Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

I am going to use Starpoints for this pleasure stay and I want to make the best choice. I would like to choose the Park Tower, but I need 2 rooms and that's just WAY too many Starpoints. The Sheraton Pilar seems to be too far away from the action, so that leaves 2 choices:

1) Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel and Convention Center

or

2) Sheraton Libertador Hotel

Can anyone tell me which one might be better? Thanks!

-mac
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC
Just got back Sunday...

I stayed in the Park Tower which shares the same physical structure as the Sheraton BA Hotel & Convention Center. Highly recommend the property overall (lobbies are similarly elegant, and both are accessible from either tower).

Although I can't attest to the rooms on the Sheraton side, the neighborhood is a little more upscale (Plaza San Martin vs. more narrow downtown streets, but both are only 5 blocks apart anyway), and I'm sure the rooms are nice.

I agree that it's hard to justify using 10,000 points/night for the Park Tower, given how inexpensive the other properties are; but I felt it was a pretty good value for US$200, and it was definitely cool having my own butler.

Also, if your rooms don't have to be attached, it wouldn't be an inconvenience to have one room in the Park Tower and one in the Sheraton, if you were so inclined...

Last edited by wildblueyonder; Mar 31, 2005 at 11:40 am Reason: additional info
Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
I've stayed at the PT a couple of times and highly recommend it.....However, if you don't want to spend the points (and I understand why!),,,then my vote would be for the Sheraton BA, which is in the same "location".

Note too that you can come and go thru the PT, use their elevators (which are much less crowded), and simply walk to your room in the Sheraton BA thru the connecting door..

Best wishes for a great trip to BA! Dave
Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks you all for the info on the Park Tower and BA Sheraton. It sounds like the BA Sheraton might be a good choice.

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Libertador? I might still consider it because it is only 5 blocks away. It costs 1000 less Starpoints per night. That'll be 6000 less points for my stay, but that's only good if the hotel is decent.

Also, is either of these hotels near the Marriott?

Thanks!

-mac
Old Mar 31, 2005, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
While I haven't stayed at the Libertador, I can tell you that both of these hotels is "around the corner" from the Marriott......

Given the combination of location and amenities of the PT I think that despite the 6K *Wood points difference, I'd still opt to stay at the Sheraton BA.....The Libertador (sic?) just didn't look all the "appealing" from the outside...
Best wishes, Dave
Old May 14, 2005, 7:06 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
I'm trying to decide where to stay in BsAs and thinking about the Sheraton which has a corporate rate for me of $120 including breakfast, which seems like a good rate.Any thoughts? The Park Tower is available with cash+points but I think I won't do it as it uses points and based on what I've read probably won't provide breakfast either... what kind of treatment do you all think I can expect as a Gold? Any specific room views, etc. to ask for?
Old May 14, 2005, 10:47 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The Libertador has some advantages; obviously it is a cheaper hotel than the PT or Sheraton but in some ways it is better. Better location (easy walk to some very nice shopping and the best ice cream in the world). A good pool (on the roof) and excellent masseuse (obviously that varies). Excellent Platinum upgrades, particularly if you tip well (I got the Presidential Suite which was basically 4 regular hotel rooms joined together and furnished to be fit for its stated purpose ... only drawback is that every single book in the library was in spanish (you'd think with a thousand books they could have some in other languages). The hotel also has an excellent barber (very skilled) and a pretty good wine shop. The bad side: half the rooms are not yet renovated, and these are presumably grim (I didn't see them but I can imagine). But anyone with Gold or Plat status will never see that part of the hotel. Better than the PT if you get the PS.
Old May 14, 2005, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Sheraton Libertador EZE

I stayed last Nov. at the Libertador. A better location than the other Sheratons , and cheeper. ( I paid approx. US$100 per nite ). It is a very good hotel and is 1 block from the main departement store of B.A. and Calle "Florida" : the pedestrian street. I recommend it.
Old May 14, 2005, 1:53 pm

Tough Call in Buenos Aires

I was in BA a few months ago and stayed at the Sheraton BA. Not very impressed. First was offered a regular Towers Room, which was decently furnished and fairly small but nothing special. Then as a Platinum I asked about a Suite, which they weren't happy about. They showed me a Smoking Suite on the 10th floor (which they told me wasn't renovated) and while this room was big with two bathrooms, it really, really needed a serious makeover. The Towers lounge was decent for breakfast, but pretty unimpressive for the evening appetizers. As a Platinum you get free access to the health club, which is decent.

