Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 3:05 pm

Wish I had seen this earlier, as I'm headed to Princeville anyway next month. Any chance I can just ask them about it?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:27 am

Is anyone still taking names as I am definitely planning a trip to Kauai in January 2006 and would very much like to take advantage of this offer. The only offer I've ever received from Starwood Vacations was the offer for the Westin Kierland (over a year ago) and unfortunately I could not take advantage of that one eventhough it was an excellent offer.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
I've been planning on taking the wife to Kaui for our 25th and the Princeville offer sure sounds like a good way to start the trip. I missed out on the FT traffic regarding the Princeville offer - so if anyone is still taking names please PM me and I will send you my details. Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:59 pm

Is anyone still taking names?

Please PM if so. Thank you.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpevnick
Is anyone still taking names?

Please PM if so. Thank you.
Ditto.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, DL FO, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Princeville and Sheraton Kauai?

Just received two separate offers over the past week. One was for the Princeville and the other for the Sheraton Kauai. Thanks to the FTers who have generously shared their offers and submitted names.

My question is can I take advantage of both on the same trip - staying 5 nights at Princeville followed by 5 at the Sheraton.

The P'Ville offer came in my name whereas the Sheraton came to Mrs. RPRocket - interesting how this happened.

Has anyone received both offers and tried to use both?
Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Got my package....but my trip is already planned date wise ....

1) has anyone been able to book the offer within 60 days of arrival?

2) has anyone been able to work out a deal with the LIH Avis to permit a paid upgrade to a convertible or other car and still apply the $185 certificate towards the rental bill?
Old Aug 9, 2005, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by RPRocket
Just received two separate offers over the past week. One was for the Princeville and the other for the Sheraton Kauai.

My question is can I take advantage of both on the same trip - staying 5 nights at Princeville followed by 5 at the Sheraton.

The P'Ville offer came in my name whereas the Sheraton came to Mrs. RPRocket - interesting how this happened.

You probably can do both, if they have the room availability that would allow you to book back to back packages. You just call and book yours and then your wife calls and book hers.

HOWEVER, I believe that people are only allowed take advantage of "1" of these packages every 12 months. So it's all how you interpret the "who" as in who took advantage of the offer. So you take advantage of yours, and she takes advantage of hers...... or does the restriction cover the couple? Not clear. But I don't think they have a way to tell in their system, because you are each individuals in the system...... so I would just not let either resort know that you are visiting the other and it would probably be fine. If you decide to go to the sales presentation for Vacation Ownership while you are at either resort DEFINITELY don't mention it.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:33 am

Programs: spg
I'm interested in any offers. Please pm me if you can hook me up!

Many thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Got my package....but my trip is already planned date wise ....

1) has anyone been able to book the offer within 60 days of arrival?

2) has anyone been able to work out a deal with the LIH Avis to permit a paid upgrade to a convertible or other car and still apply the $185 certificate towards the rental bill?
You can rent any car for any length of time and get a $185 credit, provided you follow the rules that come with cert. (Preferred Select upgrades do not apply).
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by beachfan
You can rent any car for any length of time and get a $185 credit, provided you follow the rules that come with cert. (Preferred Select upgrades do not apply).

I'll have to dig out the certificate, but I'm pretty sure it required a 5 day rental. And it requires the use of a certain rate code, so it turned out only $70 cheaper than what I found as the cheapest rate for my stay.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I received the Sheraton Kauai offer, but am unable to complete a booking in 2006. The reservation agents say the 2006 dates are not open yet. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Going to Kauai Sheraton next month. Do they have SVO representatives onsite? I wouldn't mind sitting through a presentation if there's points involved. Anybody have experience with this at this hotel?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by deli99
I received the Sheraton Kauai offer, but am unable to complete a booking in 2006. The reservation agents say the 2006 dates are not open yet. Anyone else having this problem?
I have a reservation at the Westin Maui around Memorial Day next year through their offer like this. Someone called me every week or two until I caved and picked a date.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by RPRocket
Just received two separate offers over the past week. One was for the Princeville and the other for the Sheraton Kauai. Thanks to the FTers who have generously shared their offers and submitted names.

What's the detail on the Sheraton offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.