Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by juluca
What is the best way to get to the hotel by taxi or that service the flight crew uses?
I found the Manuel Tienda León bus service to be the best way to get to Retiro / Recoleta in Buenos Aires. From there, you can easily hop in a cab to wherever you are staying, saving yourself a significant amount of money in the process. EZE sits about 30 kms from the city center and the highway can get quite crowded, especially during rush hour. You also need to make sure to catch a real cab at the airport and avoid unregistered cabs which may seek to scam visitors.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
How much is the difference between a taxi and the bus service? Since we will have all our luggage with us I am not sure I want to hassle with the bus. Thank you for your help.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How much is the difference between a taxi and the bus service? Since we will have all our luggage with us I am not sure I want to hassle with the bus. Thank you for your help.
Check the Argentina forum here in the destinations area of FT if the hotel's own website doesn't offer an estimate of taxi fare to/from the airport. There's lots and lots of good information that's updated and maintained there, including suggestions for particular taxi (or remise) services to use out of EZE.

I don't recall how I much paid for the taxi from the Sheraton Libertador to EZE a few months ago, using the taxi company called by the hotel for me, but I remember that it seemed fairly inexpensive compared to USA airport taxi journeys.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:44 pm

eze airport car is best

Inside the terminal is a kiosk with EZE airport cars, just after you exit through customs. You have your own car and you pre pay at the kiosk. in Oct it cost me about $30 US, and you can pay via credit card. More reliable than taxi's and you don't sweat the rate if you are stuck in traffic. They also give you a number to call if you want to return to the airport at the end of your trip.
I'd also like to add my 2 cents to the hotel discussion. Sheraton CC has larger rooms and the club is excellent. Fantastic breakfast, open all day with snacks, tea and light food. Rooms have recently been re-done. Rooms at Libertador are nicely redone, but somewhat smaller than Sheraton CC and the Club is very disappointing when compared with CC. Nice roof top pool at Libertador, but CC has indoor and outdoor pools.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by AlaninPS
Inside the terminal is a kiosk with EZE airport cars, just after you exit through customs. You have your own car and you pre pay at the kiosk. in Oct it cost me about $30 US, and you can pay via credit card. More reliable than taxi's and you don't sweat the rate if you are stuck in traffic. They also give you a number to call if you want to return to the airport at the end of your trip.
I'd also like to add my 2 cents to the hotel discussion. Sheraton CC has larger rooms and the club is excellent. Fantastic breakfast, open all day with snacks, tea and light food. Rooms have recently been re-done. Rooms at Libertador are nicely redone, but somewhat smaller than Sheraton CC and the Club is very disappointing when compared with CC. Nice roof top pool at Libertador, but CC has indoor and outdoor pools.
Thank you for the taxi info. We will look for them.
We are staying at the Sheraton CC.
Any restaurants you loved or tango shows you attended that you would rave about?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a lot of good restaurant info for Buenos Aires in the various COW DO threads in FT's CommunityBuzz forum as will as in food and restaurant threads in the Argentina destination forum. Much has been contributed by Gaucho100K who knows the Buenos Aires food and wine scene extremely well. You'll find honest evaluations of popular and traditional upper end places as well as some very good and relatively inexpensive places where locals go.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 28, 2012 at 10:14 am Reason: Gaucho is 100K, not 1K
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG/UA
Food in BA

Check out Pieragi for Italian it is a 20 minute walk from Sheraton CC. also Brocolino on Esmeralda is a great place
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: SPG/UA
EZE Sheraton CC

The Manuel Tienda Leon bus terminal is around the corner from the Sheraton CC. about $15 per person. Great bus service from EZE to BA
Old Dec 29, 2012, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by usft
The Manuel Tienda Leon bus terminal is around the corner from the Sheraton CC. about $15 per person. Great bus service from EZE to BA
Thank you. Where do you find this bus in the airport? Is this EZE local bus service or a chartered one? Also, thank you for the restaurant names.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Thank you. Where do you find this bus in the airport? Is this EZE local bus service or a chartered one? Also, thank you for the restaurant names.
Upon leaving customs you will see booths for several taxis and bus companies.

Manuel Tienda Leon is one of the booths that sell tickets both for their buses and taxis to the city.

Cheers,
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:29 am
Community Director Emerita

Any recent experiences vis a vis one property versus another? There is a 2012 post upstream recommending the Liberatador, while I've seen posts in other threads saying avoid at all costs. All 3 hotels are available for the dates I'm considering.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Any recent experiences vis a vis one property versus another? There is a 2012 post upstream recommending the Liberatador, while I've seen posts in other threads saying avoid at all costs. All 3 hotels are available for the dates I'm considering.
Sheraton CC .... don't think the Park Tower is worth the premium since its in the same building.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by neo_781
Sheraton CC .... don't think the Park Tower is worth the premium since its in the same building.
Agreed - Libertador is a bit more "central", but I found it to be a total dump. CC at least seems a bit newer.

PT was nice but rooms were "aged".
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:53 pm

The Libertador rooms were renovated a couple years ago. I don't know whether they later did the lobby, lounge, etc. I'm not fond of the neighborhood in the old downtown CBD.

PH is very nice but expensive. There are a bunch of new interesting boutique hotels (BoBo in the SoHo area is one, for example, and one just opened with a very good restaurant near the theater and column).
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I unfortunately stayed at the Libertador a bunch in the fall for work. The rooms have been renovated so they're fine. The bathroom is pretty terrible. The shower floods the bathroom because the glass only extends part way. The lobby has been renovated. However, the elevators seemed to have a bunch of problems. I spent 10+ minutes waiting for an elevator sometime.

Breakfast is okay. Nothing special. The lounge is okay. You get a free cup of bad wine (how is it even possible to have bad wine in Argentina???).

I found the service to be pretty terrible, which was my biggest gripe. Room service couldn't ever get an order right (even in clear Spanish). I NEVER got upgraded once in 11 weeks of stays.

Overall, I don't ever want to stay at the Libertador ever again.

I do think the Libertador has a better location than the Sheraton and the Park Tower. The Libertador is next to Calle Florida (a bit seedy) and a really nice mall (Galerias Pacificos). The other two are a bit more secluded with few food options right nearby.

Overall, I'd highly recommend the Park Hyatt. It's in another league. My GF and I had tea there and wished we'd stayed overnight even with the price differential. I agree with exploring the boutique hotels. Palermo probably has a bunch of interesting options and is in a much more interesting area than microcenter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.