Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:53 pm

Buenos aires question

I apologize if this was ask already

I am looking on taking a trip to Argentina and will be staying in buenos aires, and was wondering which hotel was the best to stay at on vacation. I am more concerned with location and convinience then the category of the hotel.

Thank you in advance,
Lenny
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:08 pm

My suggestion is that you miss the Starwood options when in Buenos Aires.
They are patchy to say the best on service delivery.

This place is hip,hot and the coolest Hotel in town:

http://www.faenahotelanduniverse.com/#/esp/
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
My parents just came back from a month long visit to S. America. They stayed at the Sheraton Buenos Aires and loved it.
(http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=260)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The 3 downtown Starwoods are all convenient (2 share the same property). I actually like the Libertador location best, but it is the "least" of the 3 properties. And they aren't all that far apart.

By the way, that "hip cool" recommendation above is going to run you near $600/night for the cheapest rooms.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Did you check out the Master Thread? Plenty of information there and reviews. Check that out and then ask anything else you'd like to you.

Argentina Links

BTW - I like the Park Tower and Sheraton CC (both for different reasons). All SPG hotels are well located for tourists. Cabs are your best friend in BA and the subte is close to both the Sheraton Libertador and Park Tower/Sheraton CC. Its extremely easy to get around in this city.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Si_Ting_ca
My parents just came back from a month long visit to S. America. They stayed at the Sheraton Buenos Aires and loved it.
(http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=260)
We stayed here as well. Walked pretty well everywhere from here. Tons of shopping and sighting from this location. Wouldn't hesitate to return to this same property.

Cheers,
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:57 am

Thank you all for quick responses. I should have said i will be staying either for points or C&P.

therefore the "hip/cool" option at 500 bucks a night is out..
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Starwood properties have good location, but old and not very well managed. The property to stay in Buenos Aires is the Park Hyatt.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by atakam
Starwood properties have good location, but old and not very well managed. The property to stay in Buenos Aires is the Park Hyatt.
The OP is using C&P or just P. He is staying at a Starwood. Let us help him in the right direction in that regard.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K, AS 75K, LT Titanium, Globalist
I would highly recommend the Park Tower. It's one of the best run hotels in the system (they literally should send their top tier GMs for training there). If you're SPG plat, you will get a very very nice upgrade. As for hotel convenience, it's a good location, but not in the hip new Puerto Madero area across from Calatrava's cool bridge (where I recall the Hilton is).

Still, it's all a short cab ride away.

EDIT: Do check out the hotel's master thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-thread-4.html
Old Feb 16, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Agree

Originally Posted by ihdihd
I would highly recommend the Park Tower. It's one of the best run hotels in the system (they literally should send their top tier GMs for training there). If you're SPG plat, you will get a very very nice upgrade. As for hotel convenience, it's a good location, but not in the hip new Puerto Madero area across from Calatrava's cool bridge (where I recall the Hilton is).

Still, it's all a short cab ride away.

EDIT: Do check out the hotel's master thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-thread-4.html
I also agree about the Park Tower. I had a great stay there in March.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
This is a great hidden gem, right in the middle of BA:

http://www.casacalma.com.ar/en/hotel/

My wife and I stayed there for 5 nights - it was a great place to experience BA and still feel pampered!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; UA 1K
I agree with atakam. The Park Hyatt is great if you have status with Hyatt! We had two butlers who did everything that was asked of them (very quickly too) and more. They even set up a romantic night in our room with rose petals and champagne - all complimentary!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:42 am

thanks everyone...I think I put a reservation in for Both the Park Tower and Sheraton CC. I will have gold status when I am traveling with SPG. I will not have any other status with any other hotel chain.

As other hotel look very nice, I don't really want to spend that type of money on hotels when I can get above average hotels either free or practicly free.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by tinytina
I agree with atakam. The Park Hyatt is great if you have status with Hyatt! We had two butlers who did everything that was asked of them (very quickly too) and more. They even set up a romantic night in our room with rose petals and champagne - all complimentary!
Agreed 100%. I LOVE the PH Buenos Aires- here are pics and video from a recent stay.

I've also rented an apartment in Palermo soho from Apartmentsba.com and had a really good experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.