The Park Tower is very elegant, but a lot of points. I can't say much about the Liberator, but it is a very good location. It is much smaller than the Sheraton BA, but is probably a good use of points.
Old May 14, 2005, 3:06 pm

I stayed at the BA Sheraton Hotel and Convention Centre 3 times recently. The fist time I had a rate of 135 USD but the next two times they gave me a 95USD rate after I talked to the Towers desk!! The PT was next door but the extra 105 USD per night was not justified IMHO. There was no suite U/G but the Towers lounge had very helpful staff. The breakfast was reasonable but the evening snacks were not great. The Liberatador, I heard, needed some refurbishing--so I stayed away from it. I'd recommend the BA Sheraton H&C anytime.
Old May 14, 2005, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, DL Silver, SPG Lifetime Gold
Butler Service

Originally Posted by wildblueyonder
I agree that it's hard to justify using 10,000 points/night for the Park Tower, given how inexpensive the other properties are; but I felt it was a pretty good value for US$200, and it was definitely cool having my own butler.
I'm heading to the PT and have never had butler service before. what exactly can I expect with butler service? Is it just a man who is on call whenever I need something? How is he different from standard housekeeping attendants? What kinds of things did you request of him?

How did you handle the tipping and how much?

Thanks for any info on this service. I have no idea how great the service is or whether some people don't even use it.
Old May 14, 2005, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
If you would like a view and nice location its the Sheraton BA/convention center. Liberatador is more convenient for walking and shopping but you are on a very noisy dirty street and no views. I've only been the lobbys of these hotel but the BA convention centre wins hands down in my book!
Old May 15, 2005, 12:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Sauna and Jacuzzi

I have stayed at all three and they all have something to offer.

The Park Tower has the most elegant rooms, but as a Platinum I did not get a suite, just a very nice room. Sheraton BA less elegant and there an upgrade would have been more appreciated as the room was just average. Still staff was very nice. I only stayed there for an hour (as my plans changed) and they only charged me half price without even asking. Outdoor pool is nice.

The Sheraton Libertador is very well located. The lobby is a bit worn. Still very convenient (but all three hotels are within blocks of each other). I showed up around 11 a.m. to check-in but my room was not ready yet. I did not need to check-in then anyway so I said I would come back later. Came back about 2 and was asked if I minded waiting while they finished preparing my room. I was in no hurry so I said fine. Soon I was taken upstairs to my suite and a suite it was. Not the Presidential, but…it had everything I could want and more—Sauna and Jacuzzi! Very elegant and great views. Very friendly front desk service. And, oh yes, $99 (US) per night. Note: Indoor pool. I have already made my next reservation there.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:21 am

Just returned from BA and stayed at both the Libertador and Convention Center (CC) using *points. I would recommend both, but you do get what you pay for -- they are Cat I and Cat II properties, respectively. With just Preferred+ status I was upgraded to the executive floors at both, and the Libertador even provided me with comp wine and cheese (delivered to the room) -- a nice touch. Service at both was good, although I did not scout what the hotel amenities looked like at either. The Libertador has the advantage of being located smack in the city center, but then again, the CC is just 6 blocks away and has views of the river. The CC is also located across the street from the Manuel Leon Tien bus depot, which is handy for getting to the EZE airport (but the wide avenue fronting the hotel does make it a bit noisy at night, even on the 25th floor). Of course, a taxi from the Libertador will only cost you a couple US$.

The CC is huge and sparkly, and it feels a bit impersonal when you first enter the hotel. I guess you get that "convention center" feel. The room on the executive floors had all the usual Sheraton amenities and looked very new. Not sure what the "regular" rooms on the lower floors look like, although I can't imagine them to be shabby. The Park Tower is actually part of the building, so you can easily enter and exit using their elevators if you are so inclined.

The Libertador is a lot smaller, but that may add to its charm a bit. It still has all the Sheraton amenities, but the rooms and building are just a tad older. For the money or points you save vis a vis the CC, it is a recommended option.

Bottom line: the Libertador, CC and PT all are fine properties, but they do vary as their cat status reflect.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:40 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the 3 properties on my last trip to Argentina. The Park Tower is by far the best hotel, but much more expensive.
The Libertador is just below average. I had no Platinum recognition whatsoever, they just supposedly upgraded me to Executive floor which is just one of the top floors, no difference otherwise as far as the rooms are concerned. Service is quite bad and it is quite noisy. I like the location though
The Sheraton on the other hand upgraded me to one of their top suites, which was a huge corner suiteon the Exectutive floor, which included breakfast, with a view on the Rio de la Plata on one side, and the Retiro station on the other, and all this for a mere 125USD
Definitely my choice when I go back to BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.