Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:01 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Any advice on how to get the great rates some people have posted? SPG lists prices from 135 up depending on hotel. No sub-100 prices. Is there a local booking site one should use?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, AA 2M Miles (Llifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by daveland
Any advice on how to get the great rates some people have posted? SPG lists prices from 135 up depending on hotel. No sub-100 prices. Is there a local booking site one should use?
Ussually local companies have special rates with these hotels. Do you have anybody or an office in BA which can help you with this? Also, a point to take into consideration is that most hotels have increased their prices signifcantly in tha last 6 months so you may have a hard time finding sub-$100 rates.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Don't have any affiliations there at all. Any websites you know of good for that? And do those rates still earn benefits and points?

Otherwise, if the 100+ rates are just fact now, it is best to use points. I started playing around with dates in Jan/Feb for EZE and Mar Del Plata and it would seem I could do 10 days (Cat 2 in EZE and Cat 1 in Mar Del Plata) for about 30,000 points! I realize it's tied to equally low rates but man that seems like a deal A couple days in Iguazu would make it a bit less sweet as that is Cat 3 ;-) Too bad there's no *wood in Punta Del Este.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Don't have any affiliations there at all. Any websites you know of good for that? And do those rates still earn benefits and points?

Otherwise, if the 100+ rates are just fact now, it is best to use points. I started playing around with dates in Jan/Feb for EZE and Mar Del Plata and it would seem I could do 10 days (Cat 2 in EZE and Cat 1 in Mar Del Plata) for about 30,000 points! I realize it's tied to equally low rates but man that seems like a deal A couple days in Iguazu would make it a bit less sweet as that is Cat 3 ;-) Too bad there's no *wood in Punta Del Este.
There's no hotel in Punta del Este in Uruguay that I would want to stay at. The only point earning property around there is a Hilton-affiliated Conrad Hotel, and -- having done it a few times -- I now have a strong preference for renting a house there or using a friend's house instead of any of the hotel choices. (Condos can be rented reasonably cheaply there as well.)
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:56 pm

Would we be happy beach-wise just sticking with Mar Del Plata or is Punta Del Este many multiples better? We've never been to SA at all....
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Would we be happy beach-wise just sticking with Mar Del Plata or is Punta Del Este many multiples better? We've never been to SA at all....
For Argentina, I'd certainly choose Pinamar over Mar del Plata. Mar del Plata reminds me a bit of Ocean City, MD or some of the heavily-built-up stretches along Florida's coast. (Given a choice between Mar del Plata or crossing over to Punta del Este in Uruguay, I'd go toward PDP in Uruguay.) Mar del Plata had a Sheraton hotel last I was there -- and was a good redemption value -- if that affects your decision.

As much as I love Argentina, the beaches in Uruguay and in Brazil are more my cup of tea. That said, the best place to get such answers about South American beaches on FT is in the South America forum here on FT. Just make sure you go through Buenos Aires, for it's a place that should not be missed.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 19, 2005 at 6:26 pm
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:45 pm

Thanks... I will ask around over there

The Cat 1 in Mar Del Plata would sure be a nice value but if we're talking Ocean City vs. a beach lovers paradise in Punta Del Este, I suppose I'd pony up for a cash stay and really experience SA.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:09 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Can anyone comment on which of the 3 BA properties provide breakfast and evening drinks in a lounge for Plats?
Thanks
Ed
Old Oct 20, 2005, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan
Can anyone comment on which of the 3 BA properties provide breakfast and evening drinks in a lounge for Plats?
Thanks
Ed

I'm fairly sure that the Libatator does not have a platinum lounge, however, as a plat I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite for my 3 night visit earlier this year. It certainly could have used some updating, but the views, sauna and hot tub in the massive room more than made up for it. We also spent one night at the Park. While it was a very nice hotel, in retrospect I couldn't justify spending the points again given how cheap other options are.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Thanks
Ed
I've had the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel and Convention Center provide breakfast as part of the upgrade to the Executive Floor with a small Executive Lounge.

I've had the Park Tower provide breakfast, but I don't know if that's a courtesy they extend to me independent of Platinum status or not.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Thanks
Ed
I stayed a couple weeks ago at both the PkTwr and the Sheraton ConvCtr (SPG PLT).

The PkTwr does not have an executive lounge. There were no evening cocktails, but a bottle of champagne was included as a welcome/arrival amenity. Breakfast was provided in the morning in the 2nd floor restaurant, though as another posted I'm not sure if it was a PLT benefit as it was included as part of my rate. Breakfast was a very nice buffet spread and included eggs-to-order if one liked.

The Sheraton ConvCtr does have an exec lounge. They had an evening cocktail hour....no munchies IIRC beyond nuts. Breakfast is included in the exec lounge for PLTs. Another very nice breakfast buffet.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 3:39 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I tried the PT and Lib in Sept (COW DO) and was very impressed with the PT, not so with the Lib. Did a cash and points (4000 pts plus US$60,) at the PT and a US$100 rate at the Lib. Only problem was with the butler service, as I was trying to get shirts pressed and had to call 3 times to insist on getting them before I left for the evening. Finally showed up. The room was a king, with a large sitting area, though not as nice as techgirl's suite.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was very pleased with the Convention Centre hotel - my plat upgrade was to a room in the Park Tower. Despite the rather evil looking photo in the Best of Starwood book the PT room was quite lovely. Service was a bit slow though.

The Libertador gave me a corner exec room. Sweet Sleeper bed was good, the tatty old wooden surrounding that they hadn't bothered to refurbish wasn't so clever.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 2:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat Elite, Continental Gold, bmi Silver, SPG Plat, HiltonDiamond
Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for all the great info on this thread.

I just booked 4 nights at the Sheraton Convention Center based on your collective advice. I never knew the PT and the CC were connected in the same building. I have stayed in many properties with butler service and I never use this - who needs someone to unpack a suitcas? So I am going for the less expensive option.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by cawhite60156
The Sheraton ConvCtr does have an exec lounge. They had an evening cocktail hour....no munchies IIRC beyond nuts. Breakfast is included in the exec lounge for PLTs. Another very nice breakfast buffet.
Seals my decision in favor of the CC for an upcoming award stay. I assume that they do not discriminate against PLTs on award stays, when granting access to the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.