Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I stayed at the Park Tower last Labor Day. First time in Buenos Aires so no real basis for comparison but for what it's worth my semi-uninformed opinions...

Originally Posted by ohmark
See lots of tripadvisor posts talking about how tired both properties are. In photos, Park Tower reflects non-modern grand decorating style from a previous era.
... I could see where that description comes from I guess. My memory of the room matches what's on the Marriott web site. Sure, if you are looking for like a W/Aloft vibe you won't find that here but I thought it was more than acceptable.

Can't really speak to the rest. The location was fine for me, but in general I do a ton of walking so... did take a taxi a couple times and they were readily available.

I had read, but then I guess completely forgotten about, the dire warnings from some people upthread about the area around the hotel, which is probably for the best as I do try to stay aware of my surroundings at all times and never felt unsafe e.g. walking back from Recoleta late [by US standards -- see below] at night a few times (but I did not venture behind the train station). Maybe things have changed since the discussion in 2015.

Don't remember a lounge. There was a happy hour with drinks/snacks in an open area off the lobby that was free as a Plat.

Last edited by Zorak; Jun 4, 2019 at 2:13 pm
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Zorak

I had read, but then I guess completely forgotten about, the dire warnings from some people upthread about the area around the hotel, which is probably for the best as I do try to stay aware of my surroundings at all times and never felt unsafe e.g. walking back from Recoleta late at night a few times (but I did not venture behind the train station). Maybe things have changed since the discussion in 2015.
The area behind the train station is an eye opening third world experience.

A tourist was killed a few years back in Plaza San Martin (near the hotel) when putting up a fight over a camera that the thieves were trying to take.

I don't have an issue with the location. I will use the bus or get off the SUBTE nearby there at night. The normal street smarts of any major city will do you just fine. I do find myself taking taxis / transit between neighborhoods more than I did several years ago. Not sure if it is more paranoia, or older feet, but I an not keen on walking long distances alone late at night. (If people are still out for dinner, i.e., 11pm, that is not BsAs late )
Zorak likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(If people are still out for dinner, i.e., 11pm, that is not BsAs late )
I misspoke, then -- I was not out late
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Zorak
I stayed at the Park Tower last Labor Day. First time in Buenos Aires so no real basis for comparison but for what it's worth my semi-uninformed opinions...
... I could see where that description comes from I guess. My memory of the room matches what's on the Marriott web site. Sure, if you are looking for like a W/Aloft vibe you won't find that here but I thought it was more than acceptable.
Appreciate your response.
Not looking for W/Aloft vibe, but would be happy with well maintained modern furnishings. A number of tripadvisor reviews complain of lack of upkeep at the Park Tower, and much more so at the Sheraton. Furniture style, of course, is in the eye of the beholder. But few modern hotels in the U.S. or Europe are furnished in the style of the Park Tower.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
Appreciate your response.
Not looking for W/Aloft vibe, but would be happy with well maintained modern furnishings. A number of tripadvisor reviews complain of lack of upkeep at the Park Tower, and much more so at the Sheraton. Furniture style, of course, is in the eye of the beholder. But few modern hotels in the U.S. or Europe are furnished in the style of the Park Tower.
Sure, and to be clear, I wasn't knocking the W/Aloft vibe even if that had been what you were looking for The Park Tower definitely won't be to everyone's taste.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The area behind the train station is an eye opening third world experience.

A tourist was killed a few years back in Plaza San Martin (near the hotel) when putting up a fight over a camera that the thieves were trying to take.

I don't have an issue with the location. I will use the bus or get off the SUBTE nearby there at night. The normal street smarts of any major city will do you just fine. I do find myself taking taxis / transit between neighborhoods more than I did several years ago. Not sure if it is more paranoia, or older feet, but I an not keen on walking long distances alone late at night. (If people are still out for dinner, i.e., 11pm, that is not BsAs late )
Years ago, when the Plaza Hotel was still a Marriott, I was mugged in the middle of the Plaza San Martin, at noon on a sunny Sunday. He was trying to grab my necklace, but after I grabbed my necklace he only got the pendant that was on the necklace.

So no location is totally safe at all times of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.