Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by smcmona
I just returned from Princeville (great upgrade to Junior Suite!) where we purchased into the SVO deal on Maui. I was given a "Friendship Program" sheet where I list names and addresses of friend who will be contacted and offered the 5 night/Avis car deal. So, if anyone wants to be on the list, please send me your name/address/phone and I will add you to my frienship list.
Sorry, but I am now out of the business of sending in names. I guess it worked for quite a few of you! Take care.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
I just got back from Princeville and like smcmona, got in on the Maui SVO. Funny, they also upgraded me to a Junior Suite. Deja vu?

Last edited by shibang; Jan 17, 2006 at 11:30 pm Reason: To stop people from PMing me
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:46 pm

I'm planning my honeymoon for July 2006 right now and wasn't really thinking of doing Hawaii, but this seems like it could be too good to pass up. Could I do one and my future wife do one? For example, 5 nights in my name at Princeville, followed by 5 nights in Maui in her name?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
One question about the time limit to respond...

If you receive the invitation card and it states you have 48 hours to respond from its receipt...but you can't because you need to make other travel arrangements first, can you still call in and claim you just received the card even if it's well beyond 48 hours? Do they track that?

I just got my flights confirmed finally, but received my card a long time ago...there was no way i could reserve anything at that time, but I still want to use the offer as well as probably attend the presentation (believe it or not ).

I hope they still have open dates during late september

I got an offer a year ago for Maui and about a month ago for Kauai. When I called, I accidently called the Maui number. They still had my name in the computer a year later. You have a lot of time. They still let me do it. They say that so you will call asap.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:44 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Starwood Owner - Maui and Scottsdale
Originally Posted by pwdump
I'm planning my honeymoon for July 2006 right now and wasn't really thinking of doing Hawaii, but this seems like it could be too good to pass up. Could I do one and my future wife do one? For example, 5 nights in my name at Princeville, followed by 5 nights in Maui in her name?

Thanks in advance!
The last I heard, the income qualifier was $85K. Since you are seeking separate offers, you would each have to make $85K. You would also have to each attend the timeshare presentations alone, because if they know you're married, your spouse has to be there for the presentation as well. If you "got caught," while on the trip, they would charge you full price or cancel the second week. Getting back-to-back weeks might be difficult during July.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 6:49 pm
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
Originally Posted by jeffshih
If anyone is still looking to get in on this Friendship Program, I just got back from Princeville and like smcmona, got in on the Maui SVO. Funny, they also upgraded me to a Junior Suite. Deja vu?

Anyways, if you would like to get the Princeville offer, please PM me your name, address, phone, and email and I'd be happy to get it to the SVO folks. I plan on sending the info in no later than July 26 so let me know ASAP.
jeffshih, you have PM.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
If anyone is still looking to get in on this Friendship Program, I just got back from Princeville and like smcmona, got in on the Maui SVO. Funny, they also upgraded me to a Junior Suite. Deja vu?

Anyways, if you would like to get the Princeville offer, please PM me your name, address, phone, and email and I'd be happy to get it to the SVO folks. I plan on sending the info in no later than July 26 so let me know ASAP.
You have PM, hope you're still taking names, looks like I can finally use this...
Old Jul 24, 2005, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
Wow, talk about a pile of responses! I've gotten a bit buried under all of these so as of this post, I'm no longer taking any more names.

Everyone who has PM'd me already is either on the list or I've contacted you to collect missing information. My apologies, but I don't have time to respond to each of you individually. As soon as I hear back from the people I've contacted, I'll send the list in.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC
Wow, talk about a pile of responses! I've gotten a bit buried under all of these so as of this post, I'm no longer taking any more names.

Everyone who has PM'd me already is either on the list or I've contacted you to collect missing information. My apologies, but I don't have time to respond to each of you individually. As soon as I hear back from the people I've contacted, I'll send the list in.

Thanks again Jeff... much appreciated!
Old Jul 25, 2005, 6:28 pm
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier

Thanks Jeff.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:12 pm

impressive Princeville offer, seems totally legit, is it

Originally Posted by gleff
You have PM, hope you're still taking names, looks like I can finally use this...
please add me to you list
jackie at [email protected] flytertalk member
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:00 am

Please add me to the list.. thanks!

[email protected]
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
No pressure for the timeshare sell

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I called and asked repeatedly if there would be a timeshare presentation.

Finally the person I called said, "I want to be honest with you. You will be asked when you arrive if you want to attend a [timeshare] presentation, but it will not be required."

So maybe room assignments depend on this? If one were assigned the worst room in the hotel (i.e., refused to attend the presentation) would this still be a good deal?

Edited to add: It is clearly targeted because when I told them my name (and no SPG info, not even my number), they fed my address back to me for "confirmation."
I stayed there (on points). We were asked if we would like to attend a timeshare presentation, but not any more pressured into it than anywhere else. It's not like because you get this deal, THEN they'll target you for the timeshare presentation. They ask all of their guests if they want to attend the presentation, in exchange for play money at the spa, etc. We said no, and that was the end of that.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Colleague at work would love to get referred for this, is anyone still taking names? (A wonderful FT public service!)
Old Jul 31, 2005, 12:59 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Starwood Owner - Maui and Scottsdale
Originally Posted by sinfonia
I stayed there (on points). We were asked if we would like to attend a timeshare presentation, but not any more pressured into it than anywhere else. It's not like because you get this deal, THEN they'll target you for the timeshare presentation. They ask all of their guests if they want to attend the presentation, in exchange for play money at the spa, etc. We said no, and that was the end of that.
Sorry - responded to wrong post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.