upgrades to expect at the CC ? Seems like others have done well in this regard at the Liberatador.

Any recent experiences at this property (CC) ?

Thanks

CC

Last edited by Captain Canuck; Apr 10, 2009 at 10:57 am Reason: updated info
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Looking at a 2 night stay in July as part of a MR. All 3 properties seem to be good options, and was wondering what kind of upgrades to expect at the CC ? Seems like others have done well in this regard at the Liberatador.

Thanks

CC
I would stay on night at the PT and one night at the Sheraton starting at the Sheraton. This gives you two stay credits and the second morning nobody will ask for you room number at the Sheraton....
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I would stay on night at the PT and one night at the Sheraton starting at the Sheraton. This gives you two stay credits and the second morning nobody will ask for you room number at the Sheraton....
Thanks for the advice FL - I think I will stay at the Sheraton night 1 (C&P), then move over to PT using my Plat free night and enjoy the best of both worlds.

I will tell them that my Lawyer told me to stay here

Caveat Emptor !
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck

Thanks

CC
As a Plat on cash and points or just points, the Sheraton CC will ordinarily upgrade to the Executive Club rooms, but that's just about it the majority of time.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
So even getting upgraded to Exective Floor at CC the lounge is no big deal it sounds like?

What is policy/pricing on wireless access, does anyone recall?

Will be there Saturday and Saturday after that.

Glen
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Hi Glen,

I was just at EZE second last Weekend and stayed at both Sheratons to maximize free weekend nights.

At Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center:
- upgrade to Executive Level
- old uninspiring room in desperate need of renovation
- good food for breakfast in the morning, rather poor in the evening in the lounge
- outdoor pool closed despite temperatures close to 30°

Sheraton Libertador:
- upgrade to very nicely furnished renovated room
- better location for walking to Florida, Recoleta, Obelisk etc.
- lounge was small, food was a level below the main Sheraton

Given the lower price I would always choose the Libertador again

Thomas
Old Jun 2, 2009, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by tmeyer
better location for walking to Florida, Recoleta, Obelisk etc.
Main Sheraton to Florida = 5 minutes through the park.....
Old Jun 2, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
If the Club Lounge is of any consideration I would tend to give the upper hand to the CC as I found the Club Lounge in November of 2008 at the Libertador property to have fairly meager offerings while the CC's offerings were way more abundant and of better quality.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:22 pm

Weekend stay at Sheraton CC & Park Tower

I took advantage of 2 free weekend nights as part of a quick weekend away in BA (I considered it a MR, but purists would argue that sleeping even a night in the city invaladates that )

The first night I stayed at the Sheraton CC. I was sent an email before I arrived that I had been upgraded to the Club Floor and that I should check in on the 22nd floor. There I was further upgraded to a corner suite on one of the club floors (20th floor) - great view of the river. I chose the points as my amenity (without really thinking - they posted promptly). The Club Lounge is nice, snacks and non alcoholic beverages are included. The lounge itself was not open for breakfast, I was told to go to the Park Tower restaurant on the second floor for breakfast - it was fantastic ^

The Corner suite is about the size of 2 standard rooms with a sliding wood door partition and a seperate 2 piece bathroom. The towels here were big and soft, but the shower has a tendancy to leak on the floor (bathtub design). Ate at the bar downstairs one night - about US $20 for a club sandwich and glass of wine - reasonable for a hotel.

Night #2 I moved over to the Park Tower. Check in here is similar to the Sheraton Club Floor (nice little table to the side of the lobby - a personal touch). Here too I lucked out on an upgrade to a suite (Deluxe Suite, not one of the monsters on the top floors). Bigger than those at the Sheraton and the furnishings were a few steps up - very nice ! This time I decided to ask what the local Plat Amenities were - a few choices of leather goods and other small gifts, or a bottle of wine. I chose the vino A few minutes after getting into the suite, my butler arrived bearing the wine, along with some chocolates. In addition, there was already another bottle of wine waiting for me in the room and a full bowl of fruit (which would come in handy the next day, as others have mentioned, breakfast is not included when you stay on points and room service prices here are somewhat unrealistic). The room was on the 3rd floor with a nice view of the park. The only negatives here were that the towels were not as soft as those next door and that when I called to get coffee deliverd the next morning (the perk of having a butler), I was told that this was not possible This was only available "when you first get up" - but I explained, I did just get up (it was only 9.30am, in the city that goes to bed at 4am). Then I was told that I had to arrange this the night before ?? I could however order the Coffee through regular room servive if I wished (so much for the 24hr butler service)

Overall both hotels were great and certainly made me feel like a Platinum guest. I will stay here again when I return to the city of Coffee and Steak !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